{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT

5 posters

Go down

FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT Empty FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT

Post by Reb Stew January 14th 2013, 3:23 am

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER!!

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.
They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.
"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.
"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent
I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.
What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.
Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT Empty Re: FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT

Post by Arieldouglas January 15th 2013, 12:00 pm

Somehow I missed this post and I sure didn't see anything about it on the evening news!
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT Empty Re: FATHER NAILS IT. COLUMBINE STUDENT THAT WAS SHOT

Post by oldman January 15th 2013, 3:24 pm

HE IS SO RIGHT........WE NEED GOD IN EVERYTHING WE DO!!!
oldman
oldman
Master mechanic

Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 15th 2013, 4:18 pm

This needs to be circulated to every government agency we can think of, so they know that we know. It also needs to be presented to every school board coast-to-coast.

My wife works at a high school, and it is truly saddening the number of "clueless" administrators we have running "the asylum" who are present only to further their existence through a tall paycheck. Time after time we see them act in the interest of self preservation, with little done for the good of the students, with even less done to put some "teeth" back in accountability and discipline. There is little a teacher can do for action to quell the actions of a student who wishes to be a disruption, and nary an administrator who will back a teacher who does whats right and calls the student on the carpet to take resposibility for what they have done. AND the number of irresponsible parents who refuse to accept that "my little Johnny" did such a deplorable act, and that the teacher is "picking on my son". Each day she comes home I ask her what disaster had to be addressed today, fortunately it is a small school where everyone knows everyone else, and it ends up being as much an issue of staff and administrators clashing as it is students, for which there are many incidents where the staff can set an example and be the adult- but it seems so uncommon to find common sense in education (and government). Sorry for the ramble, but education has become so stupid. No life skills and coexistence is taught anymore. I support being your own person as much as anyone else does, but you also have to be able to get along and tow the line.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 15th 2013, 11:30 pm

oldman wrote:HE IS SO RIGHT........WE NEED GOD IN EVERYTHING WE DO!!!
You are so right.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew January 15th 2013, 11:34 pm

dieseldr wrote:. Sorry for the ramble, but education has become so stupid. No life skills and coexistence is taught anymore. I support being your own person as much as anyone else does, but you also have to be able to get along and tow the line.
I was so upset with our schools I pulled my kids out and home school them. While at one of our club meeting I ran into our city manager and new school super. He introduced himself and it didn't take long and I gave him an ear full. After I made it back to our meet I told Amy that I shouldn't have done that but these guys hired this clown and he was already being invested at his old school. It's not worth getting into here but our school system here seem like it's ran by the mob. All they want is to line their pockets. They don't care about the kids.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by dieseldr January 16th 2013, 1:15 am

Me and the Mrs. always said that if we ever had Kids, they would be going to the Catholic school- neither of us are catholic, or highly religious, but it was the only school locally that taught the kids life skills.... and manners and respect..... imagine that. Never had kids, so that worry is gone.
dieseldr
dieseldr
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2011-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Marty042 April 24th 2013, 7:54 pm

I just wanted to bring back to the top so it don't get forgotten.
Marty042
Marty042
Scrounger

Number of posts : 742
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew April 24th 2013, 10:03 pm

Twisted Evil
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down