{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

everyone please read...

+4
6-71Kid
LRS30
JRiggs
RebStew
8 posters

Go down

everyone please read... Empty everyone please read...

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 1:38 am

this is a little long so please read it all anyway. I've been telling everyone how much X mas means to me and this is one of the times I will beg. I will let Doug tell it in his own words.
Doug wrote: I got a deal I want to propose for Christmas. It has to do with the woman that had my wife's Ford and her inability to pay the tow bill, and her losing her home, and all that. Jeff got the car out of hock but he seems to think the things not big enough for him. He's got $230 in getting the car out of jail, the woman says she's got a $100 and desperately wants the car back. She was thrilled that she got her belongings back that were in the car, two coats and CD's. Granted she shouldn't have made the mistake in the first place but she put a ton of money in the brakes on that thing, new rotors, calipers, master cylinder, drums and shoes. I know that you guys down there are hard after Gasser parts, and this is some poor slug up in Dayton and you guys are in KY but I wanted to ask you if you thought some of the guys might donate $5 or $10 into a kitty to pay Jeff off so this woman could get her car back. Jeff said if he gets his money back she can have it. The thing's at his house in my wife's name with her plates on it. All she needs about $100 more to pay Jeff off. I can go $20 or so but that's about it. It just kills me that I can't help her, so I thought I'd see what you said. Only need about $5 a person to make someone really happy this time of year. Ho Ho Ho!!

Let me know what you think

This is a time of year that the ones that can help each other should. I know we all have bills and X mas is on top of us but this lady has bills and kids too. I'm sure she will be better of with a car than without one on X mas day. if you can give something, do. if not, don't. carma is a funny thing. what comes around goes around Very Happy look at it this way. what is 5 bucks to you? thats not even 2 gallons of gas any more.. santa

Last edited by on November 29th 2007, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

everyone please read... Empty Re: everyone please read...

Post by JRiggs November 28th 2007, 2:02 am

we all can understand where she is coming from. i see a pan handler everyday and just feel like giving them my shirt of my back . guess im to soft hearted. but ill give $10.00 on it.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 3:10 am

Thanks Jonathan. some of you need some incentive? how about a 8"X10" decal. you can stick it on your garage wall or where ever you want it. pretty big for a sticker. anyone that gives $6.00 or more will get one of these.
everyone please read... Picture673
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 28th 2007, 3:13 am

how many do you have i have some more if you run out.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 28th 2007, 3:13 am

coming from someone who has been on the receiving end of generous donations in a time of need I'll go $10 ..Steve you can get it from me tommorow
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid November 28th 2007, 3:17 am

I'll give at least $10 hopefully I can give more.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 3:43 am

cool. thanks a lot guys. I'll hit you up for it tomorrow if you can spare it. I may need a couple more Mr. Riggs. i'll let you know
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff November 28th 2007, 4:18 am

She is going to get the car when she gives me the first hundred and she can pay me later as I need it out of here as I found a couple crown vics I want to look at,I was looking at a wagon on ebay in New York but it needs trans work and I dont feel like going 400 miles to get it so I let it go. There is a low mile cream puff in cincy that I want to look at with only 65,000 miles but they are asking a littlle too much for it but if its still there this week end I will see how much cash they need to have to let it go. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 4:43 am

I'll toss in another $20.00 so it's not coming out of her pocket. that is getting us pretty close. anyone else?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 28th 2007, 4:54 am

I got another twenty so she can pay Jeff off in the time frame that he wants rid of the car. I really don't see how she can come up with the balance 'till way after Christmas. I don't know for sure but I'll check with the Boss when she gets home. This is really touching that you guys will try to help someone you've never met. I know my wife will be thrilled when she see's this because she was to tears when she last talked to the gal and the lady was just so happy that she could get her coats back let alone a chance to get the car. I guess I'm just an old softy, especially this time of year. Ho Ho Ho!!!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 28th 2007, 7:12 am

That is wonderfull for what everone is getting together and doing for her!!!!
I hate to hear about all the bad things that happen to good people this close to the hoildays,,

ill throw in $10 to $15 if this helps,, I cant really afford to much this week, but i guess ever little bit helps..
I can give it too steve,, just let me know when you need it, and ill drop it off that night ok, Just like most of you guys I dont know her butt i think it would be GREAT to hear that Her and the Family got the car back before x-mas!!!
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 7:16 am

thanks Dave. stop by any night this week. if I'm not here you can give it to Amy. she's the treasurer anyways.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by tiresmoke55 November 28th 2007, 7:22 am

OK sounds good,, ill see ya there
tiresmoke55
tiresmoke55
Scrounger

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2007-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by big block styleline November 28th 2007, 3:38 pm

i`m in for ten bucks. please send me your address so i can mail you a check. thanks,steve

big block styleline
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 28th 2007, 4:11 pm

big block styleline wrote:i`m in for ten bucks. please send me your address so i can mail you a check. thanks,steve
thanks a lot Steve. I will PM you my address..
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 29th 2007, 6:33 pm

thanks everyone for your donations. I'm taking the sticky off and letting this post run down. if you donated money, pass it along to Amy or me and I will see she gets it. if anyone else wants to toss in 5 bucks or whatever please do so.still not too late. thanks again. this will make someone Christmas just a little better. santa
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 29th 2007, 11:38 pm

We got about $100. That's really cool!! I just love helping people out, especially this time of year. I've been known to help a little more than I probably should. When I was growing up my Mom said I'd never have anything because I'd give it all away. Maybe next year you guys could find out how you adopt a family for Christmas down there or something and we could help somebody out a little closer to your home base. Again, thanks so very much!
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs November 29th 2007, 11:47 pm

at work here we have the option to adopt plenty of families that belong to the rape abuse a crisis center here in downtown. maybe next year we could do that. or i can ask the head lady that takes care of it how a non profit group would be able to help out.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 30th 2007, 5:19 am

Yeah, if we could kick in a little once and a while during the year to have something to buy presents or food with, it would be pretty cool. It would make ya feel good and also good community relations. Sort of a win win win situation. Just a thought.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 30th 2007, 7:13 pm

Steve Rodgers I recieved your check in the mail today. my wife got a kick out of you and your wifes name. Amy & Steve Rodgers thank you from Amy & Steve Stewart.
Doug, do you want me to cash this check with our darecare checks and just give you all cash or do you want me to just sign the check and let you cash it. it's up to you. whichever way easier on you.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 30th 2007, 8:00 pm

Yeah, Go ahead and cash it.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down