{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennessee Hot Rods

+3
John B
RebStew
Arieldouglas
7 posters

Go down

Tennessee Hot Rods Empty Tennessee Hot Rods

Post by Arieldouglas July 8th 2011, 6:04 pm

I was just wondering how many members are in Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky.
Any way to find out?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Tennessee Hot Rods Empty Re: Tennessee Hot Rods

Post by RebStew July 8th 2011, 6:12 pm

Sorry but as of right now we have no members in Southern Ky or TN. We are looking to open a chapter down there though if there are a few guys interested. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 8th 2011, 6:20 pm

Wonder how many from around here are registered users. I've met one guy from Clarkrange. 'Bout 1 1/2 hours from me.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 8th 2011, 6:32 pm

We have a new prospect that moved up here from Iron City TN but I don't thinks he's ever going back down there from the way I take it.
As for forum members I'm sure there are some. Bad part is we have lurkers that are on here every day but never post anything. It's been that was for years. I guess some people just don't like to post. If everyone that logged on would say at least one thing no one would be able to keep up with all the new post.
Are you out in the woods or a little bit of city life? Any other hot rodders close to you? I looked up your city on the map. I get down to TN often and have for many years but never over in your area. If I ever leave Ky, TN is where my home would be.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 8th 2011, 7:21 pm

I work in Nashville. I live in the country. Closest neighbor is 3/4 mile down the road. It's a 45 minute drive at 5:30 AM when I am on my way in. I left Nashville to get away from the crowds. It worked.
There are lots of rods and resto's around. Participation at shows is always good. And the best way to draw a crowd is to have one. Several places around have cruise-in nights. I've acctually been out of it for several years. I had custody of 3 kids from my 1st marriage and then went and married a woman with 4, added 1 more to make it even. That didn't leave much time for the cars and they got sold off to help with money. Sad
I showed the Merc to my wife and she said it was about time to get back to it. bounce Still trying to reconnect with some of the old crowd but not many are left.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by John B July 8th 2011, 7:22 pm

Watertown? Thats where Barry Floyd built a drive-in theater a few years back. Been wanting to hit that one.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 8th 2011, 7:26 pm

This is the place. We even have some folks encouraging cruising the square and organizing shows.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by oldman July 11th 2011, 5:31 pm

Hey there Arieldouglas I live in Clarkrange been to your town awhile back has it grew any like everywhere else I guess. I'm a member here but not the club.
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 11th 2011, 6:04 pm

Same with me. Like I said in the PM, I have a brother that lives in Jamestown so I'm through Clarkrange now and then. Watertown grow? not so much or so fast. One of the things I love about living here.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 11th 2011, 7:05 pm

I personally have never been there, but have a cousin that lives in Watertown, Tennessee!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas July 11th 2011, 7:28 pm

Cool! I may know him. Is he a gearhead?
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 11th 2011, 8:01 pm

No, more of a bullsh*tter than anything. Laughing

His last name is Knipper.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 11th 2011, 10:11 pm

LOL No one can say your not honest with you thoughts Greg. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster July 12th 2011, 3:33 am

RebStew wrote:LOL No one can say your not honest with you thoughts Greg. lol

I assume studying the rants of Uncle Ted all theses years has had an influence on me. cheers
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 5th 2011, 4:00 am

RebStew wrote:Sorry but as of right now we have no members in Southern Ky or TN. We are looking to open a chapter down there though if there are a few guys interested. Very Happy
Within a year we should have a chapter in Campbellesville, Ky Should take in members from E town and Glassgow too.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 5th 2011, 6:58 am

RebStew wrote:We have a new prospect that moved up here from Iron City TN but I don't thinks he's ever going back down there from the way I take it.
As for forum members I'm sure there are some. Bad part is we have lurkers that are on here every day but never post anything. It's been that was for years. I guess some people just don't like to post. If everyone that logged on would say at least one thing no one would be able to keep up with all the new post.
Are you out in the woods or a little bit of city life? Any other hot rodders close to you? I looked up your city on the map. I get down to TN often and have for many years but never over in your area. If I ever leave Ky, TN is where my home would be.
[i][u]
Dear group;
Does anyone wonder why? I tried to answer someone about a carb and got my azz whupped in an 8 page flame war! Most sane folks would be terrified to post around here! Laughing

Actually, in my experience most other forums suffer from exactly the same thing as this forum. For every former poster, there are a hundred or so who may post once or twice and several hundred others who will never post at all. Most folks are just shy and/or timid, is all. The admins that I know seem to feel that the best way to combat this issue is to have a very active forum. A dead forum is difficult to revive, as I should well know.

Controversy breeds discussion, debates, and flame wars. Those in turn generate more hits which adds new members who wish to read the current action. This increases the membership base. Most of the newbs will never post, at least not at first. However SOME of them will post and it's those posters who will increase the forum's active threads.

A forum with 20 *hot* topics is one which I consider to be vibrant and healthy. Yeah, there's gonna be arguments and pizzing contests. That's all part and parcel of an active Internet forum however, it's when people start trading the Internet for real life that things can get blurred.

When folks start thinking that the Internet IS reality, that's when it's time to re-valuate your participation. Yeah, sure, there'll be arguments out the wazoo but hey! It's just the Net! It's not real. It's only when ppl start threatening others with drive-bys and stuff that it's time to walk away from the 'puter for a while.

For instance, I was once an active member of a forum that was originally composed of some friends who were all from the same area, much like this forum. Then a *core* of second generation posters started hanging out there and things got hairy. Within a few moths, a person needed to be on that forum practically 24/7 just to stay on top of everything! The post count and hit count went sailing through the roof! Also, the membership spiraled out of sight as well. We were rivaling PBB in daily post counts for a while.

Then, wouldn't ya just know it, a very small group of people got to the point where they could no longer distinguish between the net and reality, and so what happened? The primary instigator (not me, although I was an instigator, just not the primary one) got a lifetime ban and when he went out the door, I followed him and so did all of the other active posters. And now that forum is dead'n Caesar and all the king's horses and all the king's men cannot put it back together again.

Anyway, forums can be fun, informative and a heckuva lotta laughs if everyone can keep it all in the proper perspective. And that's probably the top two reasons why people wander into forums like this one in the first place. Information and entertainment. Tech help is awesome and it's a sure-fire way to get noobs to start posting, but it's the entertainment value of the off-topic section that keeps 'em coming back for more.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin November 6th 2011, 4:58 am

Lamar you need a girlfriend. Spend some time off the net. While we like our hits on this forum we really don't care what outsiders want, do or say. This is a club forum for a car club. If you are not some retard we welcome you with open arms. Even if you are not a club member. Some such as yourself feel that it's fun to start drama. While this does get people talking it's not what the Scroungers Car Club is about. We won't put up with it and we gave you a chance but you still couldn't stop. So you my friend are banned.

This is first off, our forum. We let other on some parts of the forum so we can get to know each other. Not for hits. We have made many friends by doing this. Posting crazy stuff and long drawn out post as you do turns people off.

Life has enough drama in it. We won't have it here.

Last edited by Admin on November 6th 2011, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by hotrodaaron77 November 6th 2011, 6:20 am

Amen
hotrodaaron77