{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about going back to school

3 posters

Go down

Thinking about going back to school Empty Thinking about going back to school

Post by junkyardjeff April 21st 2011, 4:48 am

After talking to a couple younger guys that work at the parts store I am thinking about going to Sinclair and take some automotive classes,there is a way to do it so I wont have to take the other required courses and not take any tests since I will be doing it for the hands on experiences only. I am first going to start out in the automatic trans class and rebuild a few trans I have and keep a couple in stock and then go to the manual trans and driveline and eventually go to the performance engine classes,I will be doing this over the winter to keep me busy and not bored if it does not cost a fortune. They told me it was cheaper this way since I wont be getting a degree and a good way to learn some new stuff.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going back to school Empty Re: Thinking about going back to school

Post by Blue Eyed Devil April 21st 2011, 6:08 am

Yes, it's called "auditing". You are there for all the instruction, but don't get a grade or credits for the course. It's a good way to do it if you are just after the knowledge.
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Thinking about going back to school Empty Re: Thinking about going back to school

Post by LRS30 April 21st 2011, 7:30 pm

I did that for 2 years up at Northern CAmpbell for welding back in day.. Was great cause the instructor was a real gear head and let me bring in my old 69 Iron Head and build a jig and then mod the fram for my liking.. Kept in touch after the class and would bring in pieces that I needed welded that my garage machine could'nt handle.. Now that I upgraded to a better machine i don't need to pester him anymore, but still pop in every now and again, just to M F people....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 23rd 2011, 12:38 am

I will go there in late summer to see what it costs and try to talk to the instructor to see if I can bring my own trans to learn on.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down