{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I read this little note all the time.

2 posters

Go down

I read this little note all the time. Empty I read this little note all the time.

Post by JRiggs November 8th 2007, 3:41 pm

This was in the ky post back in the late 80's when he passed on. my grandpa owned a little shop down in the west end of newport, across the street from bob summeral tire. He was an alcoholic, but one hell of a mechanic, i do not remember much about him i was young. when he died the shop was left to my dad and uncle well dad left the business and as soon as that happened my uncle lost the business. it sat empty for years something to do with a grandfather clause. (not sure what that was about), i would love to get ahold of the building. when they decide to tear it down ill be one unhappy pissed off m.f. grandpa had everything in that garage. i wish i had the balls to take down the sign. it had one of the old valvoline oil signs. the ass hats that are in there now painted it.

but heres the note:
I read this little note all the time. Grandpa1
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

I read this little note all the time. Empty Re: I read this little note all the time.

Post by RebStew November 8th 2007, 4:37 pm

that was a nice article the guy wrote for him. from what I hear they will be taking that place soon. that is where AA highway will run when it goes on through Newport. before they drop it we will stop down there one night and get something so you can keep it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

I read this little note all the time. Empty Re: I read this little note all the time.

Post by JRiggs November 8th 2007, 4:44 pm

yeah thats what scares me the most, thats the only thing i have left of my grandparents they all ready took grandmas house. i fiquered the garage would be next. be kool if i could get the sign or something. like to restore the sign org. if its not to far gone. i wonder if the old coke machines are still in the back room, in between the garage and the old liquor warehouse is a little walking path between the 2 shops i need to take a trip.....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 8th 2007, 4:52 pm

if you are talking about the small spot in the very back , I think they are gone. last time I was in there Jimmy had what was left of a stripped Corvette Piled in there. we can stop down there one day if you want to. Ronny Spangler works in there.he will let you walk around and check stuff out.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 8th 2007, 4:53 pm

thatd be kool
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down