{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I guess it was not ment to be....

+2
JRiggs
LRS30
6 posters

Go down

I guess it was not ment to be.... Empty I guess it was not ment to be....

Post by LRS30 January 15th 2008, 3:15 pm

Well some of you know I've been searching for a new project, Well a week ago I thought I had forund in, a 1929 Model A Sport Coupe, 6 inch chop already done, new patch panels', frame, and for a good.But the guys says hey would you be interested in 2, 30-31 5 Window bodies for the same price, because he now has a deposit on The Sport Coupe.I said either way I'm interested, a couple day's go by I get an e-mail that the other guy really wants the 5 window bodies, at this point I feel like I'm in a tornado I'm not even sure if no which way is up..So I tell the current owner sell him which ever set-up he wants and I will take the AGAIN! So Yesterday I am anticpating having a real nice check for all the work my brother and I have been doing, I go start my truck, push the clutch in againg get her into reverse, and next thing I know, with the clutch in all the way, the truck just takes off, yhea I was a bit surprised to say the least. Well upon further inspection (THANK'S FERREL :king: ) the slave cylinder ($120 KY motor's price)took a crap, oh and no its not your regular everyday style, this one goes over the output shaft so it now seem's that I have to drop the trans to put it on, and KY motor's has ordered 2 way back in November and they have yet to see them, that makes me feel like I'm gonna need some KY Jelly and call the dealership. Well I figure were gonna pull it off might as well just do the whole clutch package($350ish),. So back to the project story after all this happen's another e-maile pop's up "Hey Ryan the Sport Coupe is on it's way to vegas, and the 2, 5 windows were pulled apart with a chain upon extraction from the junk yard totally distroying them in the process..So with everything that went down yesterday, "I guess it just was'nt meant to be"............
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

I guess it was not ment to be.... Empty Re: I guess it was not ment to be....

Post by JRiggs January 15th 2008, 6:45 pm

that sucks
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 15th 2008, 6:49 pm

to say that's a bummer is an undersatement. at least you didn't run your truck into a parked car.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by fuel10922 January 15th 2008, 9:43 pm

Don't let it get to you Ryan. Its life. I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Even if we don't understand why it happens to us. Stay up!!!
fuel10922
fuel10922
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky January 16th 2008, 3:47 am

There are plenty of model a's out there. Are you just looking for a sport coupe or something like a sedan?

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 16th 2008, 1:57 pm

Well, at least you got that nice '54 to go places in 'till you can come up with a deal on what your hunting. That old Chevy should be acceptable about anywhere and comfortable on the way.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 16th 2008, 2:07 pm

Oh trust me guy's, if I got bummed about deals that did'nt go thru, I would be walking around with a I.V. full of happy juice for the rest of my life..I'm just glad my clutch went out in my driveway and not some place where I would have to have it towed....And no not just interested in Sport Coupes, it was just a great deal, thats why I was stoked about it.I'll find something , I keep thinking about sticking some cash into the 54 i know it needs it, but I'm the kind of guy that does'nt need the best but the most,haha!!!!!

i
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 16th 2008, 4:17 pm

Yeah, I'm just the opposite. That's why I have to have such a BEAUTIFUL CAR. (lol)
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down