{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess you are stuck with me.

+14
6-71Kid
John B
falconwagon62
Cratethis
junkyard junky
dieseldr
Lady rebel
Chris55
Marty042
extenzegrl
Nanook
Roller Coaster
Arieldouglas
Reb Stew
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 Empty Re: I guess you are stuck with me.

Post by 911TAZZ March 28th 2013, 4:41 am

Wow, good luck with everything. You all have some pretty awesome kids there! Keep up the good work.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 Empty Re: I guess you are stuck with me.

Post by Nanook March 29th 2013, 6:29 pm

Dang, that's a ton of work done by you and your crew! Kudos for pressing forward...and kudos to you for having helped raised kids that are respectful and helpful family members.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 30th 2013, 7:37 am

Thanks guys. I am blessed when it comes to my kids and wife.

Today was a bit strange. We went to the property for some R&R but things got out of hand. The lay of the land is really crazy. Even looking at the blue prints will have you scratching your head. I couldn't have just a square. It has to be bent in every angle you can think of and it cresting like a mountain doesn't help. I don't ever recall having a line of site between the survey marker. Today we made our first cut. We started at the road and run through the bush. 3 tanks of gas in the chain saw. Amy, Aryan and Sami dragging brush and 8 hours later we cut 10 foot wide straight path 461 feet up the hill to the marker before it's first turns. The hack berry and thorn bushes were thick along with plenty of fallen trees. We wasn't cutting the whole 8 hours. A couple hours were spent lined up like ducks so I could eyeball the line. After you walk up and down that hill 7 or 8 times you don't need to go to the gym.

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 00811
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 30th 2013, 7:41 am

The kids did get it some play time between work. Who needs and engine when your little brother will push you?
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 00110

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 00312

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 00511
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 30th 2013, 7:44 am

Signing the papers on mom and dads house went good. Tomorrow, Saturday at 2:30 the lady is suppose to be out of that house. If so I may do some late night work.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 30th 2013, 2:06 pm

Lookin good!! Ready for the big bonfire!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook March 30th 2013, 10:17 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Signing the papers on mom and dads house went good. Tomorrow, Saturday at 2:30 the lady is suppose to be out of that house. If so I may do some late night work.

Awesome!! Very happy for you and the rest of the family!

later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl April 4th 2013, 12:47 am

Wyatt is ready to come play.. and ride go carts
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie April 4th 2013, 2:25 am

Great news on the house Steve.
Bonfire sound like a great idea!
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE April 4th 2013, 6:33 pm

Looks like thing are going okay in regards on houses. I agree with others, I'm tired just reading the work you're doing.
I'm maybe in same boat here in next 8-12 months. My dad passed in Dec, mom is going to try to hold onto their big old farmhouse, but I don't see it happening. We may move in with her, buy her out, then keep our curretn house as rental.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:08 am

Seems like work is all I have been doing. No free time. I started working on the house mom and dad will move into. What a pain. It didn't look this bad but it is. I knew the floor was rotten in the bathroom. What I didn't know was that it soaked through the wall and got most of the kitchen floor too. To make thing even worse the bathtub walls had inch and half of concrete behind the tile. It took me 2 days to get it all off. Then I find out the entire bathroom floor has 2" of concrete poured over the rotting floor with wire mesh in it.. I have taken 4 truck loads of drywall, rotten wood and concrete to the property to dump it. One of which was just too much for poor old Casper the Clunker work truck. She gave up the ghost while dragging the back bumper full of busted up concrete and junk. Sad
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:23 am

Mom & Dad's new place. My old Ford doesn't fit in well on this street, that's okay.

They would more than likely rather see my Ford than for me to drive the Fire Chicken with the headers open. Very Happy

I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 00812
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:30 am

The first day in we didn't sty long. It stunk in the house. Mom said she thought she smelled gas but I thought it was just the house stinking. The next day I went to work on the house. I opened the bottom cabinet and they had 220 wires UNCAPPED for the stove right at the front of the door. I killed the breaker and capped them off. I get in the basement and I start smelling gas. There was a wall around the hot water heater and the furnace. I ripped it down within a few minutes and started checking pipes. A little soap and water will leave a bubble if you have a gas leak.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 06411
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:32 am

People lived in this house with a very small kid. Raw 220 wires out in the open for a kid to get fried and gas leaking so bad that by the time I found it I had a headache and it was so bad that the next day I woke up with it.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:40 am

On the good side of life we spent Easter on the property. Egg hunting with me hiding the eggs leave you wanting to be taller.I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 01412

Sami trying to pick Aryan up so one of them can get the egg.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 01312

The dog couldn't let the kids have all the fun. He found a few.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 02010
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 02411
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 5th 2013, 6:42 am

I was also able to get my old Furguson running after a 3 or 4 year nap. I still need to do some work on it but the engine is now up and running! cheers

It was sitting for so long the woods were taking it back to the earth. I drove it out from it's resting spot dragging and ripping vines off that were growing on it and through it.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 01011
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE April 5th 2013, 7:34 pm

ooo, I want that tractor. Nice looking spread.

I had that same issue helping a friend who's uncle wired the house. Wire hanging out above the stove for the hood, cut even and hot. Her boyfriend found the same thing in a box when installing a ceiling fan....he tripped the breaker the bad way, luckily he had the plastic end of screwdriver.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 6th 2013, 3:31 am

I'd like to find a repop or good hood and grille for that Furgie. I'm not sure if they have repops for sheet metal for one or not. I'd try to fix this one but man it's rough. If I have to I will though. Back fenders I can do it no time.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas April 6th 2013, 3:35 am

The grill for sure and the fenders. The hood I'm not sure about but there are plenty of sites for tractor restorers.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 6th 2013, 3:43 am

Arieldouglas wrote:The grill for sure and the fenders. The hood I'm not sure about but there are plenty of sites for tractor restorers.
I know the old Ford you could buy everything for them just a few miles in Ohio from me. Just wasn't sure on the Furgie. I'll have to look into it a little more.
I'd like to fix it up. Years ago dad took it down to the river and lost one of the metal emblems on the hood. I looked and looked for it but couldn't find it. He thought I was nuts. A few days later I seen it in the barn sitting on the shelf. I ask him and he went walking in the field looking for it because I made such a fuss about it and found it. Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 4th 2013, 2:27 pm

Reb Stew wrote:I was also able to get my old Furguson running after a 3 or 4 year nap. I still need to do some work on it but the engine is now up and running! cheers

It was sitting for so long the woods were taking it back to the earth. I drove it out from it's resting spot dragging and ripping vines off that were growing on it and through it.
I guess you are stuck with me. - Page 3 01011
I have been sick as a dog for almost a week. Yesterday I was tired of being in the bed so I figured I'd try to get the tractor up to what it should be. It needed rewired so it would charge and some other things.

I still wasn't feeling 100% but one thing lead to another and from the morning until 6:30 I was cutting grass. The very top of the hill and the back field going to the river hasn't been cut in 4 years. It was a nightmare. I got it all done though. Some spots the weeds were over the hood of the tractor. I know some don't understand but these old tractors will beat you up if you have to work rough ground. Man I was sore by the time I was done. At least the next cut will be easier. I won't have to worry about the high grass bogging me down.

After it was done it was a good feeling after it has been growing wild for so long.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas May 4th 2013, 3:16 pm

It doesn't take long. A couple of years and you start thinking about a dozer. affraid
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE May 4th 2013, 5:20 pm

Glad to hear ya got the ole girl running. I cut grass for my mom's neighbor earlier this week on the old Crapsman....for 2 hours, could hardly move the next day, my back was in knots from all the bouncing.
Once you get it in shape, will be muuuccchh easier next time.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 5th 2013, 12:08 am

Arieldouglas wrote:It doesn't take long. A couple of years and you start thinking about a dozer. affraid
Amy and I walked over the hill to the river today and I told her that if I had a dozer for a couple weeks that this place wouldn't look the same. I have a Bobcat so it will have to do for filling in these small ditches. I'll have to rent a track loader when I get ready to build the garage so I'm hoping to get a few things done while I have that. You know how it is though. It's never ending. Owning a big dozer or loader is the best way to go but man the price tag.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3