{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know

3 posters

Go down

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know Empty Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know

Post by John B January 21st 2012, 12:09 am

Traded around and ended up with three Singer sewing machines. One 111w153 on a table, one 111w153 head and one 143W2 on a table. I know that the guy I got them from used the 111W153 with the table to sewing up some leather stuff**.

I was told the 143W2 is a zig zag but being a total dummy about this stuff I wanna know will it do good for upholstery work?

Guess I'm just trying to get opinions about using these for home done upholstery jobs.

Here's a few pictures of them sitting in his garage, all nasty and dirty.

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know IMG_0012

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know IMG_0011

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know IMG_0004

John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know Empty Re: Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know

Post by Arieldouglas January 21st 2012, 4:22 am

The real question is, Is he throwing the coupe in? Laughing
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Number of posts : 1915
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know Empty Re: Junkyard Jeff or anyone else who might know

Post by junkyardjeff January 21st 2012, 5:09 am

The 111W153s would be the best for upholstery work and I know nothing about the other one,any old sewing machine shop should be able to tell you more about the other.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 21st 2012, 10:21 pm

Thanks Jeff. The one 153 thats mounted to a table has been serviced and has some newer parts on it. Thats the one he's used some. I'm thinking I'll keep it and the extra head and maybe flip the 143W2 for some cash.

As for the hot rod. It's not going to go anyplace. I hate to think how much time he has in it at this point.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas January 22nd 2012, 1:54 am

As long as he's not going to fix it up one of these days it's all cool. Very Happy
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by John B January 22nd 2012, 2:37 am

He works on it between working on his (use to be mine) 51 Chevy , His dad's 53 Chevy and other peoples cars.
John B
John B
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Arieldouglas January 22nd 2012, 2:47 pm

I understand that. I spent the day yesterday helping my son-in-law and didn't get anything done on my car.
Arieldouglas
Arieldouglas
TN Chapter President

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff January 22nd 2012, 5:06 pm

Working on everyone elses cars is why my 37 sat in the garage in pieces for many years,I used to have a few in the driveway every night after work and on weekends until I realized the 37 was not going to get finished so I quit working on others vehicles.

Last edited by junkyardjeff on January 22nd 2012, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down