{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers CC HA/GR project

+2
1/2done
RebStew
6 posters

Go down

Scroungers CC HA/GR project Empty Scroungers CC HA/GR project

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:13 pm

Thought I'd post some pics of the club rail. we come up with the idea to build it in late
2006. first week in December we had our first part. it has been a build that I don't think
any of us will ever forget. there has been some conflict with some things as could be
expected when you have this many guys working on one car but it has not been anything
that we haven't been able to work through.

for the ones that don't understand what the HA/GR car is ,it is a HAMB/Gas Rail it is being
built like they would have done it in the 50's. no fancy mail order stuff. all hand built and or
handed down parts. no modern crap. all vintage parts

to any members and or new members that have not worked on the rail. this is a project
that the club is doing for the fun of it. if you want to help out by turning a wrench, cleaning,
sanding, donation of parts, or just adding your 2 cents about how, what or why something
should be done feel free to do so. if you have no interest in the rail don't worry about it.
I know it's not everyone cup of tea

The rail will be ran at HAMB funtions as well as some of the local drag strips in our area. should
be a fun club activity for some of us to do on the weekends. may also get some of us back
out on the drag strip where we belong.

I want to thank everyone that has helped out and if anyone is interested in working on it PM
me for more info

Last edited by on January 19th 2008, 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scroungers CC HA/GR project Empty Re: Scroungers CC HA/GR project

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:14 pm

our first part. thanks to our long lost brother,
Spoons for the front end and with finding the
engine that we put in it.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04682
by January we had a our blue prints for the
build thanks to Jim Leis.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project 227697692
then we came across the engine .
flattie w/ offy intake and head, dual point and more
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04792-1
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04797
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04799
here is what our frame looked like before it was
weld together.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04848
mock up
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04843-1
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04824-1
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04828-1
measure 18 times and cut once.
that still didn't work for us some times lol
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04849
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04851-1
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04862
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04852-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:16 pm

Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04864
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04861

one week Jim Leis suprised us with a set of rims and tires. he also brought along the stuff to
hang the front end. it sat a little high so we underslung the perch mount.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04874
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04878
some of our friends from Carter Counter Cruisers CC show up to check out the rail one night
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04876
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04910
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04911
here we are test fitting the seat
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04919
the two Jim's Mr. Leis and Mr. Brinkley
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04916
Jim Brinkley more than likely looking for his welding helmet. Jim is an A~1 welder and has
been a huge asset to the build. he is a true hot rodder and has more than likely forgot more
stuff than most of us will ever know.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04917
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04920
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:16 pm

first glance at the quick change rearend
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04923
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04929
more measuring
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04930
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04931
Jim had these pipes bent up and then welded them to the flanges. ZOOMIES COOL!!
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04959
this was our first cowl but after alot of talk, checking into it more and asking outside
sources for their input it was trashed in favor of something more safe. a full cage.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04961
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04962
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04964
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04968
Tim has put in a lot of hours on the rail too he almost got a speeding ticket on his first
drive in the garage.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project DSC04966-1
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:17 pm

the rail was moved in June of 07 to give Glenn his garage space back and to give us more
room to work. it was moved to Jim Leis place where it has enough room for the car to sit
sideways in the garage and 10 people can still walk around it without bumping each other.
parts from the quick change getting redone
Scroungers CC HA/GR project 100_0363
radiator being mounted
Scroungers CC HA/GR project 100_0364
Scroungers CC HA/GR project 100_0365
here is a good pic of the cage. a big thanks goes out to Bill Tate(1/2 Done) for bending it
and for his expert knowledge of stuff like this. it will make for a fun and SAFE car. I don't
think Bill likes it when I brag on him but if you have never seen his tin bending
skills you are missing out.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project 100_0367
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 12th 2007, 7:18 pm

so as of July 13th this is where we are. more pics will come with more work
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by 1/2done October 13th 2007, 2:00 pm

rebstew wrote:so as of July 13th this is where we are. more pics will come with more work
Unfortunately we know how this movie ends. Rolling Eyes
1/2done
1/2done
Mechanic

Number of posts : 282

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 December 20th 2007, 10:11 pm

What happened to this project?
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 20th 2007, 10:46 pm

That's a can of worms that you don't want to open!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 20th 2007, 10:51 pm

fuel10922 wrote:What happened to this project?
Long story short. one of the old members that left the club is holding it and will not release it. We are in the middle of talks now trying to get what is left of it back to the club. it may end up going to court looks like. there will be more on this later. I'm just waiting till after the holidays to have papers served. I don't want to ruin anyones Christmas even if they are in the wrong. bad thing is I ask them to return it without their stuff because that was the issue. They thought what they put into it was too much money after they left the club. Even though it was suppose to be built with all donated parts staying with the club if they left. Now they will not even release the frame. If it goes to court they may have to loose their stuff they had invested in it or pay to have it replaced if it is gone. It's a shame all this ended up like this. I don't think they want anything to do with the rail, they just want to keep trouble going. it would make more sence just to turn it over and be done with it but it isn't looking good so far without strong arming them in a court room.

Last edited by RebStew on October 20th 2008, 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 December 21st 2007, 6:50 pm

That is sad! It looks like a very cool project. I hope who ever has it will return it to the club.
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Scroungers CC HA/GR project Empty Sorry to everyone that helped on the HA/GR.

Post by RebStew January 19th 2008, 1:15 am

I guess this is the ending post for this project as well as to some people I called friends at one time. Former officers that are no longer with us were the downfall to this project. Everything put into the rail was suppose to be a donation. Glenn stepped down from president and not long after that he took the engine, trans and rearend that he donated. The new president, Jim Leis give the go ahead for him to take the stuff even though I said he shouldn't. The rail was also moved to Jim's garage where I replaced the missing rearend with a posi 411 rearend. I told them I would donate a late model drivetrain to get the rail running so we could hit the track this summer. They didn't want any part of that. Some work was done on the rail and then the treasurer Tim Ebben and Jim Leis the president started pulling away from the club. There is a lot more to it but needless to say it didn't turn out good. With new members coming in they wanted to close the books and limit the number of members we have. This did not go over good with most of the club. They tried to turn this around on us saying we were trying to make two clubs. This was not and will never be the case. After months and months of trying to work stuff out with Jim it was voted to boot the two former officers. Mainly because they were not active and they seemed not to want to be active with the club anymore. I went out of my way over and over trying to work this out with Jim. Their thoughts were that the Kentucky Chapter would break off from the Ohio guys and the Ohio guys would start their own club with a different name. The words that was use was an elite, strict traditional, low numbers club. In the end it backfired on them, Jim and Tim was left out in the cold. Everyone in the Ohio chapter stayed with the club other than Jim and Tim. Alot of people will say well what about Bill Tate? What some people don't know is that Bill was fed up with all the politics that the club use to have. He talked to me about it several times. A few weeks before Jim was voted out Bill told me he quit the club. He said he was done and he would not renew his dues. Back to the rail. With Jim now having the rail and not being part of the club I called him and told him we needed to make plans for some of the guys to come and get it. He said that was fine but he wanted his stuff off it that he donated. I told him to get his stuff off then call me. He called me a few days later and told me he wanted a court order before we could get it???? After trying to reach him by phone I emailed him. He said Glenn wanted it and Glenn and I had to work it out. I called Glenn but everyone that knows Glenn knows how this turned out. He wanted $750.00 for sheetmetal, electric and pops that were used or drank while we worked at his garage. This was really funny to me. I ask him how he figured the rail was his when he had quit the club months before and moved two states away. Trying to talk to weak minded people is not one of my better points. Pretty soon he was screaming at the top of his lung while he was in a public place. lol..I thought I was going to get to hear the cops putting him in a rubber room before long. I didn't speak to Glenn anymore about it but told Jim that If I had to take him to court then I would. I have never sued anyone and if you know me you know I like to take care of stuff myself. I still liked Jim Leis and it was Christmas time. I email Jim and told him that I hoped he would have a Merry Christmas and I would wait till after the holidays to have the police serve papers for him in small claims court. I even told him I would have them sent to his shop so it wouldn't upset his wife when they came to the door. A few weeks ago I emailed Jim again to hopefully nip this in the butt and prevent us from going to court. he replied and let me know that he had given the rail to Glenn. He also gave my rims, tires and posi rearend to him. To say I'm unhappy about this is an understatement. Why he chose to do this is beyond me. I don't think I would have any problems taking this to court and getting our stuff back but I've talk to some of the guys in the club and they feel it's not worth it. These 3 guys Tim, Jim and Glenn were the worse thing this club has ever seen. Jim was not the man I thought he was. Even the 235 that John Bailey donated was lost as well as money I gave Jim for machine work that was done. Tim being the treasurer walked off with club money. Glenn did and continues to cause trouble for the club even though he live 2 states away. Calling people and getting stuff stirred up and even telling me people called him to say they quit when they didn't. Why are these people like this? Who knows. Not enough love when they were kids? Hard to say. One thing is for sure. Since they have been gone the club politics have stopped! No more crap like there use to be. No secret chat rooms for officers to talk about members. No more BS of any kind. The club funds are in order as well as all the officers doing their jobs when they are suppose to and not letting one person do everything. I was voted in as president after Jim was voted out and I just wanted to leave you with these last words. This was a huge learning experience for me. As long as I'm active within the club there will be no crybaby, two faced, political BS, crap like went on before. Club property is club property. Zero tolerance for people or crap that went on before and no more talk of courtrooms. Crap like went on before will be handle man to man like it use to be.
RIP HA/GR and the former officers

Last edited by RebStew on October 20th 2008, 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 19th 2008, 1:39 am

R.I.P.

MAN I sure will miss em. Razz
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 19th 2008, 2:32 am

It's sad to see how it all went down hill, but look at where we are today! The rail was neat to see it come together. Our Falcon can be just the same. It seems like we need a few more people to get involved including myself. I can honestly say that the Scrounger's Car Club is well worth investing my time and energy into. I love you
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 January 19th 2008, 5:36 pm

Truly sad! I guess this is one of those learning experiences. A hard one for sure.
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 19th 2008, 7:40 pm

Almost every important lesson you learn costs something one way or another. I guess the tuition for this one was a reareand. It's a real shame you didn't at least get your shit back. That's sorta dirty pool. One can get his donations back and another can't.

Oh yeah, I noticed that you must have made a mistake on the post because the font went red towards the end. I didn't know if you noticed that. (LOL)
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 19th 2008, 7:57 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Almost every important lesson you learn costs something one way or another. I guess the tuition for this one was a reareand. It's a real shame you didn't at least get your shit back. That's sorta dirty pool. One can get his donations back and another can't.

(LOL)
it's funny how things work . the rail was taken out of Jims garage a few weeks ago. yesterday I posted this and today I have my rearend. Amy left for a few hour and just now came back. she ask what that stuff was doing on the porch. I never heard anything and the kids sitting in the living room never seen or heard anyone on the porch. someone dropped this stuff off and hi tailed it. at least I have my posi and rims back.
Scroungers CC HA/GR project Picture1104
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 19th 2008, 8:01 pm

Cool!! Seems funny that who ever it was couldn't show their face. That's kind of gutless, but at least you got your stuff.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs January 19th 2008, 9:12 pm

yeah next time they outta just put in through the door, could have at least open the gate, knocked on the door or something.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down