{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New addition to the family well OK 2

+3
Mr. Fabulous
falconwagon62
LRS30
7 posters

Go down

New addition to the family well OK 2 Empty New addition to the family well OK 2

Post by LRS30 August 6th 2010, 5:32 am

New addition to the family well OK 2 Redtruck83

New addition to the family well OK 2 Redtruck1

New addition to the family well OK 2 Redtruck73

ok so now its 5 vehicles! I need a bigger garage... and the second addition is a new pup... .. But the truck is a 64 Shortbed Fleetside Ford.. SOLID AS A ROCK.. Probably the best older vehicle I have ever owned... It was restored at a point by an older fellow who passed away, and never put her thru her finnal paces.. She needs a little TLC in the fine tunning departent.. So if anybody has a nice 3 or 4 speed trans that will bolt up behind a Y block keep me posted..... Oh that and a decent set of rims, they have to go pronto!. I would concider trading these for a set of original steelies.. The rims are nice but just not the style I am heading for with this truck... I am gonna pull the trans out in the A.M. Friday and see if I see any obvious problems.. If not then is off to find a better one of have this sucker rebuilt... It runs great in every gear, just will not shift out of that gear once you get it there.... I am open to opinions on this situation.. Other than should have bought a Chevy...lol. Oh and if anybody is in the nieghborhood stop by, since I am not hitting NSRA this weekend, I will be here playing MONKEY WRENCH!
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823
Registration date : 2007-10-09

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

New addition to the family well OK 2 Empty Re: New addition to the family well OK 2

Post by falconwagon62 August 6th 2010, 1:08 pm

love it!!!! trade ya a fake wrecker for it! Razz Shocked
falconwagon62
falconwagon62
Scrounger

Number of posts : 2607
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://www.ovcfca.com

Back to top Go down

New addition to the family well OK 2 Empty Re: New addition to the family well OK 2

Post by Mr. Fabulous August 6th 2010, 2:06 pm

Is that a 6' or 8' bed? Junkyard Jeff has a selection of transmissions, don't know if he's tired of stumbling over them or not. I think he's got a couple different 4 spds. How about a picture of the pup?
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 6th 2010, 10:25 pm

New addition to the family well OK 2 IMG_3186

Here is the second addition! And what a sweety she is... That and i got the trans all sorted out, after taking a good 5 minutes to crawl under the truck due to my back hating me today I had my lovely bride row thru the gears only to find out that all the pivot bushings are in need of replacing.. I made some out of aluminum tubing that are working for now, untill I can get to a lathe to make some good ones.. Yhe Doug in the pic it looks like an 8' but she is a 6 footer....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2010, 11:23 pm

Cute pup.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 6th 2010, 11:50 pm

Parts truck in the first of this video. lol!

RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 7th 2010, 12:17 am

MAn I could have used that windshield...lol mine has a scratch in it....
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 7th 2010, 12:22 am

Yhea I know everybody has mixed feelings about the American Stafordshire breed but my Adult Dog Lizzy is a Boxer pit mix and she has been the best dog I have ever owned, I am hoping that her good manors will rub off on the pup.. So far so good, they both hate our cat so we are off to a good start, but the cat bust both of there buts on a regular basis..lol
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyardjeff August 7th 2010, 7:00 am

I got two of those mid 80s 3 speed with o/d trans that would make it more highway friendly,one has the shifter in the top plate and the other looks like a toploader 4 speed. I dont have anything to put them in at the moment and I am tripping over them.

junkyardjeff
BANNED

Number of posts : 1467

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 August 7th 2010, 2:30 pm

Send me a pm and let me know what your thinking...If they have an o.d. that would really help out with 390 gears (atleast thats what I am thinking is in it..
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 7th 2010, 3:04 pm

Nice looking Ford. But the puppy is too cute!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 8th 2010, 3:06 am

i like the truck, like u dont care for those rims to much. oh yeah cute pup 2...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous August 8th 2010, 3:37 am

Pretty girl you got there. The pup we got has been just chewing everything up. He's been a real pain. The old Ford looks pretty cool too. I'd like to have an older truck to drive to work. Had a truck years ago and still miss being able to haul crap.......
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down