{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More snow!

+7
junkyardjeff
John B
TAHOE
dieseldr
big dogs 42
Chris55
Reb Stew
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

More snow! - Page 3 Empty Re: More snow!

Post by dieseldr February 18th 2014, 4:14 pm

Finally- got a morning that it wasn't below zero. It's been brutal up here. Since the new year there have been only 5 days that the morning temp wasn't below zero. Been burning up heating fuel like no tomorrow, whether it be coal, propane or wood, I've been burning up my share of it. Supposed to be 48 thursday... believe it when I see it.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 22nd 2014, 3:56 pm

I think the snow is done around here. Last two days have been great. Now it's just a mud pit. I did haul in a load of gravel yesterday for the upper parking area and turn around. I can't see how my dad and mom put up with this mud up here for 30 years. From fall to mid spring it's a mud pit unless it freezes. I'm going to blow some money on concrete and gravel this year. It's worth it not to have to deal with the mud.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr February 22nd 2014, 5:53 pm

It's been nice here this week,with temps in the teens and twenties at night, and mid 40's the last couple days. Finally got a chance to help the mrs with her cattle barn. Got the mess there cleaned out, now when the thaw comes in april the remainder can be done up. Still got a couple three inches of snow left, and lots of polished ice with the rain and thaw. But next Thursday they are calling for below zero nights and a high of 9. But it's not s'posed to last long this time. Slow drop in temps thru the 20's during the day. Then a rebound after 9 back into the 20's the next day. It's now roller coaster weather here till mid-may, it will be up and down, cold, hot, wet, dry. That will be the end of our 8 months of winter, then we get 4 months of tough sleddin'. This polar pattern makes me think this might be a year of no summer. We had that about 15 years ago here- it struggled to get thru the seventies all summer that year. And it was wet, too. Don't want that, but don't have any control over it either.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff February 23rd 2014, 4:06 pm

Its snowing again up here,probably wont be much but I am very tired of it.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 February 23rd 2014, 5:11 pm

Yeah, the old husky was standing out in it looking at the sky.  Probably looking for more.  She loves it.  I've had to play in the snow with her quite a bit this winter.  Been a lot of fun.  It's all gone now.  Sad
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3