{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro

+17
Cratethis
falconwagon62
FalconEddie1964
vettespd29
blacksunshine
magicman_1968
John B
JRiggs
Mr. Fabulous
LRS30
Striping Stew 54
big dogs 42
6-71Kid
RustyKarr
Lady rebel
RebStew
xycho_wraith
21 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 Empty Re: Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro

Post by xycho_wraith March 19th 2009, 7:46 pm

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0668-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0669
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0670-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0671-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0673-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 DSCF0674-1
its a 350 4 bolt that has a new crane cam lifters all barrings and a brand new crankshaft bla bla fly wheel is brand new also every thing is brand new exept the pistons.steve blade (who might be joing the web site ) looked at it just now said its a smog piston yeah it going to get a lil less compression in that cyl but i prob would really notice it so what do u guys think ...........4 the record i took someone smarter w me i took me gf s 3 pound chichiwawa peunut... with me lol i was giveing up on the cam and gear drive and all that i was just trying to do what i was told and get something that i could drop in ...i agued with the guy 4 a while he told me to get new pistons and bore it out but what im telling him is wrong is impossable and 2 spray wd40 and the ring would expand and pop the piston back in place....then told me that he would do the labor 4 free..then called me back and said he would refund me its worth the parts 2 him 2 just give me my money back but i gotta load it up drive it almost a hundred miles to him and he wont have the cash 4 abought a mounth lol i love the stuff i do...i gave 650 4 the motor and heads an extra 50 4 a holley carb that is in peices and a hei disrubutor and a brand new fly wheel then bought oil and a head gasket kit and blew almost 30 in gas so close 2 800.....i hope i can make this work out...sorry 4 my ranting thanx 4 reading

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 19th 2009, 7:51 pm

i ran the #S its legit as far as that part gose ive been looked at 25 motors and cars and went over many on the net and a crap load of calls this is the one i picked lol

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 19th 2009, 8:10 pm

WD-40 used to pop a piston in place??????? What does that mean.. A bore and hone plus pistons and rings? This does'nt sound like a drop in engine to me....I'm sorry Kenny I'm not picking on you but I think what the general idea was was to find a motor the is COMPLETE and RUNNING pull and then drop that COMPLETE RUNNING moror in.. It looks and sounds like you bought the same thing you already have, ony a 4 BOLT main, which yhea they are stronger, but for a good running street motor makes no difference, unless you plan on putting spray on it or maybe a blower, but then even a stock 4 bolt is'nt going to hold up very long to either of those...I don't know dude its your money and your time, From the pics it almost looks like the one cylinder has a ridge around it at the top of the stoke, and no signs of a cross hatch in the walls if it was rebuilt and ready to drop in that would and should be there, also there is coolant in the water jackets.. Maybe I'm mistaken was it rebuilt? Or just taken out of a running car and taken apart, if so why was it taken apart..., maybe its a runner but but if your going thru the troubles to take it apart to bore hone and re piston it, why don't you come up with another $600 to $1200 and have it dipped magna fluxed, new bearings rod and crank, and everything else that goes along with re-building an engine. Because if it needs bored and pistons and rings, there is no sense in putting old bearings back in it only to fail in a few, 1000,100,10, 1 miles just does'nt make much sense to me, but maybe Peanut knows more about that than me or the rest of the guys that have done this in the past.. Sounds to me like your in a rock and a hard place.. I personally would try to get a refund, sounds a little fishy to me but i am only going by the blurry pics, your's and Peanuts discription of this investment, it maybe better in person, and ready to drop in, just make sure you use that WD-40 to get the pistons to pop back in place..Anybody elsegot any pointerson getting the piston to pop back in place so Kenny can drop this thing in? I curious what that means....Once again Kenny not picking on you personally but this sounds like you bought the same thing you have already but without 8 more main bolts..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 19th 2009, 8:13 pm

The pistons look awfully pitted in the pic's, like someone took a wire wheel to clean off a load of carbon, I don't know Kenny somthing just is'nt Jiving....Good Luck
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 20th 2009, 2:12 am

LRS30 wrote: I'm sorry... I need to remember that God gave us TWO EARS and ONE MOUTH so I can LISTEN TWICE AS MUCH AS I TALK... .
Hey Wise Guy! That's an old Mob saying.. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 20th 2009, 2:14 am

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 Shut_up

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 20th 2009, 2:15 am

Kenny what is this guys phone number?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 20th 2009, 2:17 am

Kenny computer is broke so he has to go to the library. Give him a call on his cell.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 20th 2009, 2:17 am

Kenny call me.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 20th 2009, 2:37 am

I called Kenny. I was going to get some money back for him but he let Mark Mitten call the guy and cuss him out. I can't work magic and if Mark called I'm sure I'd get no where now unless XXXXXXXXX. I called the guy twice but no answer. This should not have happened. I told him half a dozen times to get a motor he could hear run. No one listens.
I give up.
EDITED: I spoke to the guy. We came up with a partial refund and Kenny keeps the engine. The guy was super nice other than ranting about Mark cussing him out and telling him he's going to get him. Mark I know you read this. I catch your IP # on here. Use your brains sometimes. You are going to fool with the wrong guy one of these days and he is going to get you. All you did is make it harder on Kenny to get his money. Anyways I left the rest up to Kenny and he is going to get some of his money back. If he has any more trouble I'll take care of it myself..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 20th 2009, 8:07 pm

I just hate hearing about someone getting a raw deal.. If there is a problem with something give full disclosure on it, that way if the buyer has remorse you have a leg to stand on by saying he was fore warned about any and all issue's, that and get a reciept discribing any and all things purchased and condition of items signed by both parties, I know that unless it is notarized that it really does'nt mean a whole lot in the courts, but it sure does not hurt either when you go to question someones honesty and integrity... And nobody has to have they're eye dotted.. Kenny please listen to others that have made mistakes in the past and have learned from it, and are passing it on to those who ask for HELP, and OPINIONS.. Nobody is laughing or poking fun at you but when you seem to make the same mistakes repeatedly, and not take honest and good advice it only makes one wonder if you really want help and advice. Good Luck Kenny and I hope you get it running soon.. And if you go to look at another engine maybe take another dog with you, one that has a little more knowledge about sbc's than Peanut..My Lizzy will go she knows alittle about them...

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 IMG_1682
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 20th 2009, 8:08 pm

RustyKarr wrote:Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 4 Shut_up
Shocked You talkin' to me?
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 20th 2009, 9:15 pm

They say with time, dogs and owners look alike....
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 21st 2009, 8:28 am

i did screw up i wasnt at the time doing what i wanted i picked this one cus of all the new parts figgured i could put the heads on swithch the other parts and be ready to go i looked called and drove to see a crap load of blocks that was in cars out rebuilds whatever i looked and looked in my mind i thought the guy was honest couldnt find a prob withthe block at the time figgured a couple days of work and a lil help id be ready 2 go...ya i tend to keep messing up...pistons are under a hundred 250 2 bore hone dip and put the pistons on the rods so i geuss at the moment this is plan b ?

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs March 21st 2009, 7:01 pm

yeah if you would have listen to me, the motor would be on its way in the car by now. I told you id sell my motor to you for what i have in it and loan you my engine puller......
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 22nd 2009, 12:00 am

LRS30 wrote: Shocked You talkin' to me?

Maybe. Ya wanna make something of it punk? LOL Very Happy

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 22nd 2009, 5:51 am

JRiggs wrote:yeah if you would have listen to me, the motor would be on its way in the car by now. I told you id sell my motor to you for what i have in it and loan you my engine puller......
i might have been but you and me were tite and i really didnt feel right takeing from you not like this you know...

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 22nd 2009, 3:07 pm

Drop the engine in it and start it up to see what it does. The piston in question is a later smog piston with a beveled top. Not much different than the rest. It may have a little bit less compression but who cares. Run it, beat it, blow it up and move on to the next one. Now that true hot rodding! Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 22nd 2009, 4:10 pm

RebStew wrote:Drop the engine in it and start it up to see what it does. The piston in question is a later smog piston with a beveled top. Not much different than the rest. It may have a little bit less compression but who cares. Run it, beat it, blow it up and move on to the next one. Now that true hot rodding! Very Happy
Well said.......yea that piston wont make any noticable difference......i replace one just like that in my truck motor about 70,000 miles ago and no problems......Git R Done Kenny Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 22nd 2009, 8:42 pm

ill start cleaning the block and heads 2 night get it painted i see a sbc and i want to paint it black lol

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 22nd 2009, 8:50 pm

As long as everything is tight and right you will be golden.. Life is full of lessons to be learned from and the bad ones are not worth repeating just chalk it up to experience and move on.. And Chad it would be a fair fight I only have one good arm, and I would hate to humiliate you and Razz your family by beating you with it.....Good luck Kenny and hope to see it on the road soon...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 March 22nd 2009, 9:00 pm

LRS30 wrote:And Chad it would be a fair fight I only have one good arm, and I would hate to humiliate you and Razz your family by beating you with it...
lol! lol! Holy crap...That is funny....Sorry Chad but that was funny..... lol! lol!
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 22nd 2009, 9:11 pm

I like Chad he's a good guy, he knows I'm busting his balls..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 23rd 2009, 12:20 am

I'm sorry Ryan, please don't hurt me. I'll give you my lunch money for a week and do your homework too. :|

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by big dogs 42 March 23rd 2009, 12:41 am

Last edited by big dogs 42 on January 27th 2010, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
big dogs 42
big dogs 42
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next