{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

+38
Marty042
Reb Stew
Brownie
TurboPinto
John B
Chris55
Arieldouglas
Crucial
falconwagon62
hotrodaaron77
Torque
jbs10
Z-YOU
Admin
Vickers
cornfield customs
SMOKNZ
Butch Thompson
hp77skylark
Hellvis
chev_hotrod
ss 383
CustomCabby
magicman_1968
cruisinlow71
DEMONSPEED
FalconEddie1964
RustyKarr
JRiggs
6-71Kid
LRS30
xycho_wraith
big dogs 42
silveradolady
Cratethis
Lady rebel
RebStew
Rebel girl
42 posters

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 12 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by RebStew September 15th 2010, 5:31 am

hp77skylark wrote:I thought you wanted to get rid of the go fast goodies, not get go faster goodies.
Not really wanting to slow it down as much as I want to improve drivability. Fly on the open road and be able to handle on a dime. I think with what I have worked out I can have the best of both worlds.Being able to take it on a long haul is the main goal. Like out to the salt flats or some place like that. Twisted Evil
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 12 Empty Re: Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird

Post by hp77skylark September 15th 2010, 5:33 am

No doubt they make the power, the way they run on the tv shows i watch the best way to build power and keep the drive ability at a premium. Little on the expensive side aint they?
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson September 15th 2010, 5:39 am

hp77skylark wrote:I thought you wanted to get rid of the go fast goodies, not get go faster goodies.
gearhead with a head full of fun Cool
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 15th 2010, 5:41 am

With fabricated parts and everything to do the job it's around 28 to $3000.00 I'm hoping to shop for stuff and try to buy some stuff online around Christmas time. That way no one is running bids up. If all goes well with catching some deals I hope to be in it for $2k to $2300.00 if I'm lucky.

Last edited by RebStew on May 2nd 2011, 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 15th 2010, 5:41 am

Butch Thompson wrote:
gearhead with a head full of fun Cool
Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark September 15th 2010, 6:05 am

I hope it all goes as planned don't think anybody around here runs turbos on anything MADE IN AMERICA. Thing should fly.
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU September 15th 2010, 6:15 am

Say it ain't so! But yeah, we know some f-body guys running turbos on the LT & LS engines.

It'll be fun to see this happen, but that's a whole lot of hardware that'll have to be stuffed under the front end of that old bird. I know you can do it, but now we're talking fairly complex electronic fueling and boost controls and tuning. I've got to make sure I get my jobs done around the house this winter so I can watch this.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 15th 2010, 6:20 am

I'm not as much of a cave man as I pretend to be. I've been reading up on the stuff too. The self adjustable fuel regulators for a turbo are a trip. Who would have thunk they would have made such a thing. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 15th 2010, 6:52 am

One thing I could use a hand on if there is anyone out there that knows what to do with the carbs. With the turbo set up I want to use you have to do some work on the carbs. I'd like to keep the Edelbrocks because that would save me some money since I already have them. I can't find anything on doing the upgrade to the Edelbrock so they will work with the turbo. I have read everything I could find on the conversion but they are all about Holley's. I know you have to take out the power valve and drill the holes out and replace the brass floats because the preasure will crush them on a Holley. What about an Edelbrock? Anyone know about converting these? I guess If I can't figure it out I'll try Edelbrock Tech Line. If it is a no go with the Edelbrocks that will boost my budget up another 8 or 900 bucks for a set of Holley's. I also want to convert the carbs to E85 too. I think the turbos would like it better. It's free octane, besides running cooler.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU September 15th 2010, 3:06 pm

It's an area in which I do not have any expertise. But there isn't anything new out there doing a search. The question about the edelbrocks was asked a number of times on forums a half a dozen years ago & the issues are: no solid floats are made for the edelbrock and the vacuum secondaries are problematic with blow through. Also, dual carbs are (according to some who have tried boost with two carbs) very difficult to get right. Since a single 600 cfm carb will act like a 1200 cfm carb when used for blow through, maybe you can sell/trade the T/R setup for a single intake & Holley.

I would do as you suggest first, & contact Edelbrock tech.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Torque September 16th 2010, 1:27 pm

I maybe able to get one holley that is setup for boost.

Torque
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 16th 2010, 5:53 pm

Torque wrote:I maybe able to get one holley that is setup for boost.
Thanks man but I'm gonna keep the tunnel ram set up. If I have to go with a set of Holley's I'll grab some 390 cfm's. The single carb would work good but I'm shooting for something that looks different. I haven't see a tunnel ram, twin turbo set ups running on the streets yet.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 September 16th 2010, 6:21 pm

That will be a cool setup......
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 16th 2010, 6:23 pm

magicman_1968 wrote:That will be a cool setup......
I think so too. Something different. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Butch Thompson September 16th 2010, 9:19 pm

who is this lol hey stranger
Butch Thompson
Butch Thompson
National Sergeant at Arms

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 September 16th 2010, 10:35 pm

Butch Thompson wrote:
who is this lol hey stranger
Thats funny....thats what the people up work call me......maybe that be my new cb handle Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU September 16th 2010, 11:14 pm

Man, those 390 holleys are expensive!
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 16th 2010, 11:54 pm

Z-YOU wrote:Man, those 390 holleys are expensive!
Yea. Nuts for a small carb to cost as much as some of the bigger ones. Guess they don't sell to many of those.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by hp77skylark September 17th 2010, 4:44 am

How price wise does the turbos compare to the vortex superchargers and are the power and driveability numbers comparable? Question
hp77skylark
hp77skylark
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 17th 2010, 6:21 am

I would think driveability is about the same. The kit Jegs shows for a super charger in $1999.99.. It's easier to hook up and not as much of a heat issue. Twin turbos are more $$ plus you have heat issues to deal with. More plumbing and work to get everything to fit but you are also gaining more HP than the super charger.
The super charger was boosting under 200 More HP and with the turbos it can get crazy depending on what size turbo and the set up. The turbos I'm shooting for are the t4's / 70mm. Okay size and anything bigger than that you start dealing with other issues as for drivability for a daily driver.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs September 20th 2010, 1:00 am

JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU September 20th 2010, 1:26 am

$250 for a 70mm t3 seems like a pretty good deal.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew September 20th 2010, 1:51 am

I'm going to buy two new one so I know what I have. So many companies are making these you really never know what you are getting unless you buy it new and make sure it comes with the right stuff.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew October 4th 2010, 7:00 am

Pics of the wheels I bought for the Bird. No work yet. Just collecting parts. 17X8 for the front and 18X10's for the back
Broken Wing Project. The 'Bird - Page 12 104
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU October 4th 2010, 3:05 pm

Nice. Should be a good addition.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next