{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot Rod books with "local" ties

2 posters

Go down

Hot Rod books with "local" ties Empty Hot Rod books with "local" ties

Post by John B March 7th 2008, 11:17 pm

I'm a reader, I love to read. I'm also a car guy so any book about cars is a must have for me. Here's two I want to talk about. One I have and one I plan on getting.

First the one I have.

Circa 1957 by Chuck Klein

http://www.chuckkleinauthor.com/circa_1957.html

I first heard of this book through a mailing the original publishing company did back in the early 1990s. It's the story of a young guy growing up in the 1950's in the Cincinnati area. His loves, his losses, his cars. I bought a copy back then and still have it today. You can follow the link above and read a sample chapter.

Middletown Pacemakers: The Story of an Ohio Hot Rod Club By Ron Roberson
I don't have this book but I'm looking for a copy of it to add to my collection. I've been reading a chapter or two on the Google book search. The chapter on car shows was cool because they talked about the show at the LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park which later became Americana Amusement Park. I knew that place because when the Butler county faieground got too expensive, KOA talked to the people at Americana about moving the show there. That was a couple years before the place closed down.

http://books.google.com/books?id=phRrOFGipX8C

Anybody read this book?
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Hot Rod books with "local" ties Empty Re: Hot Rod books with "local" ties

Post by RebStew March 7th 2008, 11:36 pm

John B wrote: