{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

+12
John B
Truxter Fordly
Mr. Fabulous
Reb Stew
Newbie Nate
junkyardjeff
Chris55
JRiggs
Motor Head
RebStew
Arieldouglas
Lady rebel
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Empty Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

Post by Lady rebel February 24th 2012, 12:57 am

Anything good happening around your neck of the woods?
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

Post by Arieldouglas February 24th 2012, 3:07 am

I think Nate is missing?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter

Post by RebStew February 24th 2012, 4:31 am

x2
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 24th 2012, 4:34 am

Not much happening up here. Just getting things ready, in the hopes that the roads will be free of chemicals and the yearly snow storm. We usualy get one right about the Boy's State Hockey Tournament. That's in about a week or so. The Car show season will be starting up soon. The first one in the metro area is due around tax time. Then things usualy ramp up fast. I am hoping to get a couple more things done on the 75 Camaro. There are a couple of developments haning loose rignt now, and I'll update as the happen. Anyone thinking about rolling to the Northland this summer?
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2012-01-26

http://www.HotRod-Haven.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 24th 2012, 4:37 am

Motor Head wrote:Not much happening up here. Just getting things ready, in the hopes that the roads will be free of chemicals and the yearly snow storm. We usualy get one right about the Boy's State Hockey Tournament. That's in about a week or so. The Car show season will be starting up soon. The first one in the metro area is due around tax time. Then things usualy ramp up fast. I am hoping to get a couple more things done on the 75 Camaro. There are a couple of developments haning loose rignt now, and I'll update as the happen. Anyone thinking about rolling to the Northland this summer?
Dan one thing I don't know if I could handle anymore. The cold winters up there.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 24th 2012, 4:41 am

It truly has been a mild winter, at least in the metropolitan area. I will say this much, I am planning on getting the use of a pair of slicks, and hammering on the old hotrod for test day this year. We have a great 1/8 mile strip about an hour away, and on test day, it's get as many runs as you can. I'll let one and all know if the old hot rod holds up. It probably won't be until late April at the earliest. Other than that, just puttering in the shop. Sure is nice to have heated floors.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 24th 2012, 5:10 am

about 13 years ago i was up in lacrosse/sparta/ft mccoy wisconsin area, my uncle still lives up there. i stayed for about a month, didnt do much but fished.... i crossed over to minnesota for a few hours. didnt wanna get lost affraid
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 24th 2012, 7:19 am

Motor Head wrote: Sure is nice to have heated floors.
cheers
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 24th 2012, 12:04 pm

Motor Head wrote: Sure is nice to have heated floors.

My wife couldn't make me this jealous
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 25th 2012, 3:36 am

Well, when I get the new addition, I'll take some pics, and post them, if I can figure out how to post multiple pictures.

I hope one and all are having a wonderful evening.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 25th 2012, 3:41 am

Motor Head wrote:if I can figure out how to post multiple pictures.

Not that hard if you use Photobucket, (I'm forgetting how pissed i was when they wouldn't let me log on Razz ) just open 2 windows and keep copying and pasting. That's how I do it anyway. scratch
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 26th 2012, 5:15 am

Well, here goes. Just got a new addition for the Hot Rod Haven. I picked up a used Direct Lift 4 poster. Price was right, and it fits the 30 X 33 shop quite well.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 26th 2012, 1:53 pm

Hope you don't damage that heated floor when you anchor it down. Laughing
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 27th 2012, 2:38 am

I actually wasn 't planning on bolting it down. It's a 4 poster, not to mention, the slab is 6 inches thick. When I had the slab poored, it took 34 yards of concrete for the slab, footings, and 2 foot high knee walls. Then a 8 foot frame wall on top of that. All in all, it is nice. It truly is my second home. 990 square feet.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 27th 2012, 3:48 am

Email from Dan
Steve,

Here are some pics of the lift I purchased. Let me tell you, is it nice. I had to take some pictures of it coming off the roll off. I had it moved about 20 miles on that thing. Once in the garage, I just had to test it out with my daily driver. I hope to get more pics to post in the future. As you can see, not much snow on the ground. These pictures were taken yesterday.

Dan

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Picture107
Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Picture108
Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Picture111
Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Picture113
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 27th 2012, 3:48 am

Looks like a nice one Dan. I sure wish I had a lift. It would make work so much easier at times.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 27th 2012, 4:13 am

I wish I had that head room. I'm trying to figure out how to beef up some of my trusses and cut some out to get more room right in the center of the shop.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head February 28th 2012, 4:22 am

The up sides are many, just as there are some down sides. First thing I had to do was replace the muffler on my sister's car. Sure was a whole lot easier with it up in the air. I even got to play with my impact hammer gun with the chissel bit. Didn't have to fight with the air hose. Sure was nice playing with air tools. Tim Allen would have been proud.

Just to let you know, I had been planning this garage since "92". A whole lot of revisions, and still didn't get it quite right. All in all, sure makes it nice.

Should any of you ever make it up here, look me up. If I'm in the shop, the coffee is on, and if there's a race being broadcast, it'll be on.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Minnesota Chapter Empty Car Craft Summer Nationals Minnesota

Post by Motor Head February 28th 2012, 4:33 am

If anyone is in the area, you may want to check this out. It's a hoot, and a blast. What a place to run OPEN PIPES for all to hear.

Here's the link. http://www.familyevents.com/event/233

GM Performance Division presents CAR CRAFT Magazine Summer Nationals

WHERE: Minnesota State Fairgrounds
St Paul, MN
Get Directions
WHEN: July 20 ..... 10am - 6pm
July 21 ....... 9am - 6pm
July 22 ....... 9am - 3:30pm
INFO LINKS: Register Your Vehicle Today | CarCraft.com | Hotel

The 2012 Car Craft Magazine Summer Nationals, a three-day event showcasing over 5,000 street machines and muscle cars, will roll into St. Paul at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, July 20, 21 and 22, 2012
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head March 11th 2012, 3:15 am

News flash from the North. Weather hit 60 plus today, took a sawsall to the exhaust on the hotrod, removed everything from the headers back. After all that fun, rolled down the road to a friends, to bend up some new 3" pipe, and put on new mufflers. As a result of putting the car up on the lift, found quite a few cracks in the mufflers, and the welds, so new pipe setup going on this weekend. Other than that, not much happening up here. Getting ready for the summer.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 March 11th 2012, 7:59 am

Nice looking shop, how high are your ceilings?
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head March 12th 2012, 3:12 am

Half of the shop is 10 ft, the other half is 20 ft.

News flash, new exhaust for the HotRod is now installed. Cost, well worth the amount spent. Being able to drive past the local law enforcement and having them give me a thumbs up, priceless. Now all I need to do is get the custom cut outs put on, so I can blast the throtle at the track. Other than that, took the little gem out for an evening stroll down the interstate. Nothing better than rolling down the windows, blasting away to some tunes turned up 3-db beyond the threshold of pain, just to appreciate Frankie Valley over the melodious hum of a finely tuned motor vibrating the floor boards, and having every one look at you as you go blasting by.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 12th 2012, 4:34 am

Twisted Evil
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff March 17th 2012, 5:05 am

I was last up in that state in 2000 and would like to head back up for some serious fishing,was close to Bemidji in the Blackduck area

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor Head March 18th 2012, 12:13 am

Wellllll? Should you ever be back up this side of the Iowa border, let me know far enough in advance. I'll make sure the coffe is brewing and the lights are on.
Motor Head
Motor Head
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next