{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We lost another great one, Ray Hall

4 posters

Go down

We lost another great one, Ray Hall Empty We lost another great one, Ray Hall

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 5:55 pm

This was not what I wanted to wake up to this morning. If there was a second person in this world that I would have called dad it would have been Ray. For the ones that don't know Ronnie was Ray's son. Ronnie and I have been friends since we were little kids. I remember hanging out in the living room long before I could drive and looking at the racing trophies sitting on the shelf. As we got older and started getting into cars, Ray's stick shift, camel hump head, 327 Impala was something that all of us wanted to just take out and see what it would do. Getting older I enjoyed listening to stories about Ray's life, hot rods and down home in Kentucky. My family settled less than an hour away from Rays down in the mountains so the stories were always something I could relate to.

In this world you will find a lot of bad people. There are some good hearted people too. The only problem with good hearted people is they make mistakes too. They have all the right things going on and try to do their best but sometimes they slip and let you down. Then we come to a select few that are truly just "good people". In this life you will be lucky to find a few. With everyone I know I can count on one hand how many I have met. Ray is one of those people. I have never heard him say a cross word or do anyone wrong to anyone. He was good hearted and would do anything for you. Many times I have stopped by and he would invite you in like family and to talk to him it was like going down home and visiting with family.

He stopped here last and we sat out on the front porch and talked for over an hour about life and family. One thing I'll have to live with is I didn't make it over to his house before he passed. Just a few days ago I was 4 blocks from his house grabbing parts for the 54 Chevy truck. I thought about stopping by but I just went on and started thinking about how close the 54 was to being ready to hit the street. The reason I went on is I knew or thought so anyways that as soon as it's done he would be driving it. I know no one knows this but anything I buy or build I take it over and let Ray drive it around. Ray seemed to like that. Watching him jump in one of my old cars and cruise it around for a little bit for some reason made me feel good. Maybe it was getting his seal of approval of something, I'm not sure. Watching him take off in that radical chop top, fenderless 34 Dodge that time was the greatest. I really wanted Ray to drive the old 54 Chevy truck I'm working on. I think he would have liked it.

Last edited by Reb Stew on July 12th 2012, 6:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Number of posts : 7905
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Back to top Go down

We lost another great one, Ray Hall Empty Re: We lost another great one, Ray Hall

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 6:02 pm

When Riggs posted he had passed I jumped in the car and headed over to his house. I wasn't sure if anyone would be there. As I pulled in Ron's truck was sitting there. I was hit with an emotional roller coaster. I'm not ashamed to say that I was balling like a baby before I even walked in the door. I'm sure it didn't help Ronnie and everyone else that was there. It took me a while to get the words out but when I did I ask how he passed. As with most of us we only hope there is no suffering. Ray died in his sleep. They are not sure what happen but it may have been a heart attack. Ronnie called him early and when he does that and Ray's sleeping Ray will call back when he wakes up. Ray never called. Ron got worried and went to his house. Ronnie found him in his bed. I feel so sorry for Ron. It has to be rough. All the boys were very close to their dad.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

We lost another great one, Ray Hall Empty Re: We lost another great one, Ray Hall

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 6:04 pm

Ron was heading for the funeral home when I left to make arrangements. As soon as I hear anything I'll post them up.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 6:05 pm

Ray & Ronnie
We lost another great one, Ray Hall 40584310
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 6:09 pm

Ray joined the Scroungers Car Club years ago. After I got myself together and was walking out I passed by his new truck he bought. On the drivers side glass was a Scroungers decal. I started balling again. We have truly lost a great man.
We lost another great one, Ray Hall L_19f110

Last edited by Reb Stew on July 12th 2012, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 12th 2012, 6:14 pm

I'm not sure how long Ray has owned this Chevy but I remember playing football on Boone St. when I was just a kid and it was sitting in front of his house then.

Ray Hall's
1968 Impala
We lost another great one, Ray Hall 100_0313
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 July 12th 2012, 9:13 pm

I am truly sorry. I only met Ronnie's Dad a couple of times but he seemed to be a pretty cool fellow.
My condolences to you, Reb, and to Ronnie and his family. It is easy to see that his memory will live on.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 13th 2012, 1:23 am

Lay out will be on Monday and Ray will be put to rest Tuesday morning. Times and address of the place will be posted tonight when I get time to look them up. I hope some of you local guys can make it. It would be nice if you could drive your hot rod too. He would like that.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel girl July 13th 2012, 4:53 am

Linnemann Funeral Home
30 Commonwealth Ave
Erlanger, KY 41018
Rebel girl
Rebel girl
Scrounger

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 13th 2012, 5:40 am

Thanks Sami
Rebel girl wrote:Linnemann Funeral Home
30 Commonwealth Ave
Erlanger, KY 41018
Monday's layout. 5:00 to 8:00
Tuesday 10 a.m.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by relaxednoma July 17th 2012, 2:14 pm

I'm so terribly sorry to hear of this loss. Sad

relaxednoma
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Stew July 19th 2012, 2:25 pm

I was glad it didn't rain Tuesday morning. Amy and I drove the Fire Chicken out with the 2X4's. As we were leaving the funeral home to go to the cemetery I ask Amy if I should open the headers up. She said she wouldn't. I thought about it for a minute and pulled the switch. The 454 roared out to the street in the line with everyone else with open headers. When I'd let off the gas I could hear Joe's Nova behind me. I'm not sure what everyone else thought as we drove down to the cemetery but I think Ray would have liked it that way and that's all that counts.
Reb Stew
Reb Stew
National President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down