{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats it worth thread

4 posters

Go down

Whats it worth thread Empty Whats it worth thread

Post by junkyard junky April 22nd 2011, 5:28 am

I'm trying to get a good idea on what a 36 ford coupe would be worth today. I found the car 9 years ago when i bought a car from a woman. Found out today that the coupe is up for sale but the guy that owns it wants me to make an offer. Its a pretty solid car with just a hair bit of rust in it. Engine turns overs but doesn't run. Not sure if it has been converted to juice brakes. Found one on the hamb listed for 13.5 but it was in better shape and plus I don't know if it sold for that or less. Any help would be appreciated.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1143
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Whats it worth thread Empty Re: Whats it worth thread

Post by Blue Eyed Devil April 22nd 2011, 1:00 pm

Tell him to give you a call when he is ready to SELL. He's just fishing right now hoping you'll make a high offer. There is a number in his head. Tell him you can't buy and sell it both!
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto April 22nd 2011, 8:43 pm

Try to get a number out of him one more time and if he still doesn't tell you something, then low ball him. If nothing else, he may give you one of those lines like "I had a guy offer me (insert fictional number here) and I turned him down". Then at least you will have an idea as to what he wants.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky April 23rd 2011, 2:53 am

The guy that owns it is around 21-23. His grandmother was the lady who I bought the car from years ago. Back then she said that a guy offered her a pretty good amount of money but that had to of been 15 years ago and the car was in better shape. I'd say this is the kis'd first time selling a car. I'm going to go look at it when his grandmother is around. Don't know when that will be.

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard junky April 30th 2011, 3:07 am

I called the guys grandmother today saying I was going to go look at the ford and no one answered. Texted the guy and he told me that the car was sold. I sent him a text back saying that it would of been nice to know before I made plans. No worry on my part, I just wish that someone would of told me until the last minute. I wondered if he was going to get in touch with me before tomorrow before I drove all the out there to take a look at it?

junkyard junky
1000 post club

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin May 1st 2011, 6:34 am

That stinks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630