{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD

4 posters

Go down

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD Empty Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD

Post by LRS30 February 6th 2009, 10:22 pm

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD 2FJs-1

Any Way you call it it's still fun.. Here is Mine and my brothers FJ-40 land Cruisers.. His is the 78 in the foreground, shadowed by mine, a 79. His sports a 3 1/2 Inch lift on 33's on stock rims, with a fiberglass body we put on about 4 years ago and I finally painted it last year. Mine is all steel (well atleast what has'nt rusted or been packed full of MUD!), with a 2 inch lift for now, and its on 33's as well. Both still run the original 2 F engines his being rebuilt a few years back, and mine with 90k on it. His is real close to being as done as he is gonna make it for now. Mine on the other hand is in the works of de-bugging it after a 13 year hibernation.The previos owner parked it after it just mysteriously quit running.. Well After me and my brother recovered from huffing on 5 gallons of varnished gas in the tank, we filled it with fresh fuel, and proceeded to get it running. Well after 2 days in the garage making sure that I had the cylinders oiled,new plugs, timing right, rebuilding the carb, and everything else involved with an non-running engine, it still would'nt run.. I've gotten long sitting engines running in the past with in a few hours of fiddling but this one was throwing me for a loop, it would idle fine then die.. Then nothing,it would turn over, had spark,fuel but would putter then die..Well after 2 days I was questioning my ability to get it running.. So I popped off the cap checked the points they were adjusted and fine, so I said hell with it I'm gonna test the condensor, no good,I could'nt get it to charge or discharge, I pulled one off of a junk dizzy I had sitting on the shelf popped it on and vvvvvvrrrrrooooooommmmmmmm. that was the ticket..Never have I ever had an engine not run because of a bad condensor, I guess your never to old to learn something.. Now she runs like a top, better than had hoped.. All I have left to do is take her to the wood's and put some Kentucky Pinstripes on it...(those are scratches from tree branches for all you pavement troll's)...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD Empty Re: Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD

Post by JRiggs February 6th 2009, 10:26 pm

looks like alot of fun...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD Empty Re: Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD

Post by RustyKarr February 6th 2009, 10:46 pm

I've had multiple 4x4s (Wrangler, Cherokee, 4runner, Tacoma, Ram's, Bronco etc). I like That.
Here's some Pics of the last couple I've had.

Semi-Clean
Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD DSCI5762

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD L_c571f8f9c69c7fd8ac7006faec5b4dab

After Playing
Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD L_bfb18a19f6b458f2d41b00ca19005b00

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD L_bd3fc3a1c17306ed00e45ff46b212a68

I know a little about "KY Pinstripes"

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 6th 2009, 11:08 pm

We were wanting to go get a little dirty today, but are having a hard time finding a place....Where we usually go would be find going down but a bit to mucky for the return route..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyKarr February 6th 2009, 11:36 pm

I don't have anything right now to thrash on to hard but I do have my 06 Tacoma with a small 3inch lift with my 285 (33's) MTR's. Being my daily I don't beat it. I've only wheeled it twice. Did damn good and that was with the street tires.

RustyKarr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 963

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid February 8th 2009, 12:49 am

I've Always wanted a 4x4 to go have fun in.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 March 10th 2009, 6:02 am

Well when it rains it pours.. Becareful what you ask for, I put the word out I was looking for FJ cruisers and low and behold, we now have 3 (and a ton of parts cowls,doors, motors, front and rear-ends.) We just picked up the blue one Sunday (well kevin picked it up I made phone calls from the lazy boy.. STILL NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE Rolling Eyes
Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD 2FJs-1

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD IMG_0371

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD IMG_0375

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD IMG_0387

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD IMG_0376

Over 25 years old still does'nt make it a HOT ROD IMG_0370

And the newly added grunt to the stable... 1971 FJ-40 48675 original miles..TRUE SURVIVOR! This thing is extremely solid for this part of the country, we are working on getting the engine free and then I think its gonna be KEvins Summer driver.. We are cleaning it up a bit fixing the little rust it has blending in some pale flat blue paint and putting a set of Military Spec Tires on it. I mean we are flipping these things as soon as we get all the bugs worked out of them(in case my beautiful wife is reading).. If you guys see any of these around let me know, because we don't have enough of them yet, now if we can just find a more place's to get muddy we will be as happy as pigs in mud...
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down