{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Dragstrip Reunion

2 posters

Go down

Old Dragstrip Reunion Empty Old Dragstrip Reunion

Post by FalconEddie1964 November 10th 2009, 12:51 am

Yesterday Madonna and I went with Dennis's friend Dave up tp Botkins for a 50 year reunion for Pense's and Kettlersville Dragstrips. It was a beautiful day for a drive. There were about 300 old timers from days gone by swapping stories and pictures all afternoon. I met a few of my heroes from years gone by. Of course they didn't realize they were big stars to anyone but to a freshman in high shcool back around '62, some of these old fellows were pretty important. Madonna got to hear stories from other involved parties and found out her old man was telling the truth. She got to me the local legends and put faces with the crazy names she's always heard. Fellows like Fuzzy, Briar, Doc, Duckfoot and Brighteyes. Bill had a few of his old race cars there and even found the original Christmas tree from the old track at Sidney along with the big sign that used to be on the timing tower. I got to see some old friends from home that I hadn't seen in probably 40 years or more. There were quite a few times it was a little hard to hold back the tears knowing that some of the old farts didn't make it to be a part of this wonderful afternoon. Dennis was suposed to go but I guess work got in the way this past weekend. All three of us had a great time and were among the very last to leave. Anyone that is into racing from the early sixities and seventies sure missed a good time to set and talk (or listen) to some of the real greats in drag racing from this area.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Old Dragstrip Reunion Empty Re: Old Dragstrip Reunion

Post by RebStew November 11th 2009, 7:06 am

Sounds like a cool time.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 November 12th 2009, 3:52 am

Yeah, they're going to have a big reunion for KilKare this January. Dennis's buddy Dave's been to a few. I might have to go this time.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down