{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot rod reunion mishap

+4
FalconEddie1964
Blue Eyed Devil
CustomCabby
junkyard junky
8 posters

Go down

Hot rod reunion mishap Empty Hot rod reunion mishap

Post by junkyard junky June 22nd 2010, 3:39 am

So I was watching the show cars getting their awards sat evening waiting for my friend's 38 chevy coupe. A 62 or 63 pontiac sedan drag car replica won an award. After having his picture taken he got back into his car, shoved down to first, wound the engine up and let out on the clutch. The tires started to spin but the drag slinks had to much traction. The guy shuts the car off and gets out to get his driveshaft that has been torn into. After they push the car out of the way, a member of the track cre got a mop and wiped up some liquid that came underneath the car. Poor car.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Hot rod reunion mishap Empty Re: Hot rod reunion mishap

Post by CustomCabby June 22nd 2010, 5:09 am

I did something like that to an older Malibu I used to have. I have never heard anything like it, it was like the motor literally blew apart from the inside out. There wasnt a single thing salvagable accept for the bolt ons.

CustomCabby
Restorer

Number of posts : 467
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 22nd 2010, 12:24 pm

Nah not a poor car. That's what they're made for! Build 'em, beat on 'em, fix 'em - Repeat. I'm sure it will be fine.
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 June 22nd 2010, 2:02 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Nah not a poor car. That's what they're made for! Build 'em, beat on 'em, fix 'em - Repeat. I'm sure it will be fine.

Yeah, and it was probably put together with old "Vintage" parts. They just aren't as strong as the new stuff. Big horsepower coupled with 50 year old driveline parts equals breakage.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 23rd 2010, 1:58 am

WAS IT HOT OR WHAT? Atleast I had a pop-up with A/C this year, we got so damn cold Sat. night we had to turn the air down..... This year was pretty damn good,with any luck the 31 will be there again next year but only with some upgrades.........
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous June 23rd 2010, 3:44 am

I heard there were a lot of cars and that it was a bit warm. The last time we were down there some idiot doing burnouts hit the main power pole and none of the fancy pants campers had any air. The bad thing is the humidity gets so high being down in that river bottom. Glad you made it down and back ok. Hopefully next Father's Day I can be down there sweating my arse off.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 23rd 2010, 12:13 pm

The owner of this roadster we built debuted it at the show. He called on Sunday to let us know that it received a Top 50 award. Not bad being picked from a few thousand cars. The owner was happy and we are really proud! Very Happy

Hot rod reunion mishap IMG_0466
Hot rod reunion mishap IMG_0465
Hot rod reunion mishap IMG_0461
Hot rod reunion mishap IMG_0464
Hot rod reunion mishap IMG_0463
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous June 23rd 2010, 2:10 pm

That's a really slick hot rod.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew June 23rd 2010, 5:13 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:The owner of this roadster we built debuted it at the show. He called on Sunday to let us know that it received a Top 50 award. Not bad being picked from a few thousand cars. The owner was happy and we are really proud! Very Happy

]
That's the first time I seen it with paint on it. It came out real nice.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 25th 2010, 2:45 am

I really dig the Grill Treatment, laying it forward really gives it a going fast look sitting still.... I kinda think the Dorsal fin on the deck lid was a little goofey, but thats just my .02.. Other than that it had a real slick fit and finish.. Was'nt there a whole lot of hands in on that build, did'nt Woody's do some work on that thing also.. Killer job on it who ever did it...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil June 25th 2010, 3:25 am

LRS30 wrote:I really dig the Grill Treatment, laying it forward really gives it a going fast look sitting still.... I kinda think the Dorsal fin on the deck lid was a little goofey, but thats just my .02.. Other than that it had a real slick fit and finish.. Was'nt there a whole lot of hands in on that build, did'nt Woody's do some work on that thing also.. Killer job on it who ever did it...

Thank you very much. The grille was a pain in my A S S, but it finally got done and I think it turned out cool. The fin is really goofy, but it was on there when it got to us and the owner wouldn't give it up. Rolling Eyes

Not quite a "whole lot" of hands in the build, but it did move. It started out at another shop that halfass started it and totally screwed it up. (see dorsal fin)

Anywho, the car came to us and was totally torn down, redesigned, reconfigured and reconstructed. From that point forward all metal, fabrication, suspension & engine work was done at our shop.

It was then sent to Woody's for bodywork, paint & interior. They are very nice guys and did a great job on their end. The end product turned out great if I do say so myself. Smile
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis June 25th 2010, 3:43 am

Great Job. I like it a lot. A piece to be proud of.
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 June 26th 2010, 4:59 pm

Yhea it is a killer execution on the fit and finish.. Once I saw the grill shell I was "Now that is something that is refreshing to see" I would love to steal that idea for my own ...lol... But I'm still not even in the roller stages of mine.. Tying to figure out what rear suspension I want to go with.. I'm thinking just a simple Ladder bar with coil overs (since its a full fender car and all its junk won't be out in the open to see).. So anybody have a used set of coil overs and some 32" ladder bars sitting around....... Killer Job on the 32 there Blue Eyed Devil.. KUDO'S
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down