{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project

+5
EdgeGT
pepboys speedshop
extenzegrl
Marty042
Reb Stew
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 5:58 am

I did this one playing around. I'm sure there will be many different ones made before track day.

Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project - Page 2 Dffdsf10

Last edited by Reb Stew on February 4th 2014, 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project

Post by pepboys speedshop February 4th 2014, 2:07 pm

Reb can you E mail that in a pdf so I can send it to all my stores and start passing it out to customers.
the effort you and your members are putting forth are what is needed to save this iconic track
My work E mail is speedshop0259@pepboys.com

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 2:19 pm

Eric that is just one of the images we are going to use for the track on the computer. It doesn't have all the information on it yet. There will be a photo shoot done soon and we will use that for a flyer or poster to hang up. I'll make sure you get what you need when the proper poster/flyer is done. There will be many more like the one above. There is so much info about that track day we can't get it all on one flyer so we are doing different ones.

Anyone that wants to copy that picture and post it on your Face Book account or wherever please feel free to do so. We need to spread the word
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 2:37 pm

Hold your thoughts on this thread. I have it locked down doing some editing to explain what is going on and it will be moved. We will use this thread to help promote the track day and to work off of it to make it a great day!
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 2:57 pm

Reb Stew wrote:Hold your thoughts on this thread. I have it locked down doing some editing to explain what is going on and it will be moved. We will use this thread to help promote the track day and to work off of it to make it a great day!
Thread has been edited and unlocked. If you posted on here before it was moved you may have to go back to page one to read everything that was edited.

Time to get this show rolling. Anyone want to toss out ideas go for it.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by pepboys speedshop February 4th 2014, 3:15 pm

I am currently contacting all my vendors and will be putting together as many "goody bags" as I can
thes3e will be like the ones we always get as we arrive at cars shows,

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 3:25 pm

Great! Thanks man.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 4th 2014, 3:30 pm

Heather is working on judges for the show. We need judges that are not club members and preferable not club affiliated at all. If anyone knows someone that may want to judge the cars and knows what they are doing then let Heather know.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 February 5th 2014, 12:16 am

How bout The Thornhill Spring Thaw? The get together I use to put together in April got nicknamed The Cabin Fever Cruise.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 5th 2014, 2:16 am

I like the "Spring Thaw"
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by 69 cuda February 5th 2014, 3:14 am

scroungers on the hill's "Spring Thaw"
69 cuda
69 cuda
Scrounger

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 5th 2014, 4:36 am

Twisted Evil 
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl February 5th 2014, 4:45 pm

Thanks Guys...I have one Judge confirmed. waiting on the second and third to call back. and one or two to contact today. Anyway; I am also working on Sponsors... if you know of anyone that would be willing to sponsor a trophy that would be great.. it will be advertisement for their company or business. I even had the idea of "in memory of" Sponsors.$30 to $50.and of course any donations.  Just give me their info and I will contact them. On the up side the money from sponsors should mostly go into the pot for the vest. I have had the trophies donated. I met with a man yesterday that does a lot of the signage for Thornhill,  racers there and Randy's uncle. He is willing to cut us a great deal.... maybe even free since we will just need new plates for the trophies that have our event and the sponsor's name.. He was totally for the cause. So that helps.. Once I have a list of all the sponsors and major donations I will have that sign made too but nothing Fancy. I also have some of my friends that are still in the Criminal Justice program at Beckfield coming on that day to help us out for their community service hours... they will do what ever and the ones that come will be trust worthy. If there are any more thoughts please message me on here of facebook in the next couple of days because I dropped my phone in the toilet... it is in the bag of rice but I don't think it is going to work... Alright thanks for everyone's help...
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 6th 2014, 2:05 am

Reb Stew wrote: I did this one playing around. I'm sure there will be many different ones made before track day.

Scroungers C.C./Thornhill Dragstrip Project - Page 2 Dffdsf10
That is a simple flyer I made. If anyone wants to try to make something a little cooler just use the info off this one to ad on to what you make. Give it a shot.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by pepboys speedshop February 6th 2014, 2:26 pm

extenzegrl wrote:Thanks Guys...I have one Judge confirmed. waiting on the second and third to call back. and one or two to contact today. Anyway; I am also working on Sponsors... if you know of anyone that would be willing to sponsor a trophy that would be great.. it will be advertisement for their company or business. I even had the idea of "in memory of" Sponsors.$30 to $50.and of course any donations.  Just give me their info and I will contact them. On the up side the money from sponsors should mostly go into the pot for the vest. I have had the trophies donated. I met with a man yesterday that does a lot of the signage for Thornhill,  racers there and Randy's uncle. He is willing to cut us a great deal.... maybe even free since we will just need new plates for the trophies that have our event and the sponsor's name.. He was totally for the cause. So that helps.. Once I have a list of all the sponsors and major donations I will have that sign made too but nothing Fancy. I also have some of my friends that are still in the Criminal Justice program at Beckfield coming on that day to help us out for their community service hours... they will do what ever and the ones that come will be trust worthy. If there are any more thoughts please message me on here of facebook in the next couple of days because I dropped my phone in the toilet... it is in the bag of rice but I don't think it is going to work... Alright thanks for everyone's help...
give me a call here at the store
Eric
647-9977

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 February 8th 2014, 3:38 am

They are having a big drag race here this weekend called The Winter Melt Down.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil February 8th 2014, 4:31 am

Call it the "Thornhill Thaw".  It meets the criteria, rolls off the tongue and isn't too wordy.  It's the kind of name that sticks.  Simple & to the point.

I'll put the word out and be there.  Anything you need...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew February 8th 2014, 6:07 am

Thanks Benny.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by extenzegrl February 8th 2014, 6:31 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:Call it the "Thornhill Thaw".  ..
I really like that...
I have 3 judges now. looking for maybe one more... also someone to maybe donate gift cards for them........ I also have stuff coming for goody bags and possible goody bags...
extenzegrl
extenzegrl
National Vice President

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil February 8th 2014, 9:25 pm

I would volunteer to judge if needed...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 6th 2014, 12:07 am

Getting close. Get the word out guys.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew March 7th 2014, 4:47 pm

I need some help with a sign if anyone has time. I have a 4X8 sheet of wood that has to be cut and painted. Any takers. You can do it here at the house I have what ya need.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2