{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew July 10th 2009, 4:27 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 014-2
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 015-4
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 017-2
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew July 10th 2009, 4:44 pm

This was worse than I thought. It was more of a factory flaw than anything. Everyone knows these F bodies rot in this spot. They are double panels and have a non primed or painted peice of metal with a 80 or 90 thousands of a gap between them. The moisture gets trapped and they rust from the inside out. A simple small hole in the bottom from the factory would have solved this problem.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 018-3
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 019-4
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 10th 2009, 5:00 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 022-3
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 023-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 10th 2009, 5:09 pm

The air and heater has been gone from the car for almost 20 years. The wipers were taken off 15 years ago. why? Why not? I don't drive it in the winter. It's not driven that much in the rain(slicks) and if I do toss street tires on it I can use RainX in the rain. So why all the hole in the car? I've wanted to weld up the vents and the wiper hole for a long time but didn't feel like yanking the windshield out. This is the perfect time to do it. All it is is a place for water to go and cause rust.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 024-4
That red is a Ford truck door skin I got off of Big Dog. I know that it being a Ford panel I may have to replace it soon from the rust but it will have to do for now.LOL Don't beat me up Dog J/K. LOL...
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 025-3
This will be the fun one to shape.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 027-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 10th 2009, 5:13 pm

Thanks to Johnny Stamper I came across a parts car. This was a complete car minus the engine and trans. We stripped it to the bones. There were alot of good parts on it. I have everything to put my car together but finding it in all the boxed up parts is costly on time.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 028-2
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 029-2
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 030-1
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 034-1
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 033-1

Last edited by RebStew on May 2nd 2011, 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis July 10th 2009, 6:40 pm

You should also be set with sets of wheels! lol!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith July 10th 2009, 7:31 pm

i had the same prob with my dash b4 i fixed it
bought a carped dash cover out of site out of mind lol

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2009, 6:46 am

Joey got me started again. He busted his rearend and has his Nova almost ready for the track. I'm going to try to get the bird up there on the 18th but that's if my back holds out. Before I got hurt I could have done it with ease but I can tell from just the last few day I'm over doing it.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 016-4
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 019-5
Yesterday I finished the metal work on the cowl and dash. Late last night I shot some semi flat black over all of it. It was pretty late when I did it. Some of the guys showed up and hung out. I still have Johnny's finger prints on my fresh cowl paint to prove it. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2009, 6:53 am

Very, very late last night I went to the other garage and ripped off the front end of the 36. Woke up this morning and Corey and I stole the engine from the 36 Sad
I was hoping to come across a small block that was running and just juice a stocker on the 18th. I was wanting to bump the juice up after each run untill she blew. But the small block idea was taking to long so out come the 454.
While I was recooping from yanking on the 454 I cleaned up the windshield and the cars frame and layed the windshield back in it's resting spot. The only rubber left on the car was the frame mounts so they were yanked and solid mounts were put in place.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 027-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2009, 6:56 am

What do you do when you don't have a yoke and tranny fluid is coming out? You tape on a cup! Laughing
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 030-2

I was hoping the engine would slide through with the header on. Yeah right! Shocked

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 032-3
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 033-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2009, 7:00 am

Riggs, Corey, Sami, Aryan and Amy help get the engine in the car. But what I thought was funny is someone pull up on a scooter and help get it wiggled in the engine bay. Of all people to stop by was Rosco. I know most of you guys don't know who he is but Ronnie and Joe and a few of the close knit guys from around here know him. He use to work down at Bob Williams and had a Nova that he raced.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 July 13th 2009, 7:21 am

lookin good man..... last time i seen Rosco was about 4 years ago.....
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 13th 2009, 7:16 pm

Johnny Stamper grabbed my intake and valve cover and within two hours had them back to me with a nice bead blast job. Thanks Johnny!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 14th 2009, 8:19 am

Another day down. Motor is bolted in, trans is bolted in. I had a drive shaft cut down for a long tail years ago and it still had the tag on it from the shop. I was worried that it wouldn't work or it was the wrong one but it fits!!!! Very Happy
I got the intake bolted on and ripped out the rest of the interior. I spent alot of time and trips at Sears today getting bolts and nuts. Those nuts & bolts don't seem like much but when you start buying a bunch of them the $ goes up and up.
Tomorrow may be a slow day I have to see my back doctor in the middle of the day. I hoping he doesn't screw my back up so much that the next day I can't walk. We will see.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 001-3
The breather is not staying on it.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 002-5
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis July 15th 2009, 1:53 am

RebStew wrote:I have to see my back doctor in the middle of the day. I hoping he doesn't screw my back up so much that the next day I can't walk. We will see.

So how did it go? I hope you got good news. Make sure you take care of yourself.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith July 15th 2009, 5:16 am

that cowl looks killer man point blank

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 15th 2009, 11:42 am

Cratethis wrote:
RebStew wrote:I have to see my back doctor in the middle of the day. I hoping he doesn't screw my back up so much that the next day I can't walk. We will see.

So how did it go? I hope you got good news. Make sure you take care of yourself.
It was bad news and he twisted me up so bad that I come home and was out of it for the better part of the day. I worked most of the night chewing pain pills. He wants me back in there Thursday to see him again but after today he's going to have to wait to work on me. I couldn't hardly walk after leaving his office and I don't have time to lay in bed. I will do it after the race track day.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 15th 2009, 11:49 am

I couldn't do much today but did get a few things done. Thanks to Joey and Johnny stopping in to help I made it a little farther along.
Johnny under the car.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 003-7
I got the rockers adjusted, drive shaft in, some more of the engine stuff put together
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 007-5 my fake dynamatt and carpet.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 005-5
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 006-6
I also got my 90/10 shocks in the mail and 1 ONE rim.?.?.? I hope the other one comes tomorrow. I've been having a hard time finding the stuff for the car but I think I have it licked now!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 15th 2009, 10:17 pm

I need a dipstick and tube for a 454 if anyone has one.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 July 16th 2009, 4:12 am

RebStew wrote:I need a dipstick and tube for a 454 if anyone has one.
i will look and see if i can find one Very Happy .....i try not to clutter my garage up with to much big block crap Laughing Razz
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 19th 2009, 6:17 pm

I tried but couldn't get enough time to work out the bugs and make a track run. Right before I was ready to go through tech the radiator started pouring water out of it. It may have been a good thing because I lost my brakes trying to get it in the garage last night. Loosing them in the alley was bad enough. Loosing them at the top end of the track may have been alot worse. The car is alot closer than it was a week ago and I will do some work on it after I recoop from this week craziness..

Last edited by RebStew on May 2nd 2011, 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 19th 2009, 6:46 pm

The mad rush for the track
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 009-4

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 003-8

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 010-4

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 013-4

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 014-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 19th 2009, 6:49 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 019-6
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 022-4
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 024-5
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 5 033-3
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 23rd 2009, 6:39 am

I found a radiator and found my busted brake line tonight. Riggs climbed under the car to help get it off. Riggs helped get the bad radiator out of the car too. I may try to fix the brakes tomorrow depending on how I feel. Some of the guys are going back to the track Saturday. I'd like to buy a carb and see if I can make it. With that 500 cfm carb I'd be lucky to make a 14 or 15 second pass.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 25th 2009, 9:22 am

I put the radiator in the car but I'm not sure how good the core is. I guess we will find out. While Corey and I were bleeding the brakes I pushed on the back slick and it didn't move. I started looking around and the new rims I bought for the slicks were hitting the calibers on the rearend. About 5 minutes each with a grinder smoothed them out just enough to clear. This test and tune crap at the track is for the birds. I need to tag this thing and work out the bug on the street like I always have. Small things keep coming up and it would be easy to find with just a simple spin around the block. I'm heading to the track today if it doesn't rain. Maybe I'll get a pass.Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next