{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by Hellvis April 23rd 2010, 3:30 am

sweet
Hellvis
Hellvis
Grease monkey

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by magicman_1968 April 23rd 2010, 3:42 am

I like it man cheers .....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis April 23rd 2010, 3:59 am

Looks good!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark April 23rd 2010, 4:35 am

Looking good Steve. Gotta agree with Ronnie, Two fours looks good.
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 23rd 2010, 1:40 pm

I ordered my Hilborn scoop last night and started putting the power steering back on it. I would have had it done but I lacked the adjuster bolt and was in Cold Springs working on it. I got spoiled with Sears being so close to me. If I needed a bolt I would just run up there. Should have the power steering done today. It will be the first time in over 5 years that it's had power steering.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod April 23rd 2010, 6:53 pm

sweet..............you need to take me for a ride and we will try to keep my four head off the windshield .this time...lol
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 23rd 2010, 6:55 pm

chev_hotrod wrote:sweet..............you need to take me for a ride and we will try to keep my four head off the windshield .this time...lol
LOL Hopefully driving full force into the back end of trucks are a thing of the past.. drunken . I hope... Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 23rd 2010, 7:00 pm

my personal opinion is that it sounded so much better before, but it differently looks better now.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 23rd 2010, 7:05 pm

It doesn't sound any different. I just had the idle up on it when I pulled it in front of the house that day. I set the idle back down now. You can hear the lope of the cam again. Twisted Evil
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 23rd 2010, 7:07 pm

I do think the sound of the 355 sounded better than the 454 though. That small block was a runner.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod April 23rd 2010, 10:44 pm

RebStew wrote:
chev_hotrod wrote:sweet..............you need to take me for a ride and we will try to keep my four head off the windshield .this time...lol
LOL Hopefully driving full force into the back end of trucks are a thing of the past.. drunken . I hope... Very Happy
i hope them days are past . i still get headaches when i think about it ....lol
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 24th 2010, 4:21 am

I got my Hilborn Scoop today. Got to love Summit Racing. I ordered it regular ground shipping yesterday and it was on the porch today. That is service!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis April 24th 2010, 5:26 am

RebStew wrote:I got my Hilborn Scoop today. Got to love Summit Racing. I ordered it regular ground shipping yesterday and it was on the porch today. That is service!

I really like them. I ordered something a few years ago. I was going to pay a little more for the quicker 2 day shipping. The lady from Summit asked me to wait a min while she checked my zip code. After checking she said, save your money, do regular shipping... it will get there just as quick.
It's pretty cool for a company to take a moment and do something to save you some cash when they don't have to.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 April 25th 2010, 12:29 am

RebStew wrote:I got my Hilborn Scoop today. Got to love Summit Racing. I ordered it regular ground shipping yesterday and it was on the porch today. That is service!
you get it on there yet.....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 25th 2010, 3:25 am

magicman_1968 wrote:
you get it on there yet.....
Yeap. Looks alot better than those small breathers did to me.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 003-5
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 018-2
Got the scoop on, made a hard line with a T for my PCV valve but after waisting an hour I don't like it so I need to buy another stick of 3/8 line and start over.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 008-4
Got the power steering on but the belt was too small so I need to get a belt. It started raining cat and dog and I closed the garage door about half way only to yank off a line and bash my head into the metal trim on the garage door drunken . I called it a night after that. bom
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 25th 2010, 3:40 am

Look a little different through the windshield.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 058
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 012-4
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 April 25th 2010, 5:15 am

Looks killer man Twisted Evil ...i dig it cheers
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 29th 2010, 4:14 am

It took long enough but I got the right belt for my power steering. Got her all hooked up, filled it up and jumped in to see what it felt like. It's been a long time without power steering. If anyone would have seen me they may have thought I went a little goofy. I had a big grin. To turn the front end with my pinky finger is something! Time to ditch the 3 1/2's and put some 60 series tires back on the front...
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 29th 2010, 4:18 am

I need some help when I get the car back here to the house. I have a vacuum leak and I can't find it. I think it's coming from the power brakes but I'm not sure. I redid everything rubber other than the booster stuff. It has the vacuum canister on it because of the cam and it has alot of line running around it. The one way valve is in place and it shouldn't be bleeding off but when I turn the car off you can hear something leaking. It stop in like 5 seconds. Just enough time for me to jump out and try to see where it's coming from it stops. So if someone cam stand up front while I start and stop the engine they may be able to find it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs April 29th 2010, 4:28 am

when you bringing it back home, i can try and help...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 29th 2010, 4:30 am

After the weekend. I have the back glass out of it right now.

Last edited by RebStew on May 4th 2010, 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson April 29th 2010, 5:11 am

the booster should hold a vaccum when shut off take valve off u should hear it suck when u pull it off if no vaccum in booster then u got a bad one
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 29th 2010, 5:46 am

I don't think it's the booster itself. If you see the mess of 3/8 lines because of the way I had to run the canister you would understand. I agree if I pull the valve it would tell me for sure if it was in that area though. I'm pretty sure it's coming from one of the lines or the canister itself. There is really nothing else it could be. Only other big line is for my PCV and it's not coming from there. Not a real big deal just a small gremlin I found. Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 8 Icon_smile
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson April 29th 2010, 5:54 am

pench the lie or a spray around carbs to it l rev higher if the spray hits a leak while running
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ April 30th 2010, 5:32 am

I just spent an hr reading every post from start to finish on this thread. You've definitely came a long way on this project. I owned one just like this, before my Dad took it out for a spin and totaled it. He wrapped it around a telephone pole and was in the hospital for two weeks. I didn't have the heart to tell him, he needs to learn how to drive. I ended up replacing it with the same model, being it was only 3 months old when that happened.

Anyway, I liked the pics as you were rebuilding, and your dedication and drive when your back was killing you along with Members from Scroungers helping you get over the bump. This Club is definitely something to look forward to. My hats off to all that helped with this project!
SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next