{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro

+17
Cratethis
falconwagon62
FalconEddie1964
vettespd29
blacksunshine
magicman_1968
John B
JRiggs
Mr. Fabulous
LRS30
Striping Stew 54
big dogs 42
6-71Kid
RustyKarr
Lady rebel
RebStew
xycho_wraith
21 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 Empty Re: Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro

Post by xycho_wraith February 9th 2009, 9:08 am

got my stones decal on didnt stick to well thou got that chrome rocker trim off and took off one cherry bomb 2 see if id rather run raw headers and yes i do ..i always thought cherry bombs was a mild thing but boy was i wrong lol

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1674
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 11th 2009, 11:35 am

got the vac 4 the trans back on and got the other bomb off ...dam air comp aint working so i cant pump up the tires and take it on a test run im going to need 2 borrow a da in a couple weeks if any one has one

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 14th 2009, 4:17 am

steve i ran the alt wire like u told me 2 and got it outta the trunk

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 20th 2009, 10:06 pm

i got my molding clips today and the new nuts and bolts 4 the throttle cable then found a big reason why the cars sucks that pretty much ruined the entire thing 4 me the oil pan is full of gas and oil i dunno exactly what this means but i guess i put the intake on wrong or it has a crack (what I'm guessing) I'm so pissed with prob like this every day on every car that i just wanna give up and be normal..is there a rehab Dr drew thing 4 cars ??? I'm pretty mad at the car my self and the big picture that i don't even know how that motor really runs and after all the time and money wasted on it already its prob just easier at this point to find a new block! so here i go yet again ready to try again and screw up again

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 21st 2009, 12:33 am

HAS the CArb been rebuilt recently?? If so I would bet good money that the Float is not adjusted properly, or the Accelerater Pump Spring's are switched.. A cracked manifold would give 2 things either air or coolant not fuel.. If its full of gas don't run the motor, becareful as to not wash out the bearings on the crank/rods/ or rings...Depending on what carb your running ( OK MOST CARBS) there is a soft and a stiff spring on the Accel. Pump if you get the 2 mixed when rebuilding the carb your float needle will not seat and gas will pump past the needle and directly into the engine, cause it to flood out, load up the pan full of gas, wash out rings/bearings, pour raw fuel out of the exhaust, and possibly shoot flames out of the exhaust (DOUG LIKES EXHAUST FLAMES) .. Or if your running a high output fuel Pump or an electric pump, put a regulator on it start at a low pressure and work your way up to optimum pressure, I think 2lbs. or pressure is optimum for a carbed street motor.. (Someone with more Motor Experience chime in if I am wrong) Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 21st 2009, 12:39 am

OH and what I tell everybody I know when they are working a on there HOT ROD/PROJECT CAR Pitfalls and hurdles are part of it, if it ruins your day/week/life and your ready to throw in the towel maybe you should start scrap booking or stamp collecting.. REASEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.. If it was easy every swinging (BEEP) would have a HOT ROD.we have all been there before thats what seperates the men from the boys, and the guys that use they're wallet/credit card for a tool box instead of that big red box in the back of your garage with your MNT. DEW sitting on it....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 21st 2009, 1:45 am

Change the fuel pump. It is bad.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 28th 2009, 9:43 pm

OK i changed the pump and oil fixed the throttle cable put the chrome on the back window and i put a dip stick was 2 long 4 the motor and the crank sucked it up wtf ....if i keep the car I'm going to do a motor swap but I'm trying 4 now to just get this one good enough to take to a couple shows over summer and maybe to a work session up there in Newport that's all i need but i cant seem to get it that close ....wanted a second gen f body since i was a kid growing up around a certain white and blue one (or was it pink and blue lol ) but I'm really frustrated any more i try to solve over probs in life so i got more thinking room 2 deal w the cars but !!!!!!!!!!!I'm going to havta get rid of a couple ...cus im getting a new one in less then a year trying to decide what i want either a 57 chev a ford lighning or a 40s or 50s caddy dunno yet

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 28th 2009, 10:22 pm

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith February 28th 2009, 10:31 pm

chad look at it lol

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 1st 2009, 4:15 am

it wasnt the dam pump i dunno what else to say i gess its that dam karma crap 4 being kenny i dunno

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr March 1st 2009, 2:38 pm

xycho_wraith wrote:chad look at it lol

I wouldn't own one of those pieces! Very Happy

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by xycho_wraith March 1st 2009, 7:50 pm

im just real real up set with my cars ill prob keep the thing after i calm down

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 Empty newer pics of my 79

Post by xycho_wraith March 11th 2009, 6:54 am

Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0293
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0295
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0296
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0297
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0298-2
new dash cover and cd player
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0299
back dash my dad made 4 me covered in black leather
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0300
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0303-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0304-1
Kenny's Flashback 79 Camaro - Page 2 DSCF0305

xycho_wraith
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 11th 2009, 1:12 pm

Can't say that I've ever seen rear window covers like those. Cool!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2009, 4:27 pm

I'll buy those wheels off of you as long as you promise not to put another goofy set of wheels on it. Put some rallies or anything on there. Those wheel just don't fit the era. 🐘
What would I do with those wheel? I'd take a sledge hammer to them. Not joking. Puke!
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 11th 2009, 7:47 pm

Kenny everything your saying about the problems with it, is just rookie (don't take offense) mistakes.. Just because its chrome and on discount at KMART or AUTOZONE does'nt mean your car needs it..Instead of making sure it has a cool astro turf or what ever carpet that dash mat is made out of and a 600000000 watt stereo try doing the simple/smart thing and making it run first..And the dip sitick thing ok once again thats just stupid, because its chrome doe'snt mean its for a sbc! I know shocker right! You should have checked the lenght with the original before you did your best Stone Cold Steve Austin and bent it into a pretzel?

1. First off did you hear the motor run before, and did it run ok?
if not then why stick chrome gingerbread on it?
2. Get it running before your buy vanity plates and window tint and air fresheners for it.]
3. If it has a fuel problem, then start with the obvious make sure its getting fuel, tank,lines,filter,pump,carb.
4. If it has a spark problem start with the battery, coil, dist., wires, plugs, or if its a HEI the make sure the unit is working properly.
5. If you have fuel and you have spark you should be able to atleast get it to fire/run, even a worn out motor will run enough for you to diagnois other major/minor problems.
6. If all else fails resort back to #1 did you hear the motor run before, and what trinket did you put on it that made it run worse, then remove said trinket..

XYCHO I am not calling you out, ok maybe I am but you keep bringing up how bad this thing is and karma, and whaaaa whaaa whaaa, all that has nothing to do with mechanical aptitude, you either have it or you learn it, or you don't if so stop here, and if you have not picked it up yet in your life time then step away from the VISE GRIP's and sell your projects and keep your nice late model camaro, there is nothing wrong with that..Or start by posting what the problem is with the car, and asking what is wrong and how do I fix it. Instead of just complaining about it and taking pictures of it sitting in front of your garage..SYMPATHY is some where between SHIT and SYPHILIS in the dictionary and Unless we are all nurses we don't have the patience for either, atleast I don't. You said you you wish you there was a Dr. Phil for cars, you have it right in front of your getting pissed at it/us/me as you read this, use it for good instead of evil, ask questions do research, get dirty make mistakes learn from them, dust your self off and make that thing run..305, 350, 400, it makes no difference, if you buy a crate motor from GM and stick that Dura Shine edelbrock and your extra long chrome dip stick on it you are gonna have the same problems as the motor you have now, lack of reasearch and knowledge.. Maybe you think I am being harsh on you, maybe I am, I don't have all the answers, but I have learned alot by making mistakes, and how to avoid pissing good money to bad from it. I just don't wanna see you or anybody else waste your hard earned cash on JUNK when you don't need it. Sorry for the rant, but I keep reading how pissed you are about it, but have yet read about how you have tried everything to fix it.. Post questions, everybody here is here as friends, to help each other. I ask ton's of questions. just because you don't know how to do something doe'snt make you less cool it, makes you a FOOL for not asking when someone else has either done it or does it on a regular basis. Do you think I want to put my front end on with out the proper degree of caster or camber set into it, hell no so I ask, I read, I ask again, then I pull the trigger..There are alot of guys on here that have a huge wealth of knowledge, we have U.S. Serviceman who have worlds of life experience, we have private business owners, who battle everyday to make a buck, we have current, and retired autoworkers (ok some worked for FORD) but who have a wealth of knowledge, we have corperate america
business employee's, and we have DOUG ICE who has been to more car related events than cars that show up to most events...So post your punch list of questions and I promise someone will have an answer.. Or just give it to me and I will try to get it running and have a cool Z-28 (less those wheel's I have to agree with Steve) to cruise this summer, now where did I put my silk shirt and my gold medallion...Once again Kenny please don't take offense, just be counter productive and do something about it make it run.. Ryan (TOUGH LOVE CONSOLER 09)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 11th 2009, 8:30 pm

Is this a prevue of the new show starting next week on MTV, Tough Love? In the promo I saw, the host didn't have any facial hair, but he was mean. You're right I have been to a few auto events but I started years ago before your were born and if I could have the money back from all the entries and addmissions I've paid, I could have a nice car and not have to associate with you low lifes. As it is, my ride is about the lowest so I'm stuck here having fun and taking #@&%(poop). I guess I'll just get upset and stay home this summer and stay around the house, and do house work, and watch TV with my family all the time, and spend all my free time with my wife, and not see the number of friends that I meet at the races, and just stay home and pet the dog......Maybe I won't get upset. I can take the dog with me and pet her at the car shows. Man that was close.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2009, 9:11 pm

Is that close enough to Dr. Phil for ya Kenny? You should watch what you ask for, you may get it. lol
By the way I agree with Ryan 100%
Just don't take everything to heart. Work on your ride and when you screw up, learn from your mistakes. Everyone on here has.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 11th 2009, 9:19 pm

See Doug thats where your wrong, mine is the lowest, just ask Dog.. I think we bottomed out on an ant we ran over leaving his house... Oh and if you mean bottom as like the least , lowest form , at the low end.. then I still have you beat, its a CHEVY no body will follow me because of the exhaust of burning fossil fuels, no body will ride with me because of the dried seat faom that penetrates the eyes and cause temporary blindness, or in damp weather due to the smell of mouse pee.. But you know what, it runs and gets me to where I wanna go without a hick-up......so far....... And I only wish I had half the life experiences you have had....We have been to a lot of the same places, probably at the same times back in the day(my dad was a NHRA NATIONAL RAT like yourself). And I'd like to think I have done a lot in the 40 years that the good lord has given me, lord knows I have the scars to prove it.. And like I have said before, I call it like I see it, and I would rather be hated as a (BEEP ( if thats how you/others see me) that loved for something I am not which is a sugar coating liar.. Yes those wheels look wrong on that car...lol Love ya dougie Ryan..Oh hey pet your doggie once for me..... Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 11th 2009, 9:21 pm

And Doug I mean that as a compliment.. If I want advice from someone that has been there done that I look to you! Who has done more and seen more than you other than Madonna very few....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2009, 9:29 pm

LRS30 wrote:And Doug I mean that as a compliment.. If I want advice from someone that has been there done that I look to you! Who has done more and seen more than you other than Madonna very few....
You are going to make his head swell. He won't be able to get through the doorway at work Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous March 11th 2009, 9:59 pm

RebStew wrote:You are going to make his head swell. He won't be able to get through the doorway at work Laughing

Nah, they got a couple of big really doors back in shipping. :king:
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 11th 2009, 10:25 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:big really doors
See the swelling has already started pushing on his brain. He's saying stuff backwards. It's all your fault Ryan. He'll be drooling all over the glass in the short bus by tomorrow.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next