{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess you are stuck with me.

+14
6-71Kid
John B
falconwagon62
Cratethis
junkyard junky
dieseldr
Lady rebel
Chris55
Marty042
extenzegrl
Nanook
Roller Coaster
Arieldouglas
Reb Stew
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 Empty Re: I guess you are stuck with me.

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:23 am

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 05110
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 05410
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 Empty Re: I guess you are stuck with me.

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:27 am

This is one load. one and half tons put the axle on the frame. It was a fun ride out there like this. I felt like i was in a gasser. Very Happy

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 02710
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:36 am

Here is the rough part for me. I'm looking at the better part of a week on a big track loader to cut the highest part of the hill off. On the left side closest to me is about 12+ feet high. It's taller than the garage.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 05811

It tapers off to the right.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 06011

The property line is about 300 feet back up on that hill. At that point it's about 25 to 30 feet high from the flat ground where I took the picture.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 06111
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:40 am

I'm going to cut that whole top part off so it's level with the house and garages that are there now. I'm going to slope the hill really steep. Start at the top and push the dirt down to make a rolling hill but it will be to steep to get up on it with anything that don't have tracks.

With that cut off I should be able to build one wicked BIG garage and still have plenty of flat yard.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 16th 2013, 2:45 am

Dig it!!!
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 16th 2013, 2:46 am

If I tried to cut that much hill off here there would be explosives involved! Twisted Evil
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:54 am

Arieldouglas wrote:If I tried to cut that much hill off here there would be explosives involved! Twisted Evil
All that land that has been built on has been cut at one time or another in the last 28 years. It is a hi hill in the front and deeper drop to the rear where it flattens out into a decent size field before stopping at the rivers edge. We have been really luck so far and not run into rock. If all goes well it will be flat in that spot. If I run into rock I'll dig as far as I can and level it out.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 2:59 am

It's not beyond me to hit some spot with TNT. It's just so hard to get anything to make it anymore. I set off a few blasting caps last year. Man it was loud. You could hear it echo all the way down through the valley.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 16th 2013, 3:19 am

Looking good! Can't wait to see all the changes.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 3:28 am

The garage in the back still has all the big tools, tool boxes plus the fridge in it. The barn was full but cluttered. We pulled most of it out and redid it. There should be enough room to squeeze everything from here into there now. I hope....
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 16th 2013, 3:29 am

How close are you to putting your house on the market?
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 3:24 pm

We are shooting for May 1st. We will see how that goes. Even with it on the market it will be hard to sell. There is a house or two on every block with a for sale sign in the yard. All I can do is pray it will sell.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 16th 2013, 3:41 pm

For sure!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 4:15 pm

This should be a good spot for everyone to get together or if one of you want some alone time.
Here's the road going to the river. You will have to walk it. If you have a 4x4 truck you can make it down. I'll have to do some work with the Bobcat before we can get cars back down it again. At one times you could take a low rider down it. Time has been rough on the road.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 40238110

It opens up into a flat and ends at the river. Plenty of room for the kids to play. Fishing is okay. Plenty of Carp, Cat...

Sooner or later I'm going to dig out a pond just outside of where this picture is and build a fishing shack.

It bugs me to see the grass this tall. This has never been that thick since we first got the place 28 years ago. After moving away 12 years ago it was left up to my father. He just can't take care of the place anymore. I went out to help out from time to time but without being there full time this place gets out of hand quick.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 21541311
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 4:19 pm

I can't spend all my time working out there so I had to jump in the car and pop some wheelies. It's a way to break up the work day.

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 48658310

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 March 16th 2013, 5:39 pm

I see a couple quads in your future maybe a dirt bike! Very Happy
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 5:52 pm

Marty042 wrote: I see a couple quads in your future maybe a dirt bike! Very Happy
Twisted Evil
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 16th 2013, 7:13 pm

Very cool! Love the 'wheelies' pic! Razz

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by John B March 16th 2013, 7:14 pm

Wish I could live in a more secluded spot.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 16th 2013, 9:02 pm

John I don't know how you could be more secluded unless you dug out a mass bunker and never came out. I like it down where you are at. Problem I have is I needed a place that was easy to get to off the highway. Hoping to open a garage and drum up some work. This is a killer spot for that.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid March 19th 2013, 10:56 pm

Man that looks awesome. Congratulations
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 28th 2013, 1:55 am

Well wish me luck. It's been months of getting to just this point. We had to get a place for mom and dad to live. It's been in the works for months but tomorrow we are suppose to sign for their house in Wilder, Ky. I'm not sure why they call it a short sale because it's anything but a short time to get it done.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 March 28th 2013, 1:57 am

Good Luck!!! And Congrats!!!
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 28th 2013, 2:16 am

It's been crazy around here and it's getting ready to be worse. I'm hoping by Monday I'll be working on mom and dad's new place.

Amy works nights and sleeps till 2 or 3. I can get up 6 a.m. work on the house in Wilder and then hit the house in Newport around 3 p.m. to work here.

Amy and the kids have been helping out too. This morning I stained some Wainscoting. Got that done and went to pick up a ton of decorative rock for the yard in Newport. I'm making a nice sitting area in the back with a little flower garden. Had to stop in the middle of that to go to Alexadria to pick dad up from dialysis. Dropped him off and talked to mom a few minutes. I got back home and little Aryan, 81 pounds unloaded more than half the load of rock and hauled it all to the back yard in the wheel barrel. He had the fallen rocks swept up off the street and the truck cleaned out. pale

I was shocked but greatful. I tinkered with a few small things before taking a 15 minute old man nap. Got up and clear coated the wood I stained this morning. While I was doing that Sami started painting on one of the bedroom walls.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 2 03510

It's getting late but the kids and I are headed to the property to take a truck load of stuff out. Then back here to work get a few things boxed in the garage. This has been a slow day. affraid

It will take a few months for all this to settle down and after that I'm going to take a rest for a month and not do anything! Yea right. Then it's time to work the property Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 52 Ford F1 March 28th 2013, 2:22 am

Man, I don't know how you do it.... I am getting exhausted just reading it.
Good luck with everything.

52 Ford F1
Scrounger

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next