{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

+10
Brownie
Chris55
junkyard junky
John B
Mr. Fabulous
FalconEddie1964
RebStew
oldman
Arieldouglas
Lady rebel
14 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

Post by oldman March 4th 2012, 3:26 pm

No man, Wink everyone needs a little snow in there lifes!Laughing
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Empty Nothing

Post by oldman March 12th 2012, 2:42 pm

There's not much going on here today was going out to mess with my 46 dodge pu. but it's going to rain an I 'd like to get something done on it , but I don't want to get wet .I'm going to try and put a S10 seat in it I have some small boat seats in it now and It just don't fill right but I got to crawl under it . I don't like water running down in my ears so here I sat.. could go to the garage and clean a little I 'll set an think about it lol! need to do something I'll be glad Very Happy when it get's nice outside.
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Empty Re: Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter

Post by Arieldouglas March 12th 2012, 2:45 pm

Supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny tomorrow. cheers
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman March 12th 2012, 3:12 pm

Maybe, you never know.....
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 12th 2012, 5:32 pm

I woke up really early and went to the garage. Bad idea. About an hour in I crashed and just could not stay awake. I'm now fighting to not go back to bed 'cause I'll be up all night.Sleep I hate being run down. It just takes the llife out of me.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Empty Low on Bucks

Post by Arieldouglas March 31st 2012, 5:10 am

Short on cash a couple of weeks ago so I did what I do when i can't afford to do anything else. I cleaned up. lol!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 31st 2012, 5:10 am

[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Img_0213[/img]
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ March 31st 2012, 12:29 pm

Wow, that is clean and an nice big area to work on your car as well.
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 31st 2012, 4:24 pm

Yea, it's pretty nice when my son-in-law doesn't have something crammed in there too. It is nice to have someone to work with though. We can give each other hand when we need it.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 31st 2012, 4:55 pm

That's always a plus.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 31st 2012, 6:59 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:It is nice to have someone to work with though. We can give each other hand when we need it.

i know i try to get the wife to come down to the garage to talk but she complains that it smells... once she leaves i dont smell a damn thing..............

:bounce:
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman March 31st 2012, 8:59 pm

Man I would get lost in there mine is about as big as the pic. lol!
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 31st 2012, 11:16 pm

JRiggs wrote:
Arieldouglas wrote:It is nice to have someone to work with though. We can give each other hand when we need it.

i know i try to get the wife to come down to the garage to talk but she complains that it smells... once she leaves i dont smell a damn thing..............

bounce
I can't believe you said that.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 1st 2012, 5:22 am

oldman wrote:Man I would get lost in there mine is about as big as the pic. lol!

Don't you know the universal law of garage capacity? "The smallest available amount of junk will expand at an unlimited rate to fill any sized garage to maximum capacity." lol!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Empty In Oldman's backyard

Post by Arieldouglas April 19th 2012, 4:36 am

I had to go to Crossville today to look at a job. I thought I would run up to Grimsley and see if an old yard I remembered was still there. Its not far from Clarkrange where Oldman lives. I wish I had his number with me, I would of given him a call while I was there. Took a couple of pics while I was there. He had 1 '56 and 3 or 4 '55 Mercs. He's one of those old guys that won't hardly give you the time of day at first and that's the way he was with me at first. Just said if he had a gravel shield it wouldn't be any better than mine (he was right). So I just sat down and started shootin' the shat & slingin' camel turds with him. After about 20 minutes he says "Why don't we walk back there and see how bad they are?" He has soooo much stuff in there. We kept talking while we walked. He's telling me how they tried to shut him down when Ladybird Johnson started her beutification of America program. That was like 1967? And didn't leave him alone till Reagan "cut out all that crap". Told me now the crushers are after him. They have offered him as much as $14.50 per hundred. But he told me he hasn't crushed anything in 45 years and there is too much history there to crush it now. He's really a cool guy if you sit down and take the time to talk. While I was taking these pics another guy stopped and asked me if they sold anything. I told him it was all for sale for parts. He asked if the old guy knew what he has. I told him I was pretty sure he knew where and what every car in there is. He walked straight to the Mercs. But he would probably need to spend some time talking to him to find out. Said he was from Arkansas and didn't have time for all that. He'll never know what he missed. I spent about an hour there but I could have spent the whole afternoon under that big ole tree talking to Mr. Lane.
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Img_0318[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Img_0319[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Img_0320[/img]
[img]Chit Chat Specific To Tennessee Chapter - Page 3 Img_0321[/img]
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 19th 2012, 4:38 am

Those woods are full of cars. Ibet there is even a Granada or two in there. 'Bout the newest thing I saw was mid 80's.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 19th 2012, 4:41 am

thanks for sharing. Smile
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 19th 2012, 7:05 am

Way to go. He wouldn't answer the door for me. Very Happy
I'm pretty sure that's the same yard I was trying to get into a few years back on one of my back road runs where I was trying to get lost.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 19th 2012, 7:14 am

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 19th 2012, 12:27 pm

That is the one. Man you had to be lost! Razz Very Happy
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman April 19th 2012, 3:13 pm

Hes a great old guy, you have to sat and talk awhile with him .I hate to think about what will happen to the old iron when he is gone it will be a sad today Sad Hes about 5 miles from the house.Arielddouglas you should have told me you were in my neck of the woods, I'd like to meet you and talk old cars!!!Know one around here really,to talk cars too all my old friends that like them like I do are gone.Did he have what you need??
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 19th 2012, 4:58 pm

Not a gravel pan but he had some trunk lids. Mine has some rust around the hinges that I can fix but if his are good and the price is right........
It was pretty much a last minute trip. The boss sent me to Crossville to look at a job. It didn't take as long as I thought so I thought I'd run up and see if the yard was still there. Didn't have your number but I kept looking for a yard with a '55 Merc sitting in it.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 19th 2012, 5:26 pm

Next time you are in his neck of the woods Doug you need to stop in. I think Oldman would be a good member for the club but he's worried we are a bunch of rednecks I think. lol Laughing
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman April 19th 2012, 6:46 pm

Mines a 54 Arieldouglas,names Alan but they call me AJ around here... Long store,I'm off the road a little on 62 going toward Monterey turn on ashburn go round the curve take a left on craig rd.I'm the 4th place on the right not much to look at but its ours, just look for CARS Laughing
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 19th 2012, 8:44 pm

Just call me Doug. My momma still calls me Arieldouglas when she's mad at me. I went right by there. I took 62 back to Monterey and caught I-40 there.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next