{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way I feel about rat rods

3 posters

Go down

The way I feel about rat rods Empty The way I feel about rat rods

Post by RebStew March 11th 2011, 5:39 am

I seen this over on Carter County Cruisers web site. John's always finding cool stuff like this. When they talk about the rat rod thing it hit it head on with what I think. I think the term has out grown what it once was but I still don't care for what I consider the true rat rod scene.

http://vimeo.com/20668145
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

The way I feel about rat rods Empty Re: The way I feel about rat rods

Post by RebStew March 11th 2011, 5:41 am

If you get a chance pop in on the CCC forum and check it out. Great group of guys that has always backed us up with the stuff we do.
http://www.cartercountycruisers.com/forums/index.php
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 11th 2011, 3:49 pm

RebStew wrote:When they talk about the rat rod thing it hit it head on with what I think. I think the term has out grown what it once was but I still don't care for what I consider the true rat rod scene.

It seems like the terminology has shifted in popular society.

Hot Rods are now reserved for the trailer queens and those few that are driven on the street that could be considered a "trailer queen"... those with all the body work complete and nice paint... flames in some fashion are almost a must.

Rat Rods are every thing else now. Before R.R. seemed to be reserved for how the guy in the video put it, "these guys are trying to build cars on purpose, as ruff as they can. They'll take a decent car, sand it down and leave it rusty."

Now the Rat Rod term gets put on anything that's ruff... or doesn't have "perfect paint" on it or has the flat black paint. If we were to ask the average, non car person on the street about all the cars in the Scroungers car club, most would get classified as rat rods. Some might even mix the term with a rat rod muscle car. The rat rod term seems to get put on anything like a 32 Ford running without a hood and fenders, rusty or flat black.

Now a days it seems like you have to graduate from Rat Rod to Hot Rod. You can have an very safe car with everything under the body fixed up. But if the body is orginal, with ruff paint...or a great patina...or some rusty fenders that you've put off fixing... you've got yourself a rat rod. Once you up grade that body to something other than rust or flat black, well now it's a Hot Rod... maybe Very Happy
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU March 11th 2011, 5:16 pm

To me, it really doesn't matter what term someone else applies to a car. Rat Rod is the term de jure. For the person that doesn't know any better, when someone has a "Rat Rod" for sale, it makes it worth more money than just saying it's a project car that needs to be finished. A rose by any other name, right? Or even a Ray by any other name.

Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down