{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cavalcade of Customs this weekend

+6
Mr. Fabulous
jbs10
DEMONSPEED
Roller Coaster
Admin
RebStew
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Empty Cavalcade of Customs this weekend

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 2:14 pm

I'm going to try to go over if nothing comes up. I may have to go out of town, if so I'm going Sunday. If I don't go I'm heading over Saturday. Anyone want to go?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Empty Re: Cavalcade of Customs this weekend

Post by RebStew January 4th 2010, 2:17 pm

525 Elm Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
`````````````````````````````````````

Admission
Friday, January 8: 3 pm – 10 pm
Saturday, January 9: 10 am – 10 pm
Sunday, January 10: 11 am – 7 pm
````````````````````````````````````````

Gate: General Admission –14.00
Children 6-12 –$5.00

Discount Tickets:
Available at koi Auto Parts
General Admission - $11.00
Children 6-12 - $4.00
``````````````````````````````````````````

Features & Special Sections
■Drag City USA racing exhibit featuring:
Kalitta's '67 "Bounty Hunter"
Prudhomme's '70 ""Wynns Winder"
Garlits' '60 "Swamp Rat III" '62 "Swamp Rat IV" & '66 "Swamp Rat VIII"
■koi Area Pinstripers Art of the Car & Charity Art Auction benefiting the Cincinnati Kidney Foundation presented by Street Rodder Magazine
Friday Auctions – 8 p.m.
Saturday Auctions – 2, 4 & 8 p.m.
Sunday Auctions – 3 p.m.
■Survivor's Alley featuring Traditional Rods, Customs & Bobbers
■Toyarama Collectible Toys
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Special Guest Appearances
* Guest appearances are a feature of the show for scheduled times. Admission does not guarantee an autograph.

■Chip Foose - Famed Designer and Builder from TV's "Overhaulin"
Saturday 1:00-4:00 & 7:00-9:00
■Jake T. Austin - "Max Russo " from Disney's "Wizards of Waverly Place"
Saturday 1:00-4:00 & 7:00-9:00
■Pete Rose - Baseball Legend
Sunday 1:00-4:00
**Free photos courtesy of koi Auto Parts. No other items will be signed.
■Moises Arias - "Rico" from Nickelodeon's "Hanna Montana"
Sunday 12:00-5:00
■Cincinnati Reds "Mr. Red" at the koi booth
day and time tba
■Cincinnati Ben-Gals
Friday 7:00-9:00 Saturday 2:00-4:00 Sunday 2:00-4:00
■Nickelodeon’ “Spongebob Squarepanta, Patrick & Dora The Explorer”
Fri 6:00 - 8:00 | Sat 11:00 - 8:00 | Sun 12:00 - 5:00
■BMX Extreme Freestyle Shows
Friday 7:00 & 9:00 Saturday 12:00, 3:00, 7:00 & 9:00 Sunday 12:00, 2:00 & 4:00
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin January 4th 2010, 2:42 pm

Robert Patrick is the only club member that I know of that will be over there with his car. Stop by and say hi if you see him. If you are a new member and don't know Patrick, stop and introduce yourself. You are in the same club. Very Happy
Cavalcade of Customs this weekend 009
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster January 4th 2010, 3:50 pm

I will be there sometime during the weekend, hopefully with some guys from Lexington.
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED January 6th 2010, 4:41 am

I will be there Saturday. Is anyone else going?
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2009-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED January 6th 2010, 4:43 am

Big Puppy or my bad Big Dog and Navonda are going too....
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 6th 2010, 4:58 am

It's still up in the air when I can make it. We will see...
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 January 6th 2010, 5:50 am

I THINK THIS SHOW SUCKS . lol! ITS NOT A CAR SHOW U SEE THE SAME CAR EVERY YEAR. TO MANY PEOPLE. ITS LIKE GOING TO THE MALL affraid AND I HAD ALL THAT I CAN STAND. THIS A SHOW ALL TRUE CAR GUY SHOULD BOYCOT jocolor .JUST WHAT I THINK monkey
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 6th 2010, 2:24 pm

I want to try to go to the Indy Car Show this year if I go to a local one. I went to the Cincinnati one last year and thought it might be nice to go to a different one. I'm like JBS10, went last year and if it hadn't been for seeing some of the people there, I would have been disappointed on the return for my dough spent. I saw Josh Shaw's traditional part of the show last year that was pretty cool. I'd like to do the Road Rockets show this year if I can afford it.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 7th 2010, 1:14 am

jbs10 wrote:I THINK THIS SHOW SUCKS . lol! ITS NOT A CAR SHOW U SEE THE SAME CAR EVERY YEAR. TO MANY PEOPLE. ITS LIKE GOING TO THE MALL affraid AND I HAD ALL THAT I CAN STAND. THIS A SHOW ALL TRUE CAR GUY SHOULD BOYCOT jocolor .JUST WHAT I THINK monkey

OPINIONS! Every show every where has repeat offenders, I have yet to go to a car show and see totally different cars year after year. That is a silly statement in my opinion. Your telling me that there are enough hot-rods in the area that they could draw completely different cars every year, year after year. NEVER COULD HAPPEN!, Since you are a memeber of the club maybe next year you should make sure that the Monmouth Street Show has different cars from the ones last year, or the year before, since you are a "TRUE CAR GUY", that is what your saying right, Maybe boycott your owns clubs show due to alot repeat offenders.I have a great Idea, finish your truck register it get it accepted and put it in the CAVALCADE next year and tell me you did'nt have a good time and maybe meet a few new buddies or hang with some old ones.I have been a participant in the CAvalcade since I was 14 (starting with Bicycles and Go-Carts), and I am 40 now with something different I have owned or built or help build, I would be there tonight with my 31, my sons bike (which has change in looks since last year) and my brothers HArley (The HArley would be a repeat offender because it WAS ASKED BACK!) if I had not just had surgery on my shoulder today. I for one am not a big JUDGED car show guy by nature ask anybody who knows me, I register to support the club sponsoring the show, but never sign up for my shit to be judged, but I do look forward to hanging with my buddies at the show, I mean come on what more is there to do in the winter with your car if you are not upgrading it.. Yhea it can get packed, you know why because it is a pretty good indoor show and they market the hell out of it. Fred Caldwell SR. has done a hell of a great job over the past years of putting it on (God rest his soul, he just passed a few days ago before seeing the 50TH anniv. of this show).Me personally I think the show will do just fine with you boycotting it. And if you find a show where every car is different year after year let me know about it, I would love to go, I love seeing new rides. Good Luck on your build hope to see it at some shows around town for YEARS TO COME,! Ryan (these are my views only supported by me from me and not the views of the SCROUNGERS CAR CLUB which of I am currently not a memeber of. )
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 7th 2010, 1:19 am

Mr. Fabulous wrote:I want to try to go to the Indy Car Show this year if I go to a local one. I went to the Cincinnati one last year and thought it might be nice to go to a different one. I'm like JBS10, went last year and if it hadn't been for seeing some of the people there, I would have been disappointed on the return for my dough spent. I saw Josh Shaw's traditional part of the show last year that was pretty cool. I'd like to do the Road Rockets show this year if I can afford it.

OH AND JOSH SHAW IS A FAG!!!!!! :-)
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 January 7th 2010, 2:00 am

i wii finish my truck by not for that show but it will be in scrounger show.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn January 7th 2010, 3:05 am

the thing is with that show is almost all of the cars in there you will never see driving down the road! maybe in the back of an enclosed trailor why spend all that $ on something your afraid to drive down the road! just a scroungers thoughts Very Happy
Glenn
Glenn
Scrounger

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2010, 8:48 am

I can see both sides but I'm really not into the pretty puff side of rodding. I use to go every year but stopped for the same reason Johhny is saying. When Shaw put his stuff in there it was refreshing. It's nothing I haven't seen before but I spent 80% of my time hanging out in that section. And on the other side it's winter. There isn't much else to do. So I may go over and hang out with Patrick and his Nova for a while. If I get bored I'll walk around to all the guys with $70K show cars and tell them what a nice rat rod they have. That shoud be fun.. Laughing
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 7th 2010, 2:25 pm

Just a Rat Rod note.............I've noticed on some advertisements for events lately that they Say "paint, promer is OK but no rust". That should start a real division in the hobby/sport.

And I don't know Mr. Shaw, only heard of him.

And I have a few friends from up here that have been invited to put their cars in the show down there. They drove them down and back. They don't own enclosed trailers.

And LSR30.......Love reading your opinions. I know what you mean about going to see the people as much if not more than the cars. Hope your shoulder is doing ok. Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Icon_sunny
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2010, 2:47 pm

I'm sick of all the rat rod talk. geek They are just hot rods to me. Some I like and some I don't. I don't consider my cars rat rods but they are beaters and nothing fancy As for the rust stuff. If you knock out all the cars with rust you will be back to the 80's fad cars you can't drive. I'll stick with my rusty junk. I'm not worried about what people think about the cars I drive. I know I hit the road while most of them sit in the garage because they are afraid to get a scratch or act like they don't know how to drive out of their town without having to be with someone else..I tease Vickers all the time about his car. He calls it a rat rod and it's rougher than a cob. Fenders flapping, springs popping through the seats. His idea of a wash is to do donuts in the dirt and change the color of it depending on if he's in rich or clay soil. So all the rat rod V/S hot rod stuff falls on def ears with me unless I see your fancy car in my mirror flying down the highway with me on the way to a show. Vickers has racked up 100's if not 1000's of miles with me in that beater. That's what hot rodding is about. It's a car. Put miles on it and do something. Everyone has their own taste. I don't knock the rat rodders and I don't knock the trailer queens. I just build and drive what I want and I HAVE FUN DOING WHAT I DO. You should try it.. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous January 7th 2010, 4:08 pm

Good morning to you Mr. Stewart!

As I look out the window from here at work, I can see my Mercury disappearing in the snow. Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Icon_sunny There are probably very few people on here that drive their old car as much as I do. I really don't care to drive mine in the mess I'll be facing to get home this evening. It'll probably be about a 2 to 3 hour commute, very little heat, no radio, no wipers...With the new Ohio law stating you must have your headlights on when running your wipers, I'm not sure what to do. I imagine the answer is to turn on the headlights and pretend I have wipers. As far as driving cars and putting miles on them, I've been running almost 100 miles a day so I know your addessing your comments to the general public. I can't afford to build what I want. I have to settle for the POS I have to be able to participate at the places we frequent. I've been driving old bent up crap for a couple of decades now and would like to have something nice but........

So again, good morning to you sir! Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Icon_cheers
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 7th 2010, 4:10 pm

Very Happy Good morning sunshine. sunny It's time for me to hit the bed. I still haven't been to sleep. This is getting rough on me. Time to see a doc and get better sleeping pills....
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by magicman_1968 January 7th 2010, 4:40 pm

Mr. Fabulous wrote:Good morning to you Mr. Stewart!

As I look out the window from here at work, I can see my Mercury disappearing in the snow. Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Icon_sunny There are probably very few people on here that drive their old car as much as I do. I really don't care to drive mine in the mess I'll be facing to get home this evening. It'll probably be about a 2 to 3 hour commute, very little heat, no radio, no wipers...With the new Ohio law stating you must have your headlights on when running your wipers, I'm not sure what to do. I imagine the answer is to turn on the headlights and pretend I have wipers. As far as driving cars and putting miles on them, I've been running almost 100 miles a day so I know your addessing your comments to the general public. I can't afford to build what I want. I have to settle for the POS I have to be able to participate at the places we frequent. I've been driving old bent up crap for a couple of decades now and would like to have something nice but........

So again, good morning to you sir! Cavalcade of Customs this weekend Icon_cheers
I know what ya mean Doug....i drove the Velle to work for a week and a half when my truck went down on me......i did hook up the heater core and put a 185 stat in though Very Happy
magicman_1968
magicman_1968
Scroungers Road Captain

Number of posts : 1372
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Glenn January 8th 2010, 5:57 pm

yes sir I remember when Johnny and i had that 68 chevelle no heat no wipers 400 sb built up with a vega converter and drove it everyday summer and winter! the only thing I had to drive but had to work.I had blankets in it I just through over my legs and off I went.MAn i wish I still had that car.but oh well.Joey has been driving a primer chevelle since I ve known him which is cool and not afraid to drive it thats what its about DRIVE IT it don't matter what it looks like people still love them weather its a million $ paint job or primer.what I was saying is if your going to put all that $ in it and not drive it waste the $ put in a glass case and forget it! Not saying they are not nice just Y Rolling Eyes
Glenn
Glenn
Scrounger

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 January 10th 2010, 9:48 pm

I guess that there is a misconception between CAr show AND A cruise iN. There are opinions about everything. The Cavalcade is a CAR SHOW where most of the cars are built for just that, show, do I get it no, but do respect those who put out the time and money to build a car for that.And lots of cars where built with the sole pourpose by companies to win cash and advirtisment spots in mags that I am sure some of us buy . My point was why BOYCOTT a show because alot of the same cars have been there before. Every cruise in/show you are going to go to has the same rides, and for a show to have 50 years success, they must be doing something right.. Oh and Doug thanks for the well wish's, the shoulder is on the mend, was way worse than first thought, but thats how I roll..Oh and as far as SHAW goes, he is a helluva good guy. Doug you will have to hit some Sprint nights over at the 'burg with us this summer. ISCA has its spot in this industry like it or not, support it or not, but a BOYCOTT was a strong action. I mean come on my buddies YUGO did'nt get best import on Monmouth and he is still coming back.....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by DEMONSPEED January 11th 2010, 12:55 am

There was to many people at Calvacade on Saturday. Anyone else go? There was only a few cars I liked. Jegs had a Firebird on display I liked.
DEMONSPEED
DEMONSPEED
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 11th 2010, 2:13 am

DEMONSPEED wrote:There was to many people at Calvacade on Saturday. Anyone else go? There was only a few cars I liked. Jegs had a Firebird on display I liked.
I just got back. I went over to help Robert load up his car. He was almost finished and when he rolled out I walked around a bit. I have found the best way to see the cars. The doors by Shaw's location opened up and I stood for a while when they all rolled out. Watching the gassers and their cold hard pie crust slicks slip on the slick floor trying to move was alot better than watching the cars in their displays form. I enjoyed it so much I found a chair and just hung out and did the wave to a few that I knew as they rolled through. Good times cheers
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 January 11th 2010, 3:48 am

RebStew wrote:
DEMONSPEED wrote:There was to many people at Calvacade on Saturday. Anyone else go? There was only a few cars I liked. Jegs had a Firebird on display I liked.
I just got back. I went over to help Robert load up his car. He was almost finished and when he rolled out I walked around a bit. I have found the best way to see the cars. The doors by Shaw's location opened up and I stood for a while when they all rolled out. Watching the gassers and their cold hard pie crust slicks slip on the slick floor trying to move was alot better than watching the cars in their displays form. I enjoyed it so much I found a chair and just hung out and did the wave to a few that I knew as they rolled through. Good times cheers
trader
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew January 11th 2010, 3:52 am

jbs10 wrote:
RebStew wrote:
trader
LOL I did better than boycott, I went and snuck in. Did you buy anything at the swap meet?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next