{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young

+4
pegasus
RebStew
JRiggs
jbs10
8 posters

Go down

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young Empty things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young

Post by jbs10 February 23rd 2011, 4:47 am

jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young Empty Re: things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young

Post by jbs10 February 23rd 2011, 4:59 am

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young Happydays
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young Empty Re: things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young

Post by jbs10 February 23rd 2011, 5:10 am

i cant find a pic but it bad (BEEP) seen it a car toons mag.when i little driveing my big wheel and loved it . it was by robret willams.
http://www.amazon.com/Robert-Williams-Hot-Race-Lithograph/dp/B001SKVOIS

Last edited by jbs10 on February 23rd 2011, 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 February 23rd 2011, 5:13 am

had a lot of cartoons mag.as a kid two..and a lot of model car.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 23rd 2011, 5:27 am

only picture i could find, the damn @$$ have painted the sign now, but if the city ever takes the garage, i'm after that sign. shhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.campbellpva.com/tracoms_pva/cpt/22_R7.php?id=2007841&f=712&pvaPIDNFmt=999-99-04-229.00&pvaCityId=30
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs February 23rd 2011, 5:30 am

some strange reason it would not let me upload the picture to photobucket... Evil or Very Mad
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew February 23rd 2011, 7:15 am

jbs10 wrote:
That one put a big grin on my face. It's been a long time since I heard that song.

Music played a huge role in the life style along with some movies. I think most of us where just born with the hot rod habit. From a very young age I was always trying to soup something up to make it look better or go faster. You know how much fatsr a 20' Huffy would go with red tires. HAHhaHAh

We were building bicycles like crazy when most of us were kids. Grab a chrome frame from Mike Corrol and a few extra parts here and there and you had a cool bike in one day. I was painting flames of cars for guys in Campbell County High School before I even had a drivers license.

I'm not really sure why the car bug bit me so hard. I guess it helped that almost everyone I hung out with liked them too. Dream St. and the strip mall across from the Florence Mall being packed bumper to bumper with cars full of girls cruising all night long may have fed the habit too. lol
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by pegasus February 23rd 2011, 5:36 pm

I had a 32 ford coupe hot wheels car and I thought im going to get a real one of these one day
pegasus
pegasus
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 February 23rd 2011, 11:06 pm

MY DAD and his Friends! Kenny Boerst, Larry Kremmer (those who know him or have heard of him know why..lol), and a long list of Drag races,Sprint Car races, Multipal CORVETTES, but probably his 57 VETTE GASSER that landed on the cover of CAR CRAFTdid it for me when I was 4 or 5... Then my first go-kart followed, that he flamed, which I still have with the same paint job... I guess lots of things...lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 February 23rd 2011, 11:43 pm

here is the one that I liked when I was in school...most of you young ones never heard this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoOgSVZ8XuM

Also living by Woodward Ave. in the Motor City when I was 15, and had a 69 Impala 396 turbo 400 didn't help much either.... What a Face

falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 6-71Kid February 24th 2011, 12:37 am

One of the big insperations for me was Knight Rider.
6-71Kid
6-71Kid
Scrounger

Number of posts : 918
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 February 24th 2011, 2:03 am

well cant for get
things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young Dukes
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis February 24th 2011, 2:20 am

And the Fall Guy

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young E64dfcc7

things that inspired your hot hod life.. when you were young 5aaa60db
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 February 25th 2011, 10:57 pm

I got it now....some said johnny you was born with a HOT ROD virus
and i think thirs no crue..................... Razz
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down