{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is still hope.

3 posters

Go down

There is still hope. Empty There is still hope.

Post by Reb Stew January 30th 2014, 5:54 pm

I sometimes sit and shake my head. When I was growing up we had roll models we looked up to. Real or fake they meant something. Words of songs someone wrote. Actors that didn't have to say a foul word to make you listen to him. A cartoon that done the bad guys in and would kick the snot out of Beavis and Butthead if they had the chance. I wonder where that has gone at times and wonder if my kids will ever understand what I'm saying. In a world of Justin Bieber pissing in a garbage can or getting a DUI and getting away with what he does. Then we have girls such as Miley Cyrus that for lack of a better word would be called a slut or whore in my younger years. It's scary.. Actors, singers and more in todays world look down on most. It does however make me feel pretty good when I see someone famous act as a human being and not some rich jerk.

Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

There is still hope. Empty Re: There is still hope.

Post by Chris55 January 30th 2014, 10:43 pm

That's cool, but I'm still not sure there's hope. There are way to many losers who have become role models today. Some how we've ended up with a generation of give me people, in a society that no longer values hard work and honesty. What's valued now is trash behavior and laziness. I'm sure not all of our hero's were saints, but it wasn't something they bragged about or something to be proud of. I guess I'm just old, I still hold the door for people, still say please, thank you, and excuse me. I still stand and remove my hat when the flag comes by, and shake some ones hand when I meet them. I say sir of ma'am to my elders, (although there aren't to many of those) and believe a man when he gives his word. I always strive to do my best, and give a full days work. I teach my children these things, as I know some of you do, but I'm afraid we are in the minority in this day and age, and that really has me worried. I'll get of my soapbox now.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 31st 2014, 3:27 pm

Stay right on that soap box, and keep on preaching, and beating your fist on the desktop, because if people from our generation don't keep reminding others how it was and how it should be, it will all go down that much quicker. Aretha said it best- R-E-S-P-E-C-T. That's what people need to show to each other, and firstly to themselves. Beeber and Cyrus have no self respect- it's all about the money... a lot of it started with the shock-jock era with the radio DJ's (and I can't even thin k of their names even though they were nationally syndicated) getting away with acting the way they did. Once they made millions doing it and didn't get there a$$e$ handed to them for doing it, then everyone else decided they could be disrespectful to the rest of the world.

Lord knows I ain't perfect, but I do hope when I'm a-standin at that spot in purgatory, that I can get the green light to go where respectful souls go. Kinda reminds you of drag racin' don't it- you don't want to red light at purgatory do you?
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down