{ Scaring babies and little old ladies with open headers since 1964 }
Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scroungers Car Club web site.
It cost nothing to register Sign up and speak up!

Sorry for the wall. This keeps our web site clean of SPAM and other unwanted parties so the true gear heads can enjoy him/her self.
You must register to see most of this forum. Register or if you have already registered just log in to see what's going on.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

64 Falcon. what style?

4 posters

Go down

64 Falcon. what style? Empty 64 Falcon. what style?

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 2:03 am

I wanted to make a post to see what everyone thought would make this Falcon look like a true race car from back in the day. this is a post about Ideas and what everyone likes. we will try to do our best to listen to everyone and make this car everyone can live with. we are on a budget so we can't have a Blown alky motor in it. money is an object with this build. most everyone I've talked to so far like the talk of turning it into a gasser. anyone not like that idea?
we will take everyone styles and match them the best we can and shoot for that.this is kind of what I like. not what it will be but my style.

straight axel front with 3" block to get it a bit higher. slots or steelies.skinnies in the front and slicks in the rear, super straight body with paint, logo, name and class on the side of it made to look like it was painted on in the late 60's.tear drop hood scoop or the engine poking out the hood, no front bumper, moon tank in the front.(maybe) and maybe top it off with some colored tinted window. red, blue or? matter what color the car is. van seat or a low back bucket of some kind. the inside gutted. but painted up nice. all metal showing would have a nice gloss paint job.doors headliner rear package try ect ect.
thats kind of what I like. what do you guys like?
RebStew
RebStew
Scrounger's Pitbull On Nitrous

Number of posts : 12420
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

64 Falcon. what style? Empty Re: 64 Falcon. what style?

Post by JRiggs November 9th 2007, 2:19 am

i like it sitting him high, steelies all the way around. nice paint, interior just painted nothing special, i dont like the tear drop hood, i dont know why and dont even understand why they are built like that, maybe the wiser could fill me in.
JRiggs
JRiggs
Scrounger

Number of posts : 3505

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 2:34 am

only reason I said tear drop is because it's era correct. I don't care for them but thats what they used. in the 70's they started with the snorkel scoop. I had a few of those Very Happy I'm not sure we could put a scoop on the hood anyway. it has some funky body lines on the hoods that may make it hard. we could leave the flat hood and get some of those headlight grills for a Jeep, take out the headlights run ducts and I could make one of my famous daul snorkel breathers. kind of like a thunder bolt has on them. you can't get much more of a ram air effect than what I'm talking about. I was making them before the after market companies started selling them for over 200 a pop.
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Fabulous November 9th 2007, 3:51 am

The real Thunderbolts had the teardrop scoop but it had a ram air type setup. The air was forced in thru the headlight buckets and 4" hoses connected to a box over the carbs. The scoop supplied room for the hoses and let air in to circulate around the engine. I had a tear drop scoop on an old 56, it sure blew the snow and rain in on the motor. Get some old newspaper mail boxes or make a sheet metal scoop (like the old Grump's Lump and I think on Twe Lane Blacktop). Those were popular in the late 60's. The tear drops were mostly on the factory S/S cars.
Mr. Fabulous
Mr. Fabulous
Blowing fire

Number of posts : 2042
Registration date : 2007-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by LRS30 November 9th 2007, 2:14 pm

I know a guy who has a red plexi scoop looks very era correct......I like everything posted so far.......
LRS30
LRS30
Forum Junky

Number of posts : 1823

http://www.myspace.com/ryanbfg

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 9th 2007, 3:15 pm

LRS30 wrote:I know a guy who has a red plexi scoop looks very era correct......I like everything posted so far.......
red plexi scoop with red tinted windows Very Happy I like that
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by RebStew November 10th 2007, 5:02 pm

LRS30 wrote:I know a guy who has a red plexi scoop looks very era correct......I like everything posted so far.......
Do you think the guy would come off it without us breaking the kids piggy banks?
RebStew
RebStew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down