{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question for Junkyard Jeff

2 posters

Go down

question for Junkyard Jeff Empty question for Junkyard Jeff

Post by RebStew January 23rd 2008, 8:06 pm

Jeff do you have the fiberglass insert for the inside of your 37's roof? if so did you put any insulation in the roof and if so what did you use? is it hot? can you tell the difference? I'm not sure if I should spend the cash on one of those fiberglass pieces or have someone stitch a headliner in it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

question for Junkyard Jeff Empty Re: question for Junkyard Jeff

Post by junkyardjeff January 25th 2008, 12:43 am

I bought a fiberglass headliner and I did not put any extra insulation up there as I did not think there was enough room,I had to remove the center brace so the headliner would fit and I still had all of the factory insulation still attached to the roof. The original headliner is made of cardboard like the latemodels and I think its still available but the curves need to be bent by hand,the center brace is there to hold up the center of the headliner with a couple screws and with the fiberglass headliner its not necessary plus it just wont fit without the brace removed. I have not noticed it being too bad in the summer since it has a crank out windshield and a cowl vent,I can not remember the company name where I got the headliner and they made all the pieces for around the rear window and the two down the sides at the rear of the doors. I made a pice of cardboard for the part behind the seat and think it originally had one there since there was screw holes in the braces. The company I think still advertises in Hemmings and there probably are others making the fiberglass headliners. Jeff

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down