{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should have listened to me 30 + years ago

4 posters

Go down

Should have listened to me 30 + years ago Empty Should have listened to me 30 + years ago

Post by Reb Stew January 4th 2014, 6:24 am

Kentucky dropped the ball!

When I was a youngster I won a contest that was put on by some part of the Kentucky Government. I won second place for my thoughts and drawing on turning Meldahl Dam on the Ohio River into a place to make electric for the Northern Kentucky area. Months went by and I had forgot about it when I found out I won second place out of everyone in the state. My art teacher from Mildred Dean called me at home to tell me. I was only in 5th grade! My prize? A big stereo that was given to me by some big wig from Kentucky that I didn't know and still don't. What was cool was I could carry on my shoulder and listen to it. Come on it was the late 70's! I wish I had that radio to this day. My brother borrowed it and it was sitting on his stove and melted it when he turned on the wrong burner.

Through the years we would go to the dam to fish and to go muddin' We spent many weekend out there stuck over night in mud holes so deep it would take two other 4x4 to pull us out. Through the years I'd tell people about winning that contest. After laughing they would sit for a few and drink another beer and would say that's a good idea if you think about it... I thought so to.

Fast forward to 2014. Just now I'm reading where they are turning Meldahl Dam into a hydroelectric plant. WHAT THE KICKER IS GUESS WHO GET THE ELECTRIC? OHIO! A 138 kV transmission line will carry its electricity to the national electric grid by crossing the Ohio River and running approximately 2.2 miles to an existing PJM Interconnect in Clermont County, Ohio.

This will be the perfect story to tell Amy when I say "If you would just have listened me"

http://www.hamilton-city.org/index.aspx?page=653
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

Should have listened to me 30 + years ago Empty Re: Should have listened to me 30 + years ago

Post by hotrodaaron77 January 4th 2014, 1:20 pm

If u still have the proof it was ur idea. Wouldnt you be entitled to some royalties. Lol
hotrodaaron77
hotrodaaron77
Scrounger

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2010-11-11

Back to top Go down

Should have listened to me 30 + years ago Empty Re: Should have listened to me 30 + years ago

Post by pepboys speedshop January 4th 2014, 1:42 pm

that stereo is probably the best thing you'll ever get from the government

pepboys speedshop
BANNED

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2013-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nanook January 4th 2014, 3:47 pm

pepboys speedshop wrote:that stereo is probably the best thing you'll ever get from the government

Tru dat...no doubt that's all our man Steve will ever see from this. Cool on the contest win all those years back! Smile 

Later,

Lee
Nanook
Nanook
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down