{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow...

+5
junkyard junky
Lady rebel
xycho_wraith
RebStew
JRiggs
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow...

Post by RebStew January 26th 2009, 6:58 am

We are getting to the end of the pics.
Don't think that being 76 years old has slowed this old hot rodder down. He took us in to see his latest project. 23 touring coupe that he is redoing. He said it's up and running and only needs a few thing to finish her off. One being a float for the carb. He said it had a pin hole in it and he was never too good at fixing them so he was trying to figure out who to get to do it. What do ya think 76 yeard old and still working on stuff. too cool.
Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4449

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4448

we walked around a little bit more and it was getting late. I told the guy thanks for letting us look at his stuff and off we went to try to hit the highway before dark. We were in the boonies! The guy was super nice and Jonathan (Junkyard Junky) set it up for us to see this stuff. Jonathan called him before we got there and has been talking to the guy for a while. He told me he wouldn't sell none of his cool stuff but he did have a couple cars for sale. A 60 Chev and a couple 51's. I didn't ask to buy anything because Jonathan said it wasn't for sale. He just keeps the stuff stored away and someday someone will find a gold mine when he dies. I even seen a wide five rim like the one I got from Jonathan. Thank again by the way. Now I only need two Very Happy but wouldn't ask if he'd sell it. I'd love to spend more time with the guy just to hear some old stories. I'm sure he has a few.
Thanks again Jonathan for setting it up.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow...

Post by xycho_wraith January 26th 2009, 7:06 am

pure insanity man

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 26th 2009, 7:28 pm

That is truly awesome. I hope by the time I turn 76 that I'll have spunk left in me. I'm sure it was really cool listening to the stories he told. And so much cooler to see the actual cars that went with the stories.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 26th 2009, 9:09 pm

No. problem. Come down anytime. Charlie gets a little upset when people start bugging him a lot about selling certain cars. He does have a few for sale.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 21st 2009, 5:59 pm

Bump for Jim
RebStew wrote:On the way there we ran into this and thought we would bring it home. The 10.5 price tag left it sitting there. clown
Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4419
We made it to Jonathans shop but he wasn't there. He went up north to grab a T frame. Well the complete roller with the drivetrain. It took him a while to get back but his dad kept us company and we got to look around at all of Jonathans goodies. Tons of pics. Dial up beware!
Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4421

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4423

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4424

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4425
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 30th 2012, 8:19 am

hey junkyard junky is this ole hot rodder still around Smile
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 30th 2012, 8:36 pm

I was just talking to Porkchop about this place when I was up at the hot rod shop the other day. That place was cool. I wouldn't mind going back.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman January 30th 2012, 8:39 pm

Is all of this stuff is in TN?........Where???????????? is any of the stuff for sale?
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 30th 2012, 8:48 pm

lol Sad to say but you have to know someone to even just get in to look. I can't really say much because it's someone's honey hole. I will say it's in southern Ky. JunkyardJunky is the guy with all the answers.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman January 30th 2012, 9:34 pm

OK....
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 31st 2012, 3:36 am

He's still around and still buying! Has a school bus with a cummins and several more diesels vehicles. Thats what he likes.

He really doesn't sell much. He's one of those guys who is going to restore them all.

Steve, you ought to see a friend of mine place. When there little over a year ago and he has a pretty nice set up inside.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 31st 2012, 4:10 am

Maybe we will run down that way this spring and hang out for a day if you are free.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas January 31st 2012, 4:25 am

I would like to think that would be cool. I'm not that far away and would like a chance to meet up with both of you. What do you think?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 31st 2012, 4:33 am

road trip Smile
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 31st 2012, 4:39 am

Sounds fine with me. I'm game for whoever wants to hang out and look for some old tin.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas January 31st 2012, 4:45 am

cheers
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 31st 2012, 5:07 am

Sounds good to me. The guy has a big shop. Works on cars and builds a few. I'd have to ask him in advance if it would be ok for us to drop by. I'll have to make a list of things you can do if you make a trip down here.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 3rd 2012, 10:33 pm

[quote="RebStew"] The cool old neon sign was still hanging.
Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4417
quote]

They went into business in 1962 or 3. They were right down town and stayed there til the mid 80's.
That is the sign they moved from the old West End Ave store. Yea, back in the day some pretty wicked iron rolled out the back of the building. for years it was the only real performance shop you could walk in and buy pretty much any go fast parts you needed.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 4th 2012, 1:26 pm

RebStew wrote:This one is for Doug Ice..
Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 DSCF4469

How about for Doug Elam. Wonder if it's still there? I sure could use a front valence if it is. Smile
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 4th 2012, 2:09 pm

Man, I don't remember this picture. It looks like our old Merc. I can tell it's a 55 though bu the hood badge. Tje back fender looks bent just like the one in our garage.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 4th 2012, 2:14 pm

[quote="Arieldouglas"]
RebStew wrote: The cool old neon sign was still hanging.
for years it was the only real performance shop you could walk in and buy pretty much any go fast parts you needed.

What about the Music City Rod Shop? Jimmy Malone raced out of that shop with his Plymouths for years. I was never there, could have been really small deal but the cars sure ran.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 4th 2012, 6:24 pm

Yea, He was there and could get you anything you wanted. Their focus was always more on the doing than the selling so they didn't keep as much in stock. TSS you could walk in and get Ford stuff off the shelf instead of just SBC stuff. cheers The Music City Shop is a yuppy restaurant now. Sad
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 4th 2012, 8:03 pm

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 Untitled

This is the old Music City Rod Shop. There was a front engine dragster in the showroom for years. And I think you're right Doug. I'm pretty sure it was Hemi powered.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas February 4th 2012, 8:09 pm

Our Trip to Nashville and then to Glasgow... - Page 2 Hunters

These guys are across the street. Kinda like Jegs.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 4th 2012, 9:06 pm

I think that was either on Jimmy Bridges' car or Tucker Parish's car.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next