{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

city of newport and ky klassics car club

+7
John B
Roller Coaster
Ron Stephens
Lady rebel
RebStew
JRiggs
jbs10
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

city of newport and ky klassics car club  Empty city of newport and ky klassics car club

Post by jbs10 August 1st 2010, 10:28 pm

got a flyer in the truck today, it looks like it is going on not schur. who the ky klassics club is but they found some ot do it...
city of newport and ky klassics car club  Newport
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

city of newport and ky klassics car club  Empty Re: city of newport and ky klassics car club

Post by JRiggs August 1st 2010, 11:30 pm

they are the same ones that took over the autozone cruise in alexandria. also gary is the same dj that we had that was friends with ron and gretle
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

city of newport and ky klassics car club  Empty Re: city of newport and ky klassics car club

Post by RebStew August 1st 2010, 11:30 pm

Gary is our old DJ from Alexandria and Barone is the one who worked on Ron Stephens Suburban and screwed him out of a few grand and then dumped the project after he tore it into a million pieces. Both guys are real works of art.
Hopefully it works out for the city.
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 1st 2010, 11:31 pm

it will be interesting to see what kinda numbers they have.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 2nd 2010, 4:16 pm

I'm sure it'll be interesting... NOt many business owners participated last year because we(the club) didn't come in personally to ask for their help. Now they are going to be more confussed than ever.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Stephens August 5th 2010, 2:05 am

Very interesting................ I just heard about this Klassic's deal today............
By the way Steve, neither of these guys are friends of mine. I never claimed them and never will... So lets ease up on that idea...........

Ron Stephens
Scrounger

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 5th 2010, 3:38 am

JRiggs wrote:they are the same ones that took over the autozone cruise in alexandria. also gary is the same dj that we had that was friends with ron and gretle
Wasn't me that said it. I know you had problems with the one.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 5th 2010, 4:29 am

i said it. sorry for misunderstanding
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller Coaster August 5th 2010, 2:39 pm

Sounds like this could be an interesting event to attend!
Roller Coaster
Roller Coaster
Hot Rod Builder

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by John B August 5th 2010, 3:31 pm

Roller Coaster wrote:Sounds like this could be an interesting event to attend!

Maybe to walk around and spectate
John B
John B
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1028

http://www.kustomtrophy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 5th 2010, 7:06 pm

Wonder if it will be a short walk? Sorry I had to do that. I hope for the best..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 5th 2010, 7:06 pm

that was mean. but a good one....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 5th 2010, 7:10 pm

This year is bitter sweet for me. I just wonder how many cars will be there. So that will make for a short walk. But I hope for the best that those people get done what needs to be done. In the short time they have to do it. Was that okay.. I didn't say anything about a good one..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 5th 2010, 8:02 pm

The ground work is already set for the Newpport Car Show because we did it the last two years. People in the area look forward to it. I think it will continue to grow if anyone can get past the city's BS If a club can do that then you are looking at a great show. I was talking about this the other day to a club member. The Newport Car Show Would have past up Somerset Car Show within 5 yaers if the city would have been able to do what they should have done. Both yaers we had to close the gates at 2:30. Last year the Fire Chief made it clear we had to keep a fire lane open. We fill what the city would give us and then started double parking cars in the parking spots too. Fire Chief wasn't happy but we ran out of room before noon. Then by 2:30 we had even filled the fire lane.
This year we could have taken it all the way up York St. And the following year it would have been bigger. I stressed over and over we needed more room. The city couldn't stop fighting between themselves to worry about what the show needed.
Hopefuly it works out for whoever runs it. But it was made clear while I was in the meeting that the city for whatever reason just couldn't get along with each other long enough to want to try to have a huge show.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 8th 2010, 3:12 am

any scroungers taking their ride?
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 8th 2010, 7:51 am

JRiggs wrote:any scroungers taking their ride?
I was untill I seen they raised the price up compared to what we had it. I may walk through just to be nice Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 18th 2010, 9:24 pm

i'm walk down with the kiddo's on sunday. wife has to work...
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 19th 2010, 12:39 am

I'll go down. Maybe eat at Newport Pizza or Gourmet Chili if it's not too crowded.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cratethis August 19th 2010, 3:11 am

Lady rebel wrote:Maybe eat at Newport Pizza

Make sure you say hi to Jeff for me!
Cratethis
Cratethis
1000 post club

Number of posts : 1568
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 22nd 2010, 3:25 pm

Come on Steve take the Mustang down Very Happy Anyone else going down today? What time are you going?
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel August 22nd 2010, 5:24 pm

the streets are filling up down there. only 2 Scroungers so far. Registration for judging ended at 11am. I'm heading back down. Maybe I'll see some more Scroungers. Randy Vickers pulled in as I was leaving.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by jbs10 August 23rd 2010, 2:04 am

so what did u think.........????
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by JRiggs August 23rd 2010, 2:30 am

one to many mother freaken golf carts....
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 23rd 2010, 3:14 am

About 35% drop from last years cars but it was a good day for a show. I'll leave it at that. bom
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew August 23rd 2010, 3:23 am

One thing did go south but it was as we were leaving the show. Aryan had been talking smack about Chevy's breaking down. I went by the Code Enforcement guy and was getting ready to lay it open when the car started shaking and going nuts. It sounded bad! We killed the engine and got it to the curb. I told Aryan sounded like we lost the driveshaft. He starts screaming at me(GOOD GOING DAD!!!) lol I said I didn't do anything. It's a Ford!
I get out and look under. Their traction controll that was welded to the rearend broke loose and one end was dragging the ground. I slid up under it and yanked off my belt and tied it all together to get her home.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next