{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011

2 posters

Go down

Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011 Empty Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011

Post by RebStew January 7th 2011, 9:00 am

Saturday, May 28th 2011
There have been a few problems with trying to get the crew to do this run. I think it is because most of us went down 3 or 4 years ago in July and it was over 100 degrees. We didn't have a good time at all. It's always hot in July down there. Last year we tried it again. I took the kids with me and that was a huge mistake. Aryan had a heat stroke and I had to get Butch to toss him on my back and carry him thru dowtown and about 6 blocks away where we had to park. He had a Gatoraid with him and was sipping on it when the heat took over. We got him in the AC at a store and was forcing him to eat bananas to get his potassium up a little and then off to the motel where we stayed untill the sun went down.
I use to never miss the July run because it was the power cruise. I have video here of some of the club cruising down with a pack of 250 plus cars down I-75 to get to the car show. It's sad to say but the last few years the cruise down was not what it should have been. Only a handfull of cars and not at all the cruise that it once was. AGAIN this year we are taking things into our own hands to make it a fun trip. We are not going down as a group in July! We are going to cruise our own route, stop when we want to for gas and breakfast and just take it easy and enjoy a nice drive to get to their show. We will drive I-75 down to Lexington and then shoot over to Pike 27 and take the back roads into Somerset for the show. This is going to be a good time so don't miss it..

Last edited by RebStew on February 7th 2012, 8:26 am; edited 4 times in total
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011 Empty Re: Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011

Post by RebStew January 7th 2011, 9:06 am

Pics from last years show. They pull in a huge amount of hot rods.

http://www.scroungers.net/t3266-somerset-car-show?highlight=somerset

Somerset's Somernites Cruise In Page:

http://www.somernitescruise.com/index.html
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011 Empty Re: Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011

Post by RebStew January 7th 2011, 9:37 am

I was looking through some old pics on the Somernites page and ran across this. Remember (Find Waldo?) How about find a Scrounger?
Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011 IMG_3381

Scroungers cruise to Somerset ,Ky May 28th 2011 IMG_3381-1-2
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady rebel January 13th 2011, 3:22 am

Too funny!! We didn't take this pic.
Lady rebel
Lady rebel
Scroungers Treasurer/Secretary

Number of posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down