{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car

+28
1/2done
xycho_wraith
Cratethis
LOCO64
silveradolady
puddin head
The Skirt
Admin
falconwagon62
fuel10922
46underconstruction
Lady rebel
FalconEddie1964
tc fairlane
RustyKarr
junkyard junky
big dogs 42
magicman_1968
nitrowarrior
tiresmoke55
chev_hotrod
junkyardjeff
1.8t89Jetta
Mr. Fabulous
LRS30
JRiggs
6-71Kid
RebStew
32 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 Empty Re: Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car

Post by 1.8t89Jetta November 20th 2007, 2:26 am

So, whats the plan for the motor? Something big I hope. Forced Induction would be my preferance.

1.8t89Jetta
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 Empty Re: Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car

Post by RebStew November 20th 2007, 2:43 am

1.8t89Jetta wrote:So, whats the plan for the motor? Something big I hope. Forced Induction would be my preferance.
if you go to track talk down at the bottom of the forum there is a post on there about what motor to use. you can vote on it and we may use what ever is picked
https://scroungerskycc.forumotion.com/track-talk-f27/what-engine-should-we-run-in-the-gasser-t205.htm
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 20th 2007, 2:53 am

If some one has a nice Induction set-up they wanna donate that would be killer..... or maybe a Hillborn set-up ..Hell I'd like to see a nice 327 with a carb show up..I still say we use a nice cheap engine that is user and wallet friendly... something period for a gasser....289 ford would be nice hell anything beats what we have...lol . I like the 460 Ford but thats gonna be hard on the wallets....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 20th 2007, 3:27 am

thing is in time the car will find a SBC in it I think. It would be cool to have a 460 but we are going to blow the engine. even with a rev limiter it will one day die. we won't be able to get a 460 again without tossing some $$ at it. so if we go with what we can afford then we will have a huge firewall hole from the 460. also we haven't measured yet but we may set the firewall back. if we do the 460 may be in the way of the master cylinder. yes we can move it but it is taking up more time fabbing when we could toss something in it and go. I like the idea of the 460 I'm just wondering how long it would be down when we blow 2 rods through the block. then we start over with making new frame mounts, making headers, new trans, trans cross member, shifter set up and redoing the firewall so it doesn't look like crap with a small block sitting in a big gaping hole. I'm up in the air. I like the 460. it would look cool in it. but a mild built small block chevy would put a hurtin' on a 79 smog, stock 460. I'll leave it up to you guys what you want to do. if you want the 460 we will do it. hopefully not, but be ready for a mid season rebuild and it will cost some $$
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff November 20th 2007, 4:57 am

If you dont make up your mind on the motor soon the 460 might find its way in a mid 60s chevy II,I will put a 514 stroker kit and other goodies in it and blow away any sbc you can come up with. Razz Razz Razz Razz

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 20th 2007, 5:20 am

sounds like a challenge
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 20th 2007, 3:18 pm

junkyardjeff wrote:If you dont make up your mind on the motor soon the 460 might find its way in a mid 60s chevy II,I will put a 514 stroker kit and other goodies in it and blow away any sbc you can come up with. Razz Razz Razz Razz
lol!
you may be able to do that but putting a 514 stroker together would make me have to get a second morgage. a 350 we could get from anyone almost and build it on the cheap. the biggest thing I'm worried about is price. we couldn't build the 460 we just don't have the funds. so it would have to go in the car, stock. if we came up with a 350 almost everyone has race parts sitting on the shelf in their garage. if it was up to me I'd rather see a 460, tunnel ram with a 540 lift cam and ported heads in the Falcon. I'm just worried about being able to pay for it.at this time we don't even have the funds to buy the 460. I hope everyone will feel a little more easy with the cash after X-mas though Smile what do the rest of you guys think about this? go with the stock 460 and hope fopr the best? I have a big block chevy that runs, I could donate if it went into the car. it's one of those funny engines that came out of a bus or dump truck. 364?? i think it is. bad thing is we would be in the same boat as the 460 we couldn't afford to build it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 20th 2007, 6:49 pm

well Steve and I worked on the Falcon last night for a bit, I finished up the spring hangers and Steve cleaned up the frame rail on the passenger side. Looks like I will be out of town again this weekend, but will be back at it come Monday if anyone wants to come out and lind a hand, if not thats fine as well...My plan is to free up some space in my garage to give us more working room, for tools and such.I think that with a good wrench session the Falcon could be on 4 wheels once again, I need to get up the street and give Ferrell a hand with his and looks as my brother's 29 A project is gaining steam once again.So once again my winter will be filled with sparks-a-flying and not a one on my car as always........But thats just the way it goes for me........lol!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 21st 2007, 1:37 am

I'm making room down here. when we get a few things done on it we can bring it here so you have some room. we need to get past the holidays I think and maybe we can get a day worked out when we can get a few guys working on it. when we get the gasser on 4 wheels again we can have a session on the 54 chevy or Ferrels if ya want. or your brothers for that matter. we can hold off on the gasser and hit Ferrels and get some stuff done. what ever ya want to do.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 25th 2007, 4:51 am

Jonathan and I worked on the trunk lid a little tonight. we cut out the bracing. we left the outer bracing so it wouldn't be too flimsy. the glue they use to stick the bracing to the shell is some tough stuff. it took a bit but we got her loose. the hinges, rods, trunk lock and latch will also be removed for weight reduction. we need to get 2 sets of hood pins to hold the deck lid down.

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 Picture654

the hood is next Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 25th 2007, 6:38 am

I like what I see anybody wanna make some sparks Monday? I'm game for anytime on Monday....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 26th 2007, 3:19 am

So is anybody up for a Falcon Session this week????
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod November 26th 2007, 5:01 am

RebStew wrote:Jonathan and I worked on the trunk lid a little tonight. we cut out the bracing. we left the outer bracing so it wouldn't be too flimsy. the glue they use to stick the bracing to the shell is some tough stuff. it took a bit but we got her loose. the hinges, rods, trunk lock and latch will also be removed for weight reduction. we need to get 2 sets of hood pins to hold the deck lid down.

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 Picture654

the hood is next Very Happy
i stopped down the the lights in the garage were off went for a ride and came back by still off it was a lil late
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 29th 2007, 3:26 am

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 IMG_3460
rear spring mount

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 IMG_3461
driverside spring front to rear

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 IMG_3462
Front end gasser style....

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 IMG_3463
One more Nose UP!
Thanks to Steve, Cole,and Ronnie for all the help tonight!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 29th 2007, 7:32 am

The Gasser is Looking good guys,,, Did you guys find a name for it yet?

i wanted to stop by and check the car out tonight for the first time, butt i got stuck loading my old car up on the Roll Back tonight with rons Help,
and took it out my other garage to work on it,,, (more room)
while i was out there i went ahead and took about a Hr or so and started working on the motor in the car,, it is about 75% unhooked and almost ready to be pulled out of the 55 now,, about 30 mins more its going to be sitting in the floor,,, Cool

ill get my car running again, and when the gasser is ready,,,,all of us will go out the track, the 55 against the Gasser (that would be a fun time) we both can Blow them up together lol Just kidding,, Laughing

at least when the gasser out runs me it will have a chevy motor in it!! lol!
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 29th 2007, 7:44 am

Heres a picture of steve grinding on the frame
Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 DSCF0001

Here's how its sitting right know
Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 DSCF0003
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 29th 2007, 1:47 pm

Damn my garage is messy...."one of theses days son all this will be yours".... Thanks again guys for coming out...I'll be back Friday night so Sat could be another session only if we can find 8, 7/8" o.d. spring bushings, rubber, plastic, urethan Aluminum Laughing does not matter what size the bolt hole is we can make the bracket holes bigger if need be. I'll check at the local Goobers garage parts in Nancy, KY when I'm down there.
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by chev_hotrod November 29th 2007, 3:12 pm

LRS30 wrote:Damn my garage is messy...."one of theses days son all this will be yours".... Thanks again guys for coming out...I'll be back Friday night so Sat could be another session only if we can find 8, 7/8" o.d. spring bushings, rubber, plastic, urethan Aluminum Laughing does not matter what size the bolt hole is we can make the bracket holes bigger if need be. I'll check at the local Goobers garage parts in Nancy, KY when I'm down there.
Ryan ...thanks for having me ........always good times hanging out
chev_hotrod
chev_hotrod
Scrounger

Number of posts : 462

Back to top Go down

Scroungers C.C. 1964 Falcon Drag Car - Page 2 Empty Looks Great!

Post by 1.8t89Jetta November 29th 2007, 11:14 pm

Hey guys the progress is awsome. Its exciting to see her back down on all four tires. I love the stance too. I cant wait for more updates.
-Ian

1.8t89Jetta
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff December 1st 2007, 3:57 am

Looks good and when you are done with it I will need a chevy II done in the same way,I might be able to cheat and buy a front stub since the whole front bolts on. Razz

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 December 2nd 2007, 9:01 am

The gasser is one step closer.....My brother Kevin just found 8 spring bushings to donate to the Gasser...We are now in the home stretch of getting this thing right....Thank's bro....Ryan
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous December 2nd 2007, 4:23 pm

That thing is really looking sweet! Will it be streetable?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 2nd 2007, 7:23 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:That thing is really looking sweet! Will it be streetable?
Very Happy more on that later affraid
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by nitrowarrior December 4th 2007, 4:36 am

I am new to this forum and live too far away to dive in with some good ol' hands on labor. I did have a suggestion for your engine for this gasser project. I like the Falcon body style of that era and I think it would be great to shove a 351 W in it. Decent cubes, good winding capabilities, and if it seems to be a burden to keep it healthy, a 302 bolts right in for continuance for the passes you want to get out of the car. It wasn't a choice on the poll so I thought I'd chime in and throw a suggestion in the gambit of what to put in it. Thanks.
nitrowarrior
nitrowarrior
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew December 4th 2007, 5:15 am

we limited the options to what we knew we had or could get easy. the 351 W would be a nice engine but around here stuff is getting to be slim pickin's. my pick that I would love to see is a 4V cleavland. that is my favorite ford engine, but finding one we can afford is another thing.
I'm glad you chimed in. I like your user name and wondered if you would post anything. where are you from?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next