{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 5:47 pm

People kept telling me to go to Rent N Roll to get the tires put on. I know this may sound bad but I wouldn't never set foot in the door of that place because it seems like some shading, hip hop, thug want to be store. I heard stories about them renting rims and people not paying for them and them jacking their cars up to take them and even cutting the valve stems so the person couldn't leave the store they were at so R-N-R could get someone over there with jacks to get their rented rims back. Leaving the car wheelless and sitting. First off that's illigal. In the state of Ky it's a civil matter by that point and they would have to take them to court to get them back. Strong arming someone, even if they should can land them in to court with a huge law suite. I don't think that happens like it did when they first opened but that's why I never messed with them.

Anyway I bite the bullet and called them after I spent 60 bucks for 2 tires to get mounted. $20.00 plus tax. Mounted, high speed balanced and chrome valve stems. I guess sometimes my thought about places stands in the way of saving money. I should have called them first. I still would rent rims from them but hey that's just me.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 5:49 pm

New shoes. The 'Bird needs one of the leaves taken out of the back to get in down a couple inches. We will do that soon.

Last edited by RebStew on March 13th 2012, 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 5:50 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 00810
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 5:58 pm

It was funny, last night I was at a Newport City Meeting and afterwards a cop stopped in the parking lot and was chatting with me about the car. He said all the cops were calling me Mad Max because you would see this loud, old rough looking car with what he called a blower on it cruising through Newport through the crowd of newer cars. He said it looked like something you would see ripping the streets up at the begining of the apocalypes.

Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis March 13th 2012, 7:10 pm

It did take the Burlington Rat Rod award lol!

The new shoes look good by the way!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 March 13th 2012, 7:42 pm

The rims look pretty cool, cheers not real traditional but cool confused ( I don't really want to start another war). Sleep It does look like you either need to lower it some or put some air sick bags in it. affraid With that style tires/rims ya need the fender opening as close to the tire as possble. As you take height out of the rear, won't that raise the front some? scratch Are ya planning on bagging it? That way you could really control the stance. study That's what it's all about: rims, tires and stance. Now with gloss black Trans Am strips, badges and lettering over the satin black finish and you're almost home. Have Junkyard Jeff get ya a new fangled music box so ya don't melt those 8-tracks in the back window, some Jenson 6x9's and yer dun. jocolor Oh yeah, ya need a re-verb to hook to that fancy radio. geek (That's one of the old sckool things I still have, was going to put it in the merc but you'd never hear it in there. lol! )
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 8:09 pm

Cratethis wrote:It did take the Burlington Rat Rod award lol!

The new shoes look good by the way!
Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 13th 2012, 8:14 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:The rims look pretty cool, cheers not real traditional but cool confused ( I don't really want to start another war). Sleep It does look like you either need to lower it some or put some air sick bags in it. affraid With that style tires/rims ya need the fender opening as close to the tire as possble. As you take height out of the rear, won't that raise the front some? scratch Are ya planning on bagging it? That way you could really control the stance. study That's what it's all about: rims, tires and stance. Now with gloss black Trans Am strips, badges and lettering over the satin black finish and you're almost home. Have Junkyard Jeff get ya a new fangled music box so ya don't melt those 8-tracks in the back window, some Jenson 6x9's and yer dun. jocolor Oh yeah, ya need a re-verb to hook to that fancy radio. geek (That's one of the old sckool things I still have, was going to put it in the merc but you'd never hear it in there. lol! )
The back tires where suppose to be wider and taller. That's why I hate buying something I can't see in person. I'm not sure about the bagging deal. I will lower it to see how it does across speed bumps and getting into the garage. To tell you the truth I really don't care for the wheel. A set of 29" tall slicks out back and skinnies up front looks the best to me. I'm trying really hard to get with this modern style stuff but I feel the cave man in me screaming for help.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by John B March 13th 2012, 11:42 pm

RebStew wrote:A set of 29" tall slicks out back and skinnies up front looks the best to me. I'm trying really hard to get with this modern style stuff but I feel the cave man in me screaming for help.

Phooey on the modern style.

Here's a cool thread on that one forum about the next big trend (ok maybe not)

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671112
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew March 14th 2012, 12:45 am

I hate to say it but that's the era I dig.Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 14th 2012, 1:09 am

RebStew wrote:I hate to say it but that's the era I dig.Very Happy

That's where we came from! Twisted Evil
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 March 14th 2012, 1:06 pm

Arieldouglas wrote:

What? The cave?
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 14th 2012, 4:19 pm

FalconEddie1964 wrote:
Arieldouglas wrote:

What? The cave?

You expect us to brlieve you never owned any spring shackles? Rolling Eyes
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 March 14th 2012, 7:19 pm

I must admit that I never did. My old Ford was high enough just by flipping the factory shackles. I've about always had air shocks in everything I drove except that old white Ford I got now.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas March 14th 2012, 7:30 pm

Close Enough. cheers
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 March 14th 2012, 7:43 pm

RUebStew wrote:I hate to say it but that's the era I dig.Very Happy

UUMMMM.....yeap, what he said. cheers
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto March 14th 2012, 9:50 pm

I think that a lot of us started there. I never did like shackles. It was always Gabriel Hi Jackers for me! To me, the Vega on that page has the perfect stance.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Brownie March 15th 2012, 12:51 am

Chris55 wrote:

Wow Chris!

With the look of that 55 I would have never thought that!
lol!
Brownie
Brownie
Scrounger

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2011-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 March 15th 2012, 1:51 am

Brownie wrote:
Chris55 wrote:

Wow Chris!

With the look of that 55 I would have never thought that!
lol!

I have no idea what your talking about. lol!
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 17th 2012, 5:31 am

I pulled through the burger joints drive thru and this chick stuck her head out the window and was looking at the Fire Chicken tonight. She didn't say a word for a long time and kept looking at the engine. She looked at me confused and said " Your engine is sticking outside the body of your car .?!?!??" I replied, Yeah. Again she looked at the car for a long time and then looks at me puzzled and said...WHY?
With a twist of the key the pipes opened up and shock the little girls window as I grabbed my food.
Laughing The look on her face had me cracking up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucial April 17th 2012, 6:15 am

ROFL
Crucial
Crucial
wrench fetcher

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl April 19th 2012, 3:10 am

Changed the front seats. It now has all four seats. cheers Mom took the night off so we went for a little family cruise.
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 17th 2012, 7:39 pm

This car was stripped down into racing trim years ago. The last few years I have been trying to make it more streetable. I have never had any trouble with the Newport cops but that's due to politics. They all know me down here. It's funny to to see the look on some peoples faces when I drive it to a city meeting, pulling into the parking lot and rattling the windows in city hall. I did have a Covington cop tell me the car was not street legal and to get it out of his city. The car is very loud. I have been told many times that people can hear it coming from 3 or 4 blocks away. The 30 over 454 makes some tones with nothing other than header bombs under it.

The looks of the car and the way it sounds was fine with me. Everyone ask when are you going to paint it or finish it? Well there is no due date on this car. I've had it over 20 years and it's not going anywhere. The car has everyone scratching their heads when they see it. They don't understand. Well that's one reason it stays the way it is. I like to see them confused. Not many get it, maybe 1 out of 100. It's the rules of my mind that bucks the system and doesn't really care what others think. It's fast, loud and scares the crap out of babies and litte old ladies! Very Happy
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 17th 2012, 7:44 pm

As stated above I didn't mind the hi notes the car was pushing. Problem is now that there is more than a drivers seat the family jumps in with me to do a little cruising. You can't hear each other talk and other than the pipes you can hear a little bit of the music if you have it bumped up all the way.
Time for a change.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 01611
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew May 17th 2012, 7:48 pm

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 00311

2 1/4" pipes. That will kill the noise. Problem is it will kill the flow too.
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 17 00111
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next