{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about selling my '55 F100

+3
RebStew
Mr. Fabulous
RustyKarr
7 posters

Go down

Thinking about selling my '55 F100 Empty Thinking about selling my '55 F100

Post by RustyKarr April 9th 2009, 10:24 pm

Thinking about selling my Maroon '55 F100. Question

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Thinking about selling my '55 F100 Empty Re: Thinking about selling my '55 F100

Post by Mr. Fabulous April 9th 2009, 11:08 pm

I'll trade you a "Like New" beautiful dark green Fairmont four door for it. The car is a beautiful dark green similar to the famous green Bullit Mustangs. It has the "Traditional" steel wheels that can be painted the color of your choice. The custom small hub caps adorn the steel wheels and shine beautifully to set off the new white wall radial snow tires on the rear and also the new tires on the front. The aluminum bumpers out front and back can be polished to a blinding shine and the paint can be polished to a like glossy sheen. The tan simulated leather interior is plush and awaits the headliner of your choice. The dash has been slightly modified to accept about any size stereo that you can imagine. The open package shelf behind the spacious rear set will accomodate any watt speaker you could dream of. The almost single exhaust gives your neigbors a fair warning that your about to leave when it cracks to life before sun up
each day. The 302 CID motor equipped with a rare racing breed Holley 500 CFM two barrel has a new age manual choke for easy starting on cold mornings. Also for those cold mornings there is a rear window defrostor to make the vision in the rearview mirror crystal clear. This lovely vehicle is lavishly equipped and includes most of an air conditioning system. In this lovely car you would be the envy of all your peers.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 10th 2009, 12:34 am

RustyKarr wrote:Thinking about selling my Maroon '55 F100. Question
Why? You would be down a hot rod for summer fun. If you don't want two wait till the chop top is done and then sell it off.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 10th 2009, 12:36 am

Doug were you a used car salesman at one time ? Laughing
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 4:21 pm

Its nothing to do with the chop top. I'm just frustrated with it right now.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 10th 2009, 4:56 pm

RustyKarr wrote:Its nothing to do with the chop top. I'm just frustrated with it right now.
What happened? The gear didn't work?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 10th 2009, 6:03 pm

No that's not the problem he want's a chevy in it Evil or Very Mad cause over the winter he's gained a few pounds and he needs to walk for exercise Laughing If Gm's are so good why are they goind bankrupt? :king: Ford didn't have to ask for money from the taxpayers Razz
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 April 10th 2009, 6:24 pm

RebStew wrote:Why? You would be down a hot rod for summer fun.
Heck my Fairmont is as old as some of the cars in this organization and it looks like a piece of shit like everybody seems to strive for (not me personally). It should fit right in.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by vettespd29 April 10th 2009, 9:29 pm

I know the feeling I am about to trade my 49 for a home that needs work that i can fix up and rent out or sell. Or for a piece of land some place. I am tired of it already and honestly dont even like it any more. People are telling me I am stuck up and dont like anything unless its a vette, I think its because its a Ford, i am not really sure what it is.
vettespd29
vettespd29
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-03-27

https://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/vettespd93/1949%20Ford%2

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 10:32 pm

RebStew wrote:
RustyKarr wrote:Thinking about selling my Maroon '55 F100. Question
Why? You would be down a hot rod for summer fun. If you don't want two wait till the chop top is done and then sell it off.

In the new rules I would still have a car the "fits" the clubs type of vehicle. My Camaro Convertible fits it.

RebStew wrote:
RustyKarr wrote:Its nothing to do with the chop top. I'm just frustrated with it right now.
What happened? The gear didn't work?

No I didn't even touch the gear yet. The Carb I put on it is pissing me off. Which I know thats not that big of a deal.

FalconEddie1964 wrote:
RebStew wrote:Why? You would be down a hot rod for summer fun.
Heck my Fairmont is as old as some of the cars in this organization and it looks like a piece of shit like everybody seems to strive for (not me personally). It should fit right in.

I already have a club car if I sell the Effie.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 10th 2009, 11:25 pm

I thought it needs a top and thats why you don't drive it . OH i forgot thats not what this thread is about sorry!
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 11:32 pm

The top is there. The plastic back window Is gone. I know we jump around on topic in threads. Don't be such a smart (BEEP). You already started crap on the th350 thread. Maybe we need someone to govern the Srgt. of arms. Thats not professional.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 10th 2009, 11:36 pm

big dogs 42 wrote:I thought it needs a top and thats why you don't drive it . OH i forgot thats not what this thread is about sorry!

Also I can get a top put on it. I was asking about shops before for quality workmanship. I know I'm going to spend a thousand dollars where ever I go. I wasn't going for the cheap route. Plus its still drivable. I just put top down (other than the missing back plastic window) and start it up and go.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 April 11th 2009, 3:16 am

Touch e today aren't you i don't know how you can come off as im being unproffesional i stated a fact that you told me about your damm camaro!!
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2009, 5:07 am

I don't care about the club car issue. What I was refering to was the shows I hit, Road Devils stuff, Beatersville and the stuff in Indy. You said that those where the shows you wanted to hit this year. Without an older car or truck you will have to ride shotgun. That is fine with me but it's alot more fun putting your rides in the shows than riding with someone. Just a thought..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 11th 2009, 11:59 am

Those are the shows I want to hit. I've just been fired up and fickle minded that past few days.

Last edited by RustyKarr on April 12th 2009, 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 11th 2009, 2:27 pm

I might be interested in it so let me know how much you want for it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 11th 2009, 6:46 pm

junkyardjeff wrote:I might be interested in it so let me know how much you want for it.
You've seen the truck on numerous occasions. PM me an offer.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 12th 2009, 2:35 am

I have seen it plenty of times but never looked at it closely,I would have to look at the floors and cab mounts before I made a offer but I heard you paid alot more for it then what I would offer. If you are wanting to get more then 4000.00 for it I will keep a watch for a roller out west since I probably need one that does not run for what I want to do,after looking at the mopar suspension at the junkyard today that is what I would do and use the 460/C-6 in my 77 F150 beater for the drivetrain after I get the 66 done. Dont want to insult you but I want one thats very reasonable in price but do want to look it over the next time I am in the area.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 12th 2009, 5:48 am

I was looking on ebay at the 61 to 63 unibody short beds and they look great slammed, but I found a real nice 65 shortbed in Utah for 1800 if I can get some one close to check it out so I might go with a little newer truck. I like the 53 to 56s but the later years can still be had cheaper so cheaper is the direction I will go

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 12th 2009, 6:11 am

I know what they are worth and you don't know what I paid for it. So don't statr knocking it. I never put a price on it nor talked it up. Price a decent driver and look at the values of those trucks. Thats one of the most sought after trucks along with 47-55 Chevy/GMC and 67-72 Chevy/GMC. You can still find some reasonably anyways. I know this, I just bought another one a few months ago. I purchased the first one because it was a driver. In reality, I'm not going to sell the truck and I sure wouldn't sell it to you Jeff anyways.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 12th 2009, 6:12 am

Lock this thread. Its over. This wasn't in the Swap Meet section for a reason. I was just irritated with it and contemplating on selling it.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff April 12th 2009, 6:43 am

Listen here you whiney (BEEP) I was not knocking your truck but I heard you paid alot more then what I could afford offer for it (dont know if they were correct) so I an going to find something on the cheap side so I can modify it to the way I want. If you were wanting to get more then 4000 for your truck ( I want to spend about 2500 at the most) I cant go that high for what I want to do it and will need to find something cheap that I can put behind the garage and when I get the 66 done then I can work on it,after the trip to the junkyard (after I posted on here) I decided I dont want a driver and you can get more for it them what I will offer so dont take it as a put down that I want something cheap. From now on I an not going to reply to any post you make since you take everything out of context and if you do sell the truck I hope you do get what its worth.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr April 12th 2009, 6:53 am

junkyardjeff wrote:Listen here you whiney (BEEP) I was not knocking your truck but I heard you paid alot more then what I could afford offer for it (dont know if they were correct) so I an going to find something on the cheap side so I can modify it to the way I want. If you were wanting to get more then 4000 for your truck ( I want to spend about 2500 at the most) I cant go that high for what I want to do it and will need to find something cheap that I can put behind the garage and when I get the 66 done then I can work on it,after the trip to the junkyard (after I posted on here) I decided I dont want a driver and you can get more for it them what I will offer so dont take it as a put down that I want something cheap. From now on I an not going to reply to any post you make since you take everything out of context and if you do sell the truck I hope you do get what its worth.

Very Happy Your a great guy you know that? Very Happy

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 12th 2009, 5:15 pm

The post on more than a few threads have been uncalled for. Let try to get along before some type of action has to be taken by the officers to put a stop to it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down