{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edgewater April 10th

+4
RebStew
JRiggs
Cratethis
magicman_1968
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Edgewater April 10th - Page 3 Empty Re: Edgewater April 10th

Post by RebStew April 11th 2011, 4:27 pm

I didn't have the camera when I was watching him but the Camaro looked really cool jumping around trying to grab traction. I told Joey last night that it looked like an old 60's 4 speed car hammering the gears when he was coming out of the hole. Pretty cool. He did really well and I think it's cool you let him do it.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU April 11th 2011, 4:43 pm

Yea, he was fighting it hard. lol! I didn't try to tell KP anything. All I asked him to do was be safe and bring the car back in one piece. He didn't have a clue how to heat the tires up & didn't try. One of the guys told him to drive around the water box & he did do that. He couldn't blow the motor up, so the only things that would break were the tranny/driveshaft/rear.

I want him to have some fun with it now because there's no way of knowing if he'll ever be able to afford to do it later on & no way of knowing how much longer I'll be able to do it.

I messed up because when we got to the track I lowered the pressure in the drags to 24 lbs and didn't check it again. Before we left I checked them and with the heat they were back up to 30 lbs. He would probably had a little more bite with a little less air.

When Sean does it again in the fall we'll give it another go. Maybe by then I'll have a clutch in the Z06 that can handle a few stiff runs too.

The main thing is that everyone made it home and the broken stuff either has or can be fixed.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew April 11th 2011, 4:55 pm

I didn't get too many pics and haven't looked to see what I did get yet. I'll be posting some when I get time.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3