{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Next Camaro Project

Go down

The Next Camaro Project Empty The Next Camaro Project

Post by Z-YOU June 6th 2011, 4:47 am

The clutch in the Camaro is loosing some of its grip so I guess it's time to start gathering parts.

While I'm at it I'm going to replace the Syncro's in the 6-speed, put new u-joints in the driveshaft, and I'm going to put the rear components back to stock configuration. I installed an aftermarket adjustable torque arm that's coming out and the oem piece is going back in. That'll happen during the clutch swap. I have some delrin dual adjustable lower control arms and those are coming out for some nonadjustable LCAs with urethane bushings. I also have a kit that repositions the LCAs to put them at a better angle for launch and they're coming out - maybe this week. All this stuff went in to improve the 60' times at the track and none of it really did a thing except getting rid of the oem stamped steel lower control arms. Mostly what all of the aftermarket parts did was remove all of the rear suspension parts that insulate the car from noise and as a result, the car isn't nearly as much fun to drive - and my stuff is primarily for daily driving duty, not the drag strip. If I find a nice bone stock LS6 at the right price I'll yank the forged stroker motor in the blink of an eye.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down