{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken

+20
Chris55
Nanook
Arieldouglas
JRiggs
Lady rebel
Reb Stew
Butch Thompson
SMOKNZ
Rebel girl
jbs10
da injun
Cratethis
Truxter Fordly
Z-YOU
Crucial
hotrodaaron77
junkyard junky
RebStew
falconwagon62
Kyle
24 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken - Page 3 Empty Re: Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken

Post by RebStew June 29th 2011, 2:36 am

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken - Page 3 Empty Re: Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken

Post by Kyle August 1st 2011, 12:05 pm

Cool
Kyle
Kyle
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 1st 2011, 5:34 pm

Can you tell that Aryan spends too much time on YouTube. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl August 1st 2011, 10:18 pm

too much time on the computer ... cumputers need sleep too!
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SMOKNZ August 2nd 2011, 1:44 am

Rebel girl wrote:too much time on the computer ... cumputers need sleep too!

Sleep, what's that? My computer sleeps when I sleep.. Very Happy

SMOKNZ
SMOKNZ
Scrounger

Number of posts : 664
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 7:58 pm

People keep asking me why I'm not working on the Firebird. Why haven't you cut the front springs down? Why haven't you put the rear spoiler on??? Why haven't you been driving the car??? On and on and on.

Let start by saying the guy I traded the Mustang to screwed me over.

RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:10 pm

A guy named Rick had the Firebird. We traded. When I looked at the title it was in some other guys name, Travis. I wasn't too for sure of the deal and figured he was jumping title. I ask who Travis was and Rick said it a guy he knows. I checked the VIN like I use to do when I repo'd. Last 4 numbers where the same. I ask about Travis and what he had done to the car. I figured Aryan would be keeping this one so all the history I could find out would be nice to have. He told me some stuff and then we parted ways. Long story short the car was a mess. I sunk a lot of cash into the car to just get it running. I get it running and drive to the DMV 1 time there. I get upstairs and the place is closed. They close at 4:00 it was 4:02 silent Next day is Saturday. They close early so I had to get in there to get tags. I went to have an inspection done and the girl freaks out. The VIN is wrong! She looks again and again. Someone forgot a number on the title. To be honest I didn't think much of it at the time. Leave it alone or fix it for me is what was in my head. She grabs a pen and writed VOID over my paper work. She walks into the DMV and makes a big deal about it with the clerk and then tells me she's keep a VTR for this car at her office and I have to get a new title from Ohio.

Last edited by RebStew on August 6th 2011, 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:21 pm

So that's two trips to the DMV. I call Rick up and tell him the problem. He says he will take care of it and not to worry. Weeks go by. I keep calling. I ask him about this Travis a few times. He makes out like they are friends and it's no big deal to get the title fixed. More time rolls by. I get a number for Travis. I call and call but all it does is ring. No machine and no one ever picks up. I go to the DMV, they call it BMV in Ohio. 3rd trip to DMV. I explain what is going on and she looks some stuff up. She then tells me there is nothing they can do because I have to go to Clermont County where the title was done. confused I told her I couldn't get a hold of Travis and would they need him there to fix this. She says no. They made the error they will look in their system, find it and fix it. So I think I may have this one figured out. I still keep trying to call Travis. No luck. I call Rick one more time. He says he can't find his number but it's around here. If nothing else he will drive to his house to get him to contact me. At this point I'm getting mad. I ask Rick if he even knew Travis. Oh Yes! He does landscaping and went on like they were friends. I started wondering about if this would get taken care of so I ask him about the Mustang. He tells me he traded it for a 1970 Dodge dart with a 6 banger in it. I thought he did a bad trade with that one for sure but either way the Mustang is gone.

Last edited by RebStew on December 13th 2011, 12:11 am; edited 4 times in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:23 pm

So Rick tells me not to worry he will fix it. So the other day I head to The DMV over there. I walk in and the place is packed. 4th time at a DMV. I get up to the front of the line to only find out I'm in the wrong line. I have to start all over. I get up to the next line and make it to a clerk. I tell her everything and she then tells me the title wasn't done in Clermont Co. and I'd have to go to Brown Co. I told her Hamilton Co told me to come here. She looks at the title again and then tells me it won't do any good anyway. The title is too old. Question What? She then tells me that none of the DMV's can bring anything up on the computer because they trash all the records after so many years.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:36 pm

My blood preasure is now going through the roof. She ask someone else that is in charge to help me out. The lady was real nice. She said she could fix it if I brought Rick in. I explained about not being able to get a hold of him but I was going to try. She then gave me some papers and said if he can't make it in to get him to fill these out and she would take care of it.

Last edited by RebStew on December 13th 2011, 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:42 pm

So more calls to Travis but no one picks up the phone. I look online and Riggs posts a link on hert with the Mustang on CL. I look and it's Rick. He didn't trade it off for a Dart. That was all blow! I replied to his CL add and give him an earfull. Most have seen me go off. It was beyond that. HAhA h

He calls and leaves a measage saying not to worry that he will fix it. lol This guy is a work of art. So I take off in search of Travis. I find his house and knock on the door. I was expecting the worse. After all this I figured I wouldn't get anything done. His wife opens the door and I explain to her what all is going on. She's seems to be a very sweet lady and says there should not be any problems getting Travis to sign the papers and that they just went through the same thing with a car they bought. Travis was gone but I got his cell number and they let me know to stop the next day and he would sign them.

Last edited by RebStew on December 13th 2011, 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 August 6th 2011, 8:47 pm

I feel you pain brother, at least its only a county or two away, not 100's of miles.....What is rick's last name, I have ALOT of buddies still in Clermont and Brown...pain is a good teacher, always check the whole VIN and title....had small issue with AMX...he signed it in the wrong area....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:48 pm

So today I call Travis and tell him I'm leaving the house and will be there in a hour. I can get tags Monday and be done with this headache. I drive up there and open the folder of papers I have collected trying to get the title fixed and see it has a place for his name and SS # I didn't like that when I seen it. Travis was home and I explained everything. When I showed him the paperwork he didn't want to fill it out because of the part about the SS# He ask when I was going back to the DMV to get this fixed and I said Monday. He said he would meet me there. I understand completely how he feels. I wouldn't have let some stranger run off with my SS # either. I have no idea why they still put that on stuff with all the issue of identity theft.

Last edited by RebStew on December 13th 2011, 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:52 pm

Monday I have to call Travis and get him to meet me at the DMV. As of now everything looks good. Travis and I talked for a while. Travis seems to be pretty cool. He doesn't even know this Rick. It was just a CL trade and the truck he got for the Firebird blew up as he pulled into the driveway. Mad He did give me a little history on the car that I didn't know which was cool.

Last edited by RebStew on August 6th 2011, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2011, 8:54 pm

falconwagon62 wrote:I feel you pain brother, at least its only a county or two away, not 100's of miles.....What is rick's last name, I have ALOT of buddies still in Clermont and Brown...pain is a good teacher, always check the whole VIN and title....had small issue with AMX...he signed it in the wrong area....
Not sure right now without going through my email but Rick lives in IN. I'm sure he is just jumping titles on every car he has. I may look into the laws a bit and if it's what I think it is I'll get a title for the Stang and have a repo company pick it up. Evil or Very Mad
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle September 18th 2011, 3:08 pm

Laughing Cool
Kyle
Kyle
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 September 18th 2011, 5:34 pm

Been over a month, how about an update...
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 13th 2011, 12:24 am

This has been nuts. Last Friday I made it back to my DMV. With a little help from some people in Ohio BMV and Ky's DMV the Firebird is now 100% legal! The right VIN is on the title! I got the tags! The first time the car was put in the system in 1979 they messed up the VIN. There was no record of the car or should I say the right VIN since it was bought from the dealership as a new car. Aryan is happy!
Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken - Page 3 019-6
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 13th 2011, 12:26 am

Almost 7 months messing with this. Evil or Very Mad
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 December 13th 2011, 1:04 am

OH HAPPY DAY.....
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle April 22nd 2012, 9:11 pm

dad was talking to a guy about a shot gun scoup for my car. I hope he buys it. Cool
Kyle
Kyle
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson April 23rd 2012, 5:28 am

Are you talking about something like this? Its yours! cheers
Aryan's 1979 Firebird ~ The Fire Chicken - Page 3 Nova45
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle April 24th 2012, 12:49 am

yes
Kyle
Kyle
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next