{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky)

+2
jbs10
RebStew
6 posters

Go down

Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky) Empty Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky)

Post by RebStew April 11th 2010, 6:53 am

Something cool is being planned for July. Details coming soon. Shocked
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky) Empty Re: Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky)

Post by jbs10 April 12th 2010, 4:49 am

Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky) Icon_cool get them cars done.long haul.
jbs10
jbs10
Scrounger

Number of posts : 1184
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Back to top Go down

Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky) Empty Re: Scroungers CC's Pike 27 Long Haul (Somerset, Ky)

Post by Admin July 11th 2010, 5:15 pm

This is going to be a cool run. I use to never miss the July run because it was the power cruise. I have video here of some of the club cruising down with a pack of 250 plus cars down I-75 to get to the car show. It's sad to say but the last few years the cruise down was not what it should have been. Only a handfull of cars and not at all the cruise that it once was. This year we are taking things into our own hands to make it a fun trip. We are going to cruise our own route, stop when we want to for gas and breakfast and just take it easy and enjoy a nice drive to get to their show. Taking 27 all the way down will take over 4 hours so a few of us were talking and we will drive I-75 down to Lexington and then shoot over to Pike 27 and take the back roads into Somerset for the show. This is going to be a good time so don't miss it..
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin July 11th 2010, 5:19 pm

For the guys and gals that have never been to the Somerset cruise you won't believe what you see. This is not your typical cruise in that you see. EVERY month they put this on and have around 1500 cars every month. July is the biggest one and may bring in over 2000 hot rods if all goes well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1630

http://www.scroungers.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 11th 2010, 6:39 pm

So, is this a leave early Saturday morning and come home Sunday event? What is the planned or tentative schedule?

Last edited by Z-YOU on July 11th 2010, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Number of posts : 746
Registration date : 2009-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 11th 2010, 9:17 pm

We still havn't come up with a time to leave for saturday morning. There are alot of hotels down there if anyone decides to stay. The Stewart's have booked a room at Knight's Inn. Steve can give more details. For everyone who's going make sure you bring your walking shoes..
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 11th 2010, 9:52 pm

We will meet some place before Richwood exit at 9am to get some breakfast and take off from there with whoever shows. Anyone have an idea on where to eat breakfast? I hop or Perkins? If so let me know so I can dig up the address. We need a place easy to get back on the highway.
Half the crew stays all night when we go and the other half comes on home. So if you don't want to stay all night no biggie. After walking through the show and cruising the 4 lanes of 27, with over a 1000 cars late at night I don't feel like driving back so we always stay over.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 11th 2010, 11:38 pm

Cracker Barrel is the easiest and price and food quality is always good. 9 AM will be tough on a Saturday no matter where you go around Florence.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 12th 2010, 4:19 pm

Cracker Barrel sounds good to me!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 12th 2010, 5:05 pm

Cracker Barrel at 9 a.m. then...
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 17th 2010, 8:51 am

Sounds like a lot of guys are not sure if they are going. We can wait for a few days and see how things go but if there are only one or two guys going then I'm going to sit this one out. I know alot of member have alot going on and that understandable. I just don't want to rack up the miles on the Bird if only a couple is going to go. Long trip in a hot car. I know a couple of members have been working hard on their cars to get them ready and say they are not sure they can make it. With only 7 days till we leave it's not looking good. Just keep an eye on this thread and we will see what happens. Weather may play a role too. Never know it may thunder storm or something crazy.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 19th 2010, 6:22 pm

Sounds like this isn't going to happen. I don't think my wife's necessarily big on going since she just got home from a long driving trip anyhow.
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 19th 2010, 7:48 pm

I guess this means the Stewart family will be going in the Yaris. I don't want to miss this one!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 19th 2010, 7:57 pm

Amy, you going w/o Steve?
Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 19th 2010, 8:04 pm

Z-YOU wrote:Amy, you going w/o Steve?
He said he will ride in my car since no one is taking their hot rod. Steve will enjoy the air conditioning. Our daughter said we will go with or without him though. She's had her bag packed since last week.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 19th 2010, 10:34 pm

Lady rebel wrote:
Z-YOU wrote:Amy, you going w/o Steve?
Our daughter said we will go with or without him though. She's had her bag packed since last week.
Laughing can you feel the love. lol
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Z-YOU July 20th 2010, 1:05 am

[/quote] Laughing can you feel the love. lol [/quote]

I don't know about that but I sensed you were overruled & would be going. Laughing

Z-YOU
Z-YOU
BANNED

Back to top Go down

Post by jdporter221 July 20th 2010, 2:03 am

My wife and I will be driving down in my plastic chevy if anyone wants to cruise down with us. We can meet at Walton Krogers
Jim Porter
jdporter221
jdporter221
new kid on the block

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 21st 2010, 11:20 am

Looks like there are a few of us heading down in our daily drivers just to get away for the weekend. Not sure what time everyone wants to take off. Jr?? Butch??? Jeff?? Are we going to get breakfast before we leave?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel July 23rd 2010, 7:40 pm

For those of us who are heading down in our daily drivers instead of hot rods. We are meeting and eating at Gourmet Chili on Monmouth St. at 9 am. Anyone is welcome to join us.. See ya tomorrow!!
Lady rebel
Lady rebel

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 23rd 2010, 8:36 pm

If you are driving your hot rod there will be a slew of people at Richwood Rest area leaving @ 9 a.m.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew July 24th 2010, 8:29 am

We are going to meet at Gourmet to eat breakfast before we leave. Even if you are not going down you could stop out and eat a couple pan cakes or eggs with us. Very Happy
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down