{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard

+5
oldman
Blue Eyed Devil
Admin
Chris55
911TAZZ
9 posters

Go down

forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard  Empty forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard

Post by 911TAZZ September 13th 2014, 10:41 pm

Facebook seems to be killing the forum. I check the forum everyday and usually I see nothing. My plans for the rest of today and probably tomorrow is to give the garage a good cleaning so that pops 55 can get some much needed attention. I've heard him and mom talking about wishing it was running so that they could enjoy it before something happens to either of them. Mom has had some health problems and pops is not as healthy as he let's on. My goal is to have it road worthy as soon as possible, not worried about pretty. Will start a build thread when I get started. Might see about a work session or two after I pull it out and start my list. Wish me luck, cleaning this garage is a real chore for me my adhd causes me to shut down when things look overwhelming. I have years of stuff in there and most of it isn't mine. Things dating back to my grandpa when he lived here and from my dad and my uncles. Ready to panic just thinking about going through it.
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard  Empty Re: forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard

Post by Chris55 September 14th 2014, 3:33 am

Good luck, just take it one thing at a time, it's a good thing your doing.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard  Empty Re: forum is dead, hope that means everyone is working hard

Post by Admin September 14th 2014, 3:20 pm

It's FB. No one wants to talk on any forums at this time. I like the forums but all of them I talk on are died. I even kicked the link over here for the forum on my FB page. With today's cell phones everyone uses them online and it's easier fro them to deal with FB Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil September 14th 2014, 5:38 pm

It sure sucks for us that DON'T choose to be a Facebook lemming... Evil or Very Mad
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by 911TAZZ September 14th 2014, 6:48 pm

I always check the forum first, then go to Facebook of nothing is going on here. Facebook is where I go when i want impersonal mass communication. I like the forums better honestly
911TAZZ
911TAZZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 September 14th 2014, 10:45 pm

The only reason for facebook is to see new pics of my grandkids, other than that I stay off that POS. I'm on here at least a couple times a day.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman September 15th 2014, 5:31 pm

I don't do FB so if everyone goes there, I'll just stay here, me, myself an I.......... I'll be on here till they turn my pc. off haha.................
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook September 15th 2014, 11:19 pm

I use FB because it's easier for me to load pics and update what's going on. Plus I 'live' on social media all day at my job so I can get in and get out easier.

As for me I've been busy. A good deal of things going on at work and was slammed getting Shelly's TA done for the TA Nats. I've also been dealing with stage 2 hypertension. I've had tightness in my chest and shooting pains in my right arm. This has been going on for the last 5-6 months pretty routinely. And my BP is staying in the 140/90 areas consistently even at night and when I check it in the mornings. So, I've started making some changes to diet and how I manage my time. Finally, work has begun on my 'vette project and that's been a good thing for my nerves. cheers

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE September 16th 2014, 3:26 pm

Nanook wrote:I use FB because it's easier for me to load pics and update what's going on.  Plus I 'live' on social media all day at my job so I can get in and get out easier.  

As for me I've been busy.  A good deal of things going on at work and was slammed getting Shelly's TA done for the TA Nats.  I've also been dealing with stage 2 hypertension.  I've had tightness in my chest and shooting pains in my right arm.  This has been going on for the last 5-6 months pretty routinely.  And my BP is staying in the 140/90 areas consistently even at night and when I check it in the mornings.  So, I've started making some changes to diet and how I manage my time.  Finally, work has begun on my 'vette project and that's been a good thing for my nerves.  cheers

Later,

Lee

'Mo, you are way too young to be dealing with that. Good to hear you are pro-active in change, you need to be around for Shelly and the Thomas!  
The cars should alway be relaxation therapy!

I check the forum every few days, seems I don't get the FB feeds all the time anyway. FB has killed alot of forums, thankfully my garden tractor forum is full bore and FB isn't a factor.

I'm still remodeling my mom's house so we can move in, started building a bedroom for my son the last few weeks and getting tranny back in Tahoe, also had to rebuild rear end in the son's Bronco last week too. I never get fun time to work on my projects, been restoring a Sears tractor for 2 1/2 yrs, still only 60% done.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook September 16th 2014, 3:34 pm

Yeah, I know Marty. I'm making those changes and doing a bit better so far. It's got me a tad 'off' though as my body is not quite used to the lack of fast food yet. Nothing bad but I can tell that my body is starting to adjust to things a bit. And portion size has been changed too.

Glad that things are moving forward on the house and the additions/repairs. Very Happy That will be a huge load off of your mind (and wallet) when it is all said and done. I hope you can find time to tinker on the Sears tractor soon.

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr September 17th 2014, 3:49 am

Stress is a bummer- with my business, when things get busy, and I have lots of work, I get stressed trying to figure out how it all is going to work, where the parts are coming from, etc. But I have extra money for projects and toys. When I don't have work, I stress over that, wondering when the phone is gonna ring again, and I am reluctant to use up my cashflow on toys, in case I get a job in that needs the money to expedite parts and services..... seems you can't win. Some days I just have to slow down, tell the world to go fly a kite, and relax for a day once in a while. I see one of those days coming soon- been running against the governor for a few weeks now, and a break would be nice. And now this time of year in NY, all the shows and cruises are done, so I guess I could start taking stuff down for upgrades for next year. Always remember- you came in this world with nothing, and there is a good chance that nobody is gonna take your nothing away from you, even though you still have most of it left. Just sayin'. Relax, and make yourself happy.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TAHOE September 17th 2014, 1:55 pm

dieseldr wrote:.  Some days I just have to slow down, tell the world to go fly a kite, and relax for a day once in a while.  I see one of those days coming soon-  .

I have one of those days coming Saturday. Going to Kentucky, of all places lol! , and spending the day with some buddies on garden tractors plowing fields. My back won't like it much, but will give me a brain break from "life" for a few hours.

TAHOE
Chief mechanic

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook September 17th 2014, 2:59 pm

TAHOE wrote:
dieseldr wrote:.  Some days I just have to slow down, tell the world to go fly a kite, and relax for a day once in a while.  I see one of those days coming soon-  .

I have one of those days coming Saturday. Going to Kentucky, of all places lol! , and spending the day with some buddies on garden tractors plowing fields. My back won't like it much, but will give me a brain break from "life" for a few hours.

Indeed you do need that time to yourself. Very important. Marty, have a blast coming down to the greener side of the river! Wink

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 September 23rd 2014, 12:54 pm

Just a thought, if FB is killing the forum, then close the FB page.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew September 23rd 2014, 3:41 pm

I thought about that a long time ago. When it passed my mind another chapter of the club wanted their own FB page to keep in contact with each other due to most not being interested in the forum. We have a couple going on FB now. I keep waiting for FB 15 minutes of fame to end but until something else come along it will stay. Kind of like MySpace. It took over then FB came along and no more MySpace. FB will fade but something else will take it's place. Anything to keep the fast paced world moving faster. While I don't like it, as a few of you don't that is just the world we are living in. If it wasn't for keeping in contact with the club I would turn my computer off all together. I'm done with the rat race I use to live in. Sooner or later I won't have a phone or computer. Cave man style.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down