{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

51st Annual Cavalcade of Customs

+14
Chris55
Blue Eyed Devil
marakka
Lady rebel
John B
Crucial
magicman_1968
jbs10
Butch Thompson
Z-YOU
LRS30
Roller Coaster
JRiggs
RebStew
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

51st Annual Cavalcade of Customs - Page 3 Empty Re: 51st Annual Cavalcade of Customs

Post by jbs10 January 9th 2011, 12:12 am

suckedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

51st Annual Cavalcade of Customs - Page 3 Empty Re: 51st Annual Cavalcade of Customs

Post by RebStew January 9th 2011, 8:17 am

It is what it is. We all knew how the show was and went anyways. Some left early(me) It's just not my type of show. I looked around and talked to some guys. It was more of a reunion of friend you haven't seen in a while so that was cool.
I drove over with 4 other guys and I was ready to go. I knew they wasn't so off I went walking across the bridge. I'd have to say the best vehicle I seen that day was two funny looking guys in a truck pick me up on the bridge and give me a ride. The walk is not far but it's about 5 below 0 with the windchill coming off the Ohio River.
I don't care how much Johnny begs me. I'm not sure I'll go back to that show.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 9th 2011, 8:19 am

Not sure why I said I won't go back. I say that every year and go back. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU January 9th 2011, 7:09 pm

It's easy. Just say you're not going next year. The years go by fast. I use to love going to that show, but there was a point at which it changed or I changed or both. I have a very long period now that I haven't gone & I'll never say never, but I don't plan on going next year.

The year after that, my son will be away at college and we'll be somewhere where it's warm in January.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 January 10th 2011, 12:39 am

It wasn't all bad the survivor alley had some cool cars in it.

Last edited by Chris55 on January 11th 2011, 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Eyed Devil January 10th 2011, 5:56 am

That's why I have never been, and have no plans on it!

If you really want to go to a good indoor show in the winter just save your money and go to Detroit Autorama. The drive isn't bad and it is the mecca of all indoor shows. There truly is something for everybody there, and it is pretty cool to see the finalists for the Ridler Award. They have even axed the tuner section for this year so the hot rods in the basement will grow even bigger. I'm looking forward to it...
Blue Eyed Devil
Blue Eyed Devil
Devils Advocate

Number of posts : 759
Registration date : 2007-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconEddie1964 January 10th 2011, 2:01 pm

Blue Eyed Devil wrote:If you really want to go to a good indoor show in the winter just save your money and go to Detroit Autorama.
cheers cheers What he said.
FalconEddie1964
FalconEddie1964
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Location : At the races, top row of the grandstand at about 1000 ft

Back to top Go down

Post by relaxednoma January 10th 2011, 5:53 pm

great time hanging out with max and greg. I like the show, and appreciate the quality of the builds that are strictly trailered everywhere and never see street time, but not my cup of tea. Rather drive stuff! I was very happy with mine, steve's and max's spots!

Greg, dont forget the steering wheel key & congrats again btw on winning from WKRC!

Last edited by relaxednoma on January 10th 2011, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : captain fluffypants)

relaxednoma
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 10th 2011, 6:52 pm

relaxednoma wrote:Greg, dont forget the steering wheel key!

Don't forget the keys...what are you talking about...I don't know anything about forgetting keys at home on Sunday? Laughing
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by relaxednoma January 10th 2011, 7:12 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:
relaxednoma wrote:Greg, dont forget the steering wheel key!

Don't forget the keys...what are you talking about...I don't know anything about forgetting keys at home on Sunday? Laughing

rofl LIAR lol cheers

relaxednoma
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by TurboPinto January 10th 2011, 9:14 pm

Z-YOU wrote:I use to love going to that show, but there was a point at which it changed or I changed or both.
Same thing with me. It is probably because after years and years of going to car shows, it is a lot harder to be "WOW"ed than it used to be. Maybe after you've just dropped a 15 dollar bill at the door, your expectations are too high. The first time I went to the Cavalcade was in 1977 and I've been to every one since. I think that the only reason that I still go is just to keep the streak alive.
TurboPinto
TurboPinto
Floor sweep

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 10th 2011, 9:22 pm

Greg don't tell me you forgot your keys. lol
I guess it wasn't too busy by the time you left the building?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by relaxednoma January 10th 2011, 9:46 pm

RebStew wrote:Greg don't tell me you forgot your keys. lol

He forgot the keys for the steering wheel dooohicky he has.

He did good tho, he was gone before my buddy even pulled in with the trailer for us to take mine home.

relaxednoma
Floor sweep

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 10th 2011, 10:54 pm

RebStew wrote:Greg don't tell me you forgot your keys. lol

Don't worry Steve, I will never admit that I forget keys at home on Sunday.

relaxednoma wrote:
He forgot the keys for the steering wheel dooohicky he has.

Keys...not just the key to the "no wheel no steal" adaptor.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 10th 2011, 11:41 pm

Friday was slow due to the weather, Sat. was packed, over 20,000 that day (I think the number is correct). There where alot of really nice rides there this year, lot of different cars from the area which is hard to do year after year. Survivor alley was great Out of the 65 or so cars there was I believe under 10 or so that where in mock up stages (non-running). The best part for me was having a guy from the other section come over and voice his opinion by saying loud enough for me to hear but not have the balls enough to say it to me face to face. About how I was given people the wrong impression about letting kids climb all over the inside of my truck. That this is a car show not a carnival ride, or a used car lot.. Made me smile even bigger when we put this little boy who was in a wheel chair in there so he could get his picture taken.. Maybe I am wrong by letting kids climb all over it, but its my truck and I paid for it, so I am gonna do what I want with it.... I for one thought the show was a huge success, and my hat goes off to everyone who puts it on and brought there cars out for it. I will be there next year..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris55 January 11th 2011, 1:38 am

I can't count the times I've let a kid sit in my car to get a picture. It really make me laugh to see the looks on the faces of the other car owners when I do it. And anyone who would not alow a child in a wheelchair to set in their car is an (BEEP). They are only cars after all, and some people forget that. It's not like your handing them the keys and saying, "here taker for a spin." One of the biggest kicks I get, is to see the smile on other people faces when they see me drive down the road in it. ( Or maybe they are just laughing at me! Oh well) Any ways, sorry to hijack the thread, just wanted to say well done to LRS30.
Chris55
Chris55
FL Chapter President

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by falconwagon62 January 11th 2011, 1:51 am

LRS30 wrote:. Made me smile even bigger when we put this little boy who was in a wheel chair in there so he could get his picture taken.. Maybe I am wrong by letting kids climb all over it, but its my truck and I paid for it, so I am gonna do what I want with it.... I for one thought the show was a huge success, and my hat goes off to everyone who puts it on and brought there cars out for it. I will be there next year..

here here...most likely the same guy who is afraid to drive his car, much less in the rain...I am always trying to get the little girls mommy's in my car!!!!

Last edited by falconwagon62 on January 11th 2011, 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 11th 2011, 2:18 am

well we had some of that too, Twisted Evil But the kids acting like they are driving was what was real cool... At one point we had 7 kids waiting in line to hop in. Then we just opened both doors put the tailgate down and it was a free for all..lol Don't get me wrong, if my car was a show car with abunch of polised aluminum, and chrome, I would'nt have wanted to drive it in the salt and snow. But I'm more of a driver quality guy.. I do appriciate the amount of work that goes into a show car just not in my budget or wants at this time....And let me tell you this year was much easier getting home than 5 years ago when I rode my old 68 xlh home in the snow..fun but dumb...lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 11th 2011, 3:03 am

Kudo's Ryan. Some people just don't get it.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 12th 2011, 1:55 am

True some don't get it! Hey if we don't show others, and little kids how fun and cool it can be to build and drive a hot rod, then the tradition will die off. I for one know that if it was'nt for my dad and his friends letting me help with there cars growing up I would'nt have learned half of what I know, and how fun it can be to have a great bunch of guys to mess around with these rusty old cars....I know its not for everyone but I have a hell of a time doing it, and you do get a different feeling about it when you do it, than just a spectator.. Thanks again guys for coming down, and I will be there next year again, look me up..lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3