{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There might be another 460 powered vehicle in the fleet

Go down

There might be another 460 powered vehicle in the fleet Empty There might be another 460 powered vehicle in the fleet

Post by junkyardjeff June 2nd 2008, 5:06 am

I was looking for a cheap truck to use while I do the 460 swap and body and paint work on the 66 F250 so guess what I find,a 77 F150 with a 460 for 500 dollars and its a get in and drive truck that needs nothing so as soon as Dougs lincoln is gone from my yard I am bringing it home and I will be starting to work on the 66. It needs a carb so it looks like I will need to get my AFB off Dougs white wagon soon or find a good holley,with 4 dollar gas it seems those 460s are attracted to me or I am the only one stupid enough to buy big blocks. Since its a half ton it probably has a highway gear and with a little tinkering I might be able to squeeze a little more mileage out of it with a little tuning but it wont get the mileage my crown vic does but it wont be driven every day so I dont care too much,since it has a 9 inch I have a pig with 2.75 gears and if it has 3 something gears the 2.75 will be going in. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down