{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bonehead move

3 posters

Go down

Bonehead move Empty Bonehead move

Post by RsvBill March 27th 2008, 11:51 pm

Well last night started out with rough sanding of the door Ryan help break me in on. Gettign ready for a little filler.

Excited as I was knowing that hey 1 down 3 doors to go.

I grab for the filler, reading the directions I noticed it reads mix with CREAM hardener... Well I only had the clear liquid stuff for my fiberglass resign. So what do i do.......

Yup I used it. even made sure to use a little extra, mixed everything good, was on my way to happiness . The wife yells dinner is ready, so i go up sit and eat, check email and scan ebay . about 2 hours later I decide to go down and WAS goign to sand a bit.

It is still wet??????? Confused so very much I was. So I am thinking maybe it neds a little longer, ( I never claimed to be a body guy )
headed out the garage this morning at 530 am . still wet. So after calling a few peeps I learned you must use what it tells you to , I never know you had to use CREAM HARDNER for filler , but could use both for resign.

I have been cleaning that crap since 5pm. what a freaking mess. BUt I got the right stuff now.

Bonehead move presented by,

Bill
RsvBill
RsvBill
Scrounger

Number of posts : 620
Registration date : 2008-02-28

http://picasaweb.google.com/wryanjr

Back to top Go down

Bonehead move Empty Re: Bonehead move

Post by RebStew March 28th 2008, 12:14 am

that is all part of the learning. I bet it was a mess getting it off. If anything else has you wondering just give me a call and I'll try to help.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 28th 2008, 3:12 am

Think thats bad when i ran a Fiberglass repair shop back in the day, I had a guy spray Gel Coat and lay up a whole container( Air Craft Container about the size of a 1 car garage), with out turning on the catalyst cup on the spray gun... Needless to say I had a whole container mold, and about 500lbs of gel-coat, resin, and fiberglass mat that was just one big gooey mess. That thing would never have gotten hard even if Marilyn Monroe rose from the dead and sang happy birthday to it..So don't feel to bad it happen's..Just give a yell if you have any question's when it comes to doing body work material cost can ad up quick nobody around here know's everything, but most of us can point you in the right direction or know somebody who can.. And remember that the only stupid question is the one not asked.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down