{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it

+3
FalconEddie1964
Reb Stew
junkyardjeff
7 posters

Go down

Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it Empty Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it

Post by junkyardjeff September 27th 2012, 2:28 am

I have spent the last 3 years working on my 66 F250 but I am afraid I wont drive it when it snows or take it in the junkyards so I am thinking about selling it and finding a little newer 3/4 to that I will actually use,I am going to advertise it over the winter and see if I can can generate some interest and then find a nice mid to late 80s from out west that I wont be afraid to drive in bad weather and get dirty.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it Empty Re: Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it

Post by Reb Stew September 27th 2012, 5:25 am

Why are you afraid to drive it or work it? It's a truck.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it Empty Re: Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it

Post by junkyardjeff September 27th 2012, 1:28 pm

After all the work I have done to it I dont want to tear it up,I should have found one nice enough to leave alone and drive as is.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 September 27th 2012, 2:30 pm

scratch
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ September 27th 2012, 3:04 pm

I know what you mean about not wanting.to tear it up, a few years back I had a newer silverado and didn't even want to haul anything in it or even get it dirty. Then my uncle made a good point, Why have something you can't enjoy, dirt washes off and scratches dings and chips can be fixed. After that I got much more enjoyment out of that truck than I ever would have before. you've put a lot of time and work into your truck, so enjoy it. And if it gets a few dings and scratches, well, it just adds character.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 27th 2012, 10:01 pm

911TAZZ wrote: if it gets a few dings and scratches, well, it just adds character.
All my cars/trucks have a LOT of character! Laughing
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 27th 2012, 11:38 pm

I will never fix up a work truck again and will look for one that is decent enough to drive as is and not have to paint and do body work on,I am going to see if I can get any interest on it over the winter and see what I can get out of it. I do need to thin down the fleet a little so I was thinking on selling the 66 and my beater truck and getting a later model 3/4 ton and maybe have some money left over for the 55 or 37.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 September 28th 2012, 12:21 am

Huh....a truck without dents and scratches......that's a show car....I haul all kinds of junk in mine.....made 2 loads to the scrap yard last week.....they picked 2 complete V8's right out with that HUGE magnet......

Have not driven it much and thinking of selling it 2012-07-22_17-32-03_700
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 28th 2012, 12:34 am

Kind of thinking about going with a 4X4 this time,could of used one at Modoc a few times and yes I know I did have a 4x4 bronco but I cant haul motors or other big stuff in it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas September 28th 2012, 1:26 am

Gettin' kinda scary Jeff. Next thing you'll be talking about is hauling it around on a trailer. affraid lol!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas September 28th 2012, 1:30 am

On the other hand; I don't ever want to be without a 4-wheel drive again. Evil or Very Mad I'm bettin' you could trade pretty good to one.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 28th 2012, 1:32 am

Where's the pics of this beast?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 28th 2012, 1:35 am

I did not build the 66 to be perfect but I just cant drive something that old in the salt they put on the roads during the winter up here,if I can find a 87 F250 with a 351 or 460 I would be happy as those two motors have a carb.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous September 28th 2012, 2:35 am

Reb Stew wrote:Where's the pics of this beast?

cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff September 28th 2012, 4:54 am

I tried to post but pics too big.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 September 28th 2012, 4:57 am

huh...resize it.....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down