{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter Pep Talk

3 posters

Go down

Winter Pep Talk Empty Winter Pep Talk

Post by RebStew February 13th 2008, 10:17 pm

Hi guys,
A while back I heard someone say something about the club being a computer car club. This wording did get me a little upset. I don't feel that this club is a computer car club at all. In the day and age we live in it is nice to have a system such as we have to keep track of each other, bounce ideas off each other as well as plan stuff we are doing. We have members from mid Ky to mid Ohio, without the computer we would not be able to keep in touch with each other as we do now. One reason we use the computer so much right now is that it is winter. Anyone that has been with the club long enough knows how much we do in the warmer months.
We have our monthly meeting and family grill outs at different places. Ranging from going to parks to people back yards and property. Anything from corn hole, horseshoes to racing derby cars and watching Doug burn the grass up in one of his cars with flame throwers. We have a weekly work session with the gasser and will soon combine that with moving from garage to garage for other members cars that need work. We have the major car shows that we hit plus the cruise ins. The local boys started hanging out late on Friday nights in Bellvue Ky on the main drag. We will be doing that again this year. We are planning a few cruises this year. Down to Rabbit Hash, Somerset Power Cruise, Rod Run in TN and another one that I've been working on, a drive in. We will be doing a few runs down to Carter County to support John Bailey and the Carter County Cruisers and the shows that they put on. The shows are cool and the ride down AA Hwy with a bunch of old cars is cool. We are also going to have the gasser done and will be hitting a few local race tracks this year. The gasser is a club owned car. If you are in the club you can work, wrench and race the gasser. You can also race your own car.
The list goes on and on with the stuff we do. There is no way anyone in the club can do everything we have planned but there is no reason to say you can't find anything club related to do any day of the week. If you make it great. if you can't, all I can say is that we will miss you and that you missed out on a good time. No one will hold anything against you for not making events. Everyone should know that work, family and some other issues come first. That should be understood.
I was just wanting to let you all know that spring is around the corner. KEEP YOUR HEADS UP it won't be cold much longer.
So with all that and some stuff that wasn't even brought up I don't think this is a computer car club at all. But what it is are a bunch of friends that can stay in touch with each other when ever they wish too. By the way the one who made the remarks about it being a computer car club is still living in the past and doesn't have a computer so he's missing out on keeping up with what we do.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the day Very Happy .... Steve

Last edited by on February 14th 2008, 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Winter Pep Talk Empty Re: Winter Pep Talk

Post by Mr. Fabulous February 14th 2008, 5:16 am

Geez.........If who ever said this wants to come lay out in my driveway in the snow and work on my car, they're more than welcome. Also, if they think it's a good time to drive that old Merc in the subfreezing temperatures without a complete heater and the windows missing an inch wide piece of weather stripping so the wind and snow blow right down the back of your neck, they're more than welcome. I don't know of too many people here that ran as much and as far as Madonna and I did in that old piece of crap last summer. It wasn't comfortable but it was fun. Our plans this next summer call for a much shorter list of events due to financial concerns but we'll probably still go to more events than a big percentage of the membership. Computer club, not in my eyes. I have fun on here jabbing when possible. That to me is the winter entertainment, the amount of serious posts from me are almost nill (except maybe this one). So as I set here looking out over the frozen tundra, I feel that who ever said that is just full of.......(beep) That's my $.02
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 February 14th 2008, 6:37 am

I heard the same thing about being an internet car club.As a matter of fact i went out and got an air card for my laptop so i could stay connected to every one while i'm on the road. I'm in Toronto Canada right now.. Very Happy It's all good Steve,don't let that get to ya man.By the way you did'nt mention The Woodward Cruise in Detroit... Very Happy Later guys...
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 14th 2008, 6:40 am

magicman_1968 wrote:I heard the same thing about being an internet car club.As a matter of fact i went out and got an air card for my laptop so i could stay connected to every one while i'm on the road. I'm in Toronto Canada right now.. Very Happy It's all good Steve,don't let that get to ya man.By the way you did'nt mention The Woodward Cruise in Detroit... Very Happy Later guys...
stay safe while on the rode Joe. yeah! who going to the woodward dream cruise?? I will try to post the dates again. I have to look them up
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down