{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

project Thumper (Malibu wagon)

+6
Arieldouglas
falconwagon62
TAHOE
Reb Stew
Marty042
911TAZZ
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

project Thumper (Malibu wagon) - Page 2 Empty Re: project Thumper (Malibu wagon)

Post by Reb Stew July 15th 2013, 6:14 am

Nice all day and then the sky opened up. It was strange.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

project Thumper (Malibu wagon) - Page 2 Empty Re: project Thumper (Malibu wagon)

Post by Reb Stew November 18th 2013, 4:05 pm

Been working on the Wagoooon lately?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ November 18th 2013, 11:25 pm

Not as much as I'd like. Been working 6 days a week and working on the house in my free time. Put in a new door, closed of another door and a window. Tore oFf the back porch.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 14th 2014, 3:25 am

Mocked up the new exhaust and cut outs on the wagon, then sent out some of the parts to get welded, that will be done tomorrow. Pulled fan and shroud off, going to put on an electric fan. All new pulleys put on, new power steering pump on, new alternator on, and carb back on. Plus uncle gave me a set of old school spider mags! A few odds and ends and we should be good to go. Next to change out the shifter, mock up the scoop for the hood, off comes the roof track, and start on sanding it down, some body work, and paint.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 14th 2014, 4:46 pm

What kind of hood scoop you putting on?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 14th 2014, 5:49 pm

Was thinking of grafting on the cowl from my fiberglass hood that got ran over. Itmight be more trouble than it's worth. If so I might go a different route.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman April 14th 2014, 7:08 pm

What year is your wagon?
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 14th 2014, 9:23 pm

oldman wrote:What year is your wagon?
It's 1983 Malibu!
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman April 14th 2014, 9:44 pm

I've got one too, I like the long roofs.Always have... mines geared high need to change rearend out for something a little lower an that will fit right in.
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ April 15th 2014, 2:30 am

oldman wrote:I've got one too, I like the long roofs.Always have... mines geared high need to change rearend out for something a little lower an that will fit right in.
Same here, i love the long roofs also. I put a posi unit out of an s10 in my rear emd housing. Now it's running a 3 73  gear. The only thing is the axles are a hair longer in the s10.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE April 15th 2014, 4:38 pm

I saw one for sale on CL recently, first thought it was yours LOL.
I love the 78-83 malibus, wagons too. Something about the front end and their boxy style.
My neigbors have 2-79 drag cars, his and hers  cheers 

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ July 18th 2014, 5:30 am

Well finally some progress on the wagon. Cut outs and exhaust finally squared away it's not perfect but it's as close as it's gonna get. Got the battery to hold a charge long enough to get it started. She's a grumpy girl, running a little rough but nothing a little tuning on the carb and a round with a timing light won't take care of. Now to find an electric fan, get a new battery, and she'll be ready to take a short cruise to see if she needs anything else sorted out. Getting the cowl ready to graft onto my hood and thinking about putting a floor shifter in. ,
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 18th 2014, 7:54 am

Will it be ready by August 9th?
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 July 18th 2014, 2:22 pm

Looked good yesterday when me and Chris was down.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook July 18th 2014, 3:31 pm

That is great! Very happy she is oh so close to cruising time! cheers 

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ July 24th 2014, 2:44 am

I'm hoping it will be ready by the 9th Reb! If I can get a fan and get some miles on her. Thanks Marty after you left I started on The exhaust. It turned out pretty good, and she sounds sweet. working on putting in the floor shifter this week. You know how it is with something that should be straight forward, thats right nothing is that easy!
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 July 24th 2014, 5:12 am

Chris has a double electric fan for you. he has to test it first with a battery. His uncle had 2 singles and 1 double. so he'll hook you up.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook July 24th 2014, 5:19 am

Marty042 wrote:Chris has a double electric fan for you. he has to test it first with a battery. His uncle had 2 singles and 1 double. so he'll hook you up.

Marty, tell Chris I owe him a BIG one if you would. I thought I still had my spare dual fan setup and was going to give it to Ron but alas I think I gave it to the fella that bought my '84 'vette. Been feeling like an idiot and trying to locate one for him ever since I realized I not longer had it.  pale 

Sincerely,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 July 24th 2014, 5:53 am

Nanook wrote:
Marty042 wrote:Chris has a double electric fan for you. he has to test it first with a battery. His uncle had 2 singles and 1 double. so he'll hook you up.

Marty, tell Chris I owe him a BIG one if you would.  I thought I still had my spare dual fan setup and was going to give it to Ron but alas I think I gave it to the fella that bought my '84 'vette.  Been feeling like an idiot and trying to locate one for him ever since I realized I not longer had it.   pale   

Sincerely,

Lee

We'll do!
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ July 24th 2014, 8:20 pm

Lee, Marty, Chris.you guys are all A1 in my book. Thanks. I can't wait to get back to cruising the wagon instead of the daily.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook July 24th 2014, 9:46 pm

911TAZZ wrote:Lee, Marty, Chris.you guys are all A1 in my book. Thanks. I can't wait to get back to cruising the wagon instead of the daily.

No doubt there Chris and Marty are good peeps...me? I bumbled this one a bit but thanks for the kind words. It will be cool to know you are back behind the wheel of the wagon soon! cheers 

later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ August 5th 2014, 6:09 am

Dang it! This car is fighting me at every step. Fuel filter is cracked and spitting gas all over the engine. New fuel filter tomorrow. And then back onto  some body work. I'm really slow and not very good at it! But at least I'm trying, right?
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew August 5th 2014, 3:13 pm

That's all we can do is try. It will get done.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook August 5th 2014, 7:09 pm

Keep at it! When it's all said and done it will be worth the struggle. Looking forward to seeing it back on the road soon! cheers 

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 August 6th 2014, 4:12 am

Picking the fan up from Chris for you this week sometime.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next